• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita claim settlement emails going on NOW

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Kinda feels shitty, since I think the original lawsuit was iffy. But the money is going back to them anyway. I'll consider it payment for my faulty launch PS3 (I got MANY hours out of it, not really all that mad) ;p

Now to decide if it's going to Fallout 4 or Terraway PS4.
Leaning towards Terraway, since I think I'll get Fallout 4 on PC, but with apparent Mod Support for PS4, I don't know...

Arsin

Just got my $25 bucks. Not sure what I want to get, maybe Until Dawn or that new vita game that got a bunch of people banned, not for the reason they got banned though, I like dungeon crawlers. What are you guys/gals getting with your $25? (if that is what you revived)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Cool. I kinda wrote this off as a scam. Cool to see it come through.

It looked legit, I'm just surprised they settled for THAT much. It was an advertising issue, and it was fairly tenuous.

Details for those not in the know:
http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/25/sony-playstation-vita-ftc-refunds/

How was this dealt with Canada?

It was a Settlement with the FTC which is a US Agency, I've not heard anything for Canada.
If you got an email earlier about it, it would have been worth trying to submit the claim.

KimChi

Woop, got my $25 voucher dunno what to spend it on. Caught me by surprise when I saw it in my inbox cause I completely forgot about it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to check if we filled out the form? I thought I did it but wouldn't be surprised if I forgot. I'll be so mad if I forgot.

Shizuka

Yes, it ended yesterday, sadly. Maybe we'll get lucky tomorrow or something.

I guess if nothing I care about goes on sale over the month, I'll use the funds towards Persona 4 DAN DLC.

I'd gladly buy OPPW and OPPW2 in preparation for OPPW3, but I guess I won't.

nikos

Got my Vita day one. Vaguely remember signing up for something like this but haven't received an email yet.

Is there any way to verify whether we ever applied, perhaps an old email or something?

EDIT: I see the original email sent to me from April, but no confirmation. Pretty sure I did it though.

EDIT 2: Maybe I opted to receive a check.

C.R.E.A.M.

CNNZdJQVEAAE6Bi.jpg:large

hmm... maybe I should put it towards MGS5 and buy digital, so I don't have to wait half a day for UPS.

Got my Vita day one. Vaguely remember signing up for something like this but haven't received an email yet.

Is there any way to verify whether we ever applied, perhaps an old email or something?

EDIT: I see the original email sent to me from April, but no confirmation. Pretty sure I did it though.

EDIT 2: Maybe I opted to receive a check.

Can you share who the previous email came from? I want to search for my old one too. I am sure I signed up for the $25 credit but want to find some evidence. Lol.

nikos

Can you share who the previous email came from? I want to search for my old one too. I am sure I signed up for the $25 credit but want to find some evidence. Lol.

vitalegaloffer@playstationvita.us.com

Only have the initial offer email. Don't think they sent a confirmation.

CASH BACK OR MERCHANDISE OFFER FROM
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA LLC
Dear Customer:
Our records show that you purchased a PlayStation Vita handheld game console prior to June 1, 2012. The Federal Trade Commission has alleged that some SCEA advertisements for the PlayStation Vita during this period were deceptive. Although SCEA neither admits nor denies liability in connection with this matter, SCEA has agreed to settle the dispute with the Federal Trade Commission by offering either cash back (or credit on your PSN account) or merchandise to customers who purchased a PlayStation Vita before June 1, 2012, and who have not returned the product for a full refund.
Accordingly, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to receive a check for $25 (or a $25 credit on your PSN account). Alternatively, you are eligible to receive a merchandise voucher that you can use to select from a list of merchandise, video games and/or services. The selection of merchandise, video games and/or services that are available through this offer has a retail value of $50 or more.
You are eligible to receive either a check for $25 (or a $25 credit on your PSN account) or a merchandise voucher, but not both. For details of each offer and to make your choice of the $25 check (or credit) or the merchandise voucher, please click here.
You MUST complete and submit the information requested in the above link by June 30, 2015 to be eligible to receive the $25 check (or $25 credit on your PSN account) or merchandise voucher worth $50 or more. Please be assured that your acceptance of this offer does not obligate you to purchase anything.
For more information on our settlement with the Federal Trade Commission, please visit www.ftc.gov and search for “Sony Computer Entertainment America.”
If you have any questions, please call Sony Computer Entertainment America claims administration at 1-800-410-5484.

ViciousDS

Banned
Da fuq, I never got an intial email on the claim for where to send shit to. Wow what a bunch of bullshit, even have records through Amazon.

Top Bottom