• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Im looking forward on buying a vita. But I have a couple of questions.
1. Do all AR card work with vita or are there specific ones made exclusively for it?
2. Is there a Vita offer that is up or coming in weeks or months? I passed out on the one from Gamestop cause I didn't had enough cash.
3. Do emulators run better on vita or almost the same as the psp? Earthbound on PSP runs with some slowdowns and would love to play it at full speed

Sintoid

So Im looking forward on buying a vita. But I have a couple of questions.
1. Do all AR card work with vita or are there specific ones made exclusively for it?
2. Is there a Vita offer that is up or coming in weeks or months? I passed out on the one from Gamestop cause I didn't had enough cash.
3. Do emulators run better on vita or almost the same as the psp? Earthbound on PSP runs with some slowdowns and would love to play it at full speed

emulators do not run on PSVita

KillGore

Anyone got images of the ar cards? I don't believe my vita came with any.

282515-ar-cards.jpg

They're pretty big cards, it's hard to miss.

Edit: well I feel stupid, I wasn't aware you were asking for full pictures so you could print them out.

Darknight

If they haven't they will. They already did 2 IIRC. He admits himself that it's easy for Sony to shut the holes down easily.

Games get removed hours after "release". No way to patch the games but they can patch the PSP emulator via a firmware update. The latest exploit runs on current fw 1.67 but that's if you bought the game before it was removed from PSN.

282515-ar-cards.jpg

They're pretty big cards, it's hard to miss.

Edit: well I feel stupid, I wasn't aware you were asking for full pictures so you could print them out.

My Wifi model came without a #1 ar card so I can't even play the AR soccer if I wanted :/ any way to get it replaced with minimal pay? Printing is not the same ;P

dallow_bg

nods at old men
If you like to buy console to spend hours trying to run old games in crappy ways just to waste your time you're welcome...

I suggest you to buy console and the relative games, they're satisfying in some way...
That isn't what he was asking.
He can do whatever he wants with his devices.

To actually answer his question though, I remember reading that the emulators were not up to par with their respective versions on PSP yet. That was a couple months ago though.

magawolaz

My Wifi model came without a #1 ar card so I can't even play the AR soccer if I wanted :/ any way to get it replaced with minimal pay? Printing is not the same ;P
I couldn't even complete the tutorial of that goddamn AR soccer thing.
I don't know if it's bugged or what :/

Any rumors about Locoroco Vita? :(

FireCloud

I wish! I would love to see a Locoroco on the Vita.

The device is perfect for it. No more using the triggers to tilt the level. Instead, use the gyros. So many play possibilities with the front and back touch screens as well.

Darn....why did you even bring it up....now I'm going to be disappointed.

Afrikan

Anyone got images of the ar cards? I don't believe my vita came with any.

there is an app on the Android Store that displays the cards.....I used it for some of the free games...works well for Fireworks and Diving (but not soccer, since you need more than one).

what is crazy is that, you could play the games in a Dark room since a smartphone or tablet displays the cards bright enough, and it just looks amazing to see the fireworks in a dark room.

Grinchy

Banned
I am a little too hooked to Monster Hunter now. I am dying for them to announce a Vita version. Trophies, higher res, better graphics, new content, infrastructure online....omg please please please

Not me. Locoroco>>>Patapon IMO. Don't get me wrong, patapon is awesome but the locoroco games were among the best experiences I had on the PSP.

Loco Roco were some of the worst experiences I had with a PSP. I'm not saying the game is bad, I just had a hard time enjoying it even though I loved most about it.

Carl

If you are in Europe and didn't know, PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe will now work on your Vita :D

US next week apparently.

Bought Unit 13 yesterday. I'm sorta sad it didn't do better. It's such a well made game. Challenging too.

It's a wonderful game. And I think it's done alright, as far as vita titles go. It was the #2 seller on the vita store in it's first month and #7 in its second month.

What I don't understand is if you're sony and Zipper makes one of your best launch window vita games, you need more vita games, but you close Zipper down. How does that make sense, sony?

Loco Roco were some of the worst experiences I had with a PSP. I'm not saying the game is bad, I just had a hard time enjoying it even though I loved most about it.

I guess different tastes for everyone. I thought it was the best and most original platformer in years and I rank it high among the best platformers I've ever played.

Raoh

How did sony manage to allow me to play my own music on the vita where I can't on the ps3?

At first I read that it was a lack of memory issue.

But then I found this patent listing.
http://www.google.com/patents/US6878067

Inventor: Victor Keith Blanco
Original Assignee: Microsoft Corp.
Primary Examiner: Kim Nguyen
Attorney: Lee & Hayes PLLC
Current U.S. Classification: 463/43; 463/35
International Classification: A63F009/24

Method and apparatus for creating and playing soundtracks in a gaming system

A gaming system includes a game console that executes an application that creates and plays soundtracks through the gaming system. The application allows a user to create soundtracks by copying audio tracks from one or more audio sources. A user-created soundtrack can be associated with a particular game such that the user-created soundtrack is played during execution of the game instead of the game's default soundtrack. During execution of a game, a user may change the soundtrack being played.

So is the lack of the feature on ps3 a memory issue or a patent issue?

Darknight

How did sony manage to allow me to play my own music on the vita where I can't on the ps3?

At first I read that it was a lack of memory issue.

But then I found this patent listing.
http://www.google.com/patents/US6878067

So is the lack of the feature on ps3 a memory issue or a patent issue?

I'm sure its memory/os issue. Vita was built around newer features PS3 lacked on the beginning like x-game chat and custom ost. But custom soundtracks work different than on an xb360 so maybe that why the patent doesn't do crap. (Not as nicely integrated like the 360) If I'm wrong, please correct my statements.

Oxn

E# better let us know that

A. price drop to 199 including an 8gig memory card

B. White version comes to USA.

that is all.

UFRA

Why are so many people expecting price drops?

The Vita is only 3-ish months into it's life, and people are already wanting a lower price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom