• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

I believe Sony will announce major Vita title soon. And then Nintendo could announce the new 3DS model, I heard it's physically as big as Vita, lol.

Very nice (on both counts). Do you know if it's before E3 or during?

Edit: I just found something strange.

I had a problem getting WipEout HD to run on my PS3 (some missing key file or something) so I went to redownload it off the store and, in the description, it says this:

Buy this product for Playstation 3 and get it on the Playstation Vita FOR FREE as DLC for WipEout 2048. Simply head to the Playstation Store and you'll find this product ready to be downloaded free of charge for Playstation Vita. Available May 2012(Emphasis mine).

I guess that didn't pan out, lol. Who knows when they put that description up, though. I mean, I remember them announcing getting that as DLC, but not when. Weird that it's in the description. It's also in the description of the Fury add-on.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I believe Sony will announce major Vita title soon. And then Nintendo could announce the new 3DS model, I heard it's physically as big as Vita, lol.

...As big as Vita? The hell? Tell me more ( if it's possible, on PM :p )

Sly on Vita? Interesting.

so... i'm really really enjoying Army Corps of Hell. I mean, its not perfect, its not worth the original asking price, but at the clearance price at sony stores, i'm having a ton of fun with it.

Looks like i wasn't only one tempted by low price ;)

Altrough graphically it looks like shit gameplay is fun through get's a bit repetitive later (i'm at stage 15) also I found it's quite challenging afeter first few levels.

They should have made it $15 PSN title from the start and it would have much better reviews

Koroviev

Ugh, the slowdown in Wipeout is such a bummer :(

I suppose it's a testament to the quality of the game that the combat mode is still really fun in spite of it, but such profound lag shouldn't be there.

On a more positive note, the Gravity Daze soundtrack is phenomenal. June 12th can't arrive soon enough.

Ugh, the slowdown in Wipeout is such a bummer :(

I suppose it's a testament to the quality of the game that the combat mode is still really fun in spite of it, but such profound lag shouldn't be there.

On a more positive note, the Gravity Daze soundtrack is phenomenal. June 12th can't arrive soon enough.

Have sony publsihed soundtrack for it somewhere ?

SmokyDave

The games are two months old, come on.
I don't care. In iOS / Steam terms, that's a lifetime.

Some games had their prices reduced on the Store already (Army Corps of Hell, Michael Jackson ...)
Just MJ here in the UK. Easily the least tempting game on the store.

For this digital initiative to succeed, they need sales. Regular sales.

DBT85

link didn't work but I can see a lot of people going with the "lol needs it's own games" argument.

I think Sony are trying to build an ecosystem where you can play and do stuff across different kit so the more games that come to both platforms the better. I think it certainly should be the norm for most PSN titles unless they are using some specific function of the hardware.

deadlast

I tried out a vita for the first time last night, and I have to say I was really impressed by that thing. I have a two questions.

Does the vita do web browsing?
Does it have any toddler friendly games, I have a 4 yr old that is going to play it some?

Number45

I tried out a vita for the first time last night, and I have to say I was really impressed by that thing. I have a two questions.

Does it have any toddler friendly games, I have a 4 yr old that is going to play it some?
It does have a browser, although it's far from perfect.

Frobisher Says and in particular Paint Park should be well received by a young person (they're both free downloads, with Frobisher having a cheap unlock for more mini-games). My girls are also partial to Mutant Blobs (earlier levels of this might actually be OK, they're nice and easy and very fun) and Everybody's Golf (with all of the assists on), but they're a little older (youngest is 6 and a half).

EDIT: Also possibly the AR games, although I have to admit I haven't tried them.

FireCloud

EDIT: Also possibly the AR games, although I have to admit I haven't tried them.

I agree. The fireworks AR game is pretty mindless but should be perfect for a small child (and me apparently seeing as I played it for a couple of hours). The only problem would be coaching them to keep the AR card in view while playing.

With apparently only 6 single player levels in Resistance, I really need to see some reviews comment on game length.

Really?! Where did you hear that? If that is the case then I'm going to have to wait until there is a pretty good discount before I pick it up. I was hoping that the single player would be about as long as Golden Abyss.

Kafel

Banned
new.JPG

Anybody else really excited for Resistance: Burning Skies? I guess a lot of it has to do with me being a fan of the franchise, but also it's the first real FPS on a handheld I'll get to experience.

Is that out on the 29th or 31st? I'm seeing conflicting dates all over...

Epcott

Everytime I attempt to play a video I've bought or rented, I get "the copyright protection information is not valid". Yet, I was able to rent a movie from PSN on my Vita this morning. What gives?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Really?! Where did you hear that? If that is the case then I'm going to have to wait until there is a pretty good discount before I pick it up. I was hoping that the single player would be about as long as Golden Abyss.

We know from the Trophies, ones for "Complete Level 1" to "Complete Level 6", there are two hidden ones whether they have to do with levels I don't know.
I was hoping each would be like Resistance 3, so long levels broken up into chapters, but it looks like there might just be 6 levels in it, which will be disappointing if true.

Anybody else really excited for Resistance: Burning Skies? I guess a lot of it has to do with me being a fan of the franchise, but also it's the first real FPS on a handheld I'll get to experience.

I've been a fan of the series, but never really excited for them, I enjoy them but they have never really blown me away with anything they have done.
I might still pick it up though, can't help you with a release date though, its the 1st of July here, lol.

ReaperXL7

As stated above it does have web browsing but the browser could use some work.

As far as games for young children, my daughter is almost three and she loves paint park, she loves anything where she can draw, color, or paint though. she's picked it up pretty easily aswell. A 4 year old could probably pick up on Rayman, and some welcome park games aswell. Having netflix/video store on it is great as well for children in a variety of situations.

mr_toa

A few questions:
-Is it possible to text chat in the Skype app? I only seem to be able to do video and phone calls.
-Is the Netflix app sort of laggy/buggy to anyone else?

The Netflix is a bit slow yes, but IMHO nothing really bad. Hasn't been hit by any crashes or other in terms of bugs etc.

deadlast

Thanks for the quick replies.

Like I said my son is almost 4, he really only plays cut the rope and angry birds. So any touch screen based games he can do.

Is there any plans for sony to update the browser?

yencid

Yeah if touch screen games is what you want, little deviants is the way to go.

Also i really hope we get to see Some more of Warriors Lair/ Ruin at E3.

gadwn

FireCloud said:

The producer was at Up at Noon recently, he confirmed it took the play testers around six hours to finish the campaign.

The game looks like ass also, i can pretty much guarantee that the reviews won't be positive at all. The studios track record ain't promising either...

Ran rp

The Netflix is a bit slow yes, but IMHO nothing really bad. Hasn't been hit by any crashes or other in terms of bugs etc.

You've never experienced this flashing block in the top right corner of the screen when watching fast paced scenes?

It looks like screen tearing in games but instead of the tear running across the screen it stays in that one corner. This isn't the best example since the block is black here instead of a torn segment of the rest of the frame but it's all I could capture. I've had this bug since day one.

Barryman

They really need to patch Netflix, the interface is horrible. The worst is when the Vita goes to sleep while running Netflix and drops Wifi. When you wake it back up, it just hangs until you restart.

Cornbread78

Is that out on the 29th or 31st? I'm seeing conflicting dates all over...

Yes sir, pre-ordered and paid for already, let's see how it turns out, I'm looking forward to trying out a FPS on the VITA.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sooooo none of you guys ever had video playback copywrite issues?

Bought or rented from where? If you don't mind me asking. The Vita only supports MP4 videos, which as far as I've seen, can't be purchased or rented DRM-free from any digital video service. So you're basically forced to purchase or rent from the PS3 or Vita video stores if you want to do things the legit way.

My netflix will not work...
Can't even login... it keeps telling me to put in my login info, then it'll say it can't connect to netflix service.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
My netflix will not work...
Can't even login... it keeps telling me to put in my login info, then it'll say it can't connect to netflix service.

Yeah, I've experienced this a few times myself. I couldn't access my queue for like a week straight due to that. I don't know if it's Sony or Netflix's fault, but it's pretty shitty. Sometimes if you keep trying you'll get through eventually, but it's kind of a pain in the ass.

PSY・S;37989958 said:
Try signing in with incorrect info then trying again with your actual credentials. That always works for me.

Makes no sense... as I was googling responses, with the error screen open... it changed to a screen that said I need to reactivate this device... so I clicked it...

Just randomly switches after 2 minutes of not touching it.

Programs!

Ran rp

Makes no sense... as I was googling responses, with the error screen open... it changed to a screen that said I need to reactivate this device... so I clicked it...

Just randomly switches after 2 minutes of not touching it.

Programs!

Well I never let it sit for that long. I got that same Netflix service error a few times and whenever I tried to sign in using my actual credentials I continued to get the error, but when I purposely tried to signed in with the wrong credentials and then again with the correct credentials it always worked. The app is a mess. There was one update but it fixed nothing.

Epcott

Bought or rented from where? If you don't mind me asking. The Vita only supports MP4 videos, which as far as I've seen, can't be purchased or rented DRM-free from any digital video service. So you're basically forced to purchase or rent from the PS3 or Vita video stores if you want to do things the legit way.

From the PSN store. I rented Chronicle from PSN this morning on the Vita and downloaded it. Triedto watch it and got something about copyright protection not being valid. Then I tried playing other PSN movies I bought previously that had worked, and they gave the same error.

I put in a new memory stick last week, maybe I need to synch my Vita with the PS3. Forgot how to do that.

Sintoid

I recieved the weekly email from Sony with PSN promos and new games

Seems that Tabletop Tanks will be available on May 23rd and will be priced 1.49€

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom