• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, taking down this arigami in Gods Eater Burst was intense and fun because I had AI partners to revive me when I went down and vice versa. So I let them use my restore balls when their health got low. I actually care about these bastards dying or not.

Gods Eater Burst is good place for people who like the idea of Monster Hunter but not the bs difficulty and crazy grinding involved in it. 20 Bucks on PSN isn't a terribad asking price either. Once again highly recommended for people who want a good game on PSP (especially since it doesn't seem they'll ever make damn Phantasy Star Portable 2 Vita compatible for the US)

Edit: Holy shit playing my PSP (for Phantasy Star Portable 2) again feels like going back in time. This thing is clunky as hell and this is the first time the analog nub has ever bothered me after buying my PSP on day one (2004 I think?)

cyborg009

Banned
Holy shit, taking down this arigami in Gods Eater Burst was intense and fun because I had AI partners to revive me when I went down and vice versa. So I let them use my restore balls when their health got low. I actually care about these bastards dying or not.

Gods Eater Burst is good place for people who like the idea of Monster Hunter but not the bs difficulty and crazy grinding involved in it. 20 Bucks on PSN isn't a terribad asking price either. Once again highly recommended for people who want a good game on PSP (especially since it doesn't seem they'll ever make damn Phantasy Star Portable 2 Vita compatible for the US)

The end game story missions get crazy you'll have to keep your members alive or you're dead

Whats more worth it? Gods Eater Burst or Gladiator Begins? I've played demos of both, and am a longtime Monster Hunter veteran... what is recommended?

go for the Gods eater burst you won't put as much hours as monster hunter but it will be a very enjoyable ride.

Whats more worth it? Gods Eater Burst or Gladiator Begins? I've played demos of both, and am a longtime Monster Hunter veteran... what is recommended?

As i've only played the demo for Gladiator Begins I can't have a totally perfect opinion but GEB reminds me of MonHun except a lot easier (so far).

edit: Just started the Gladiators demo since a while back...holy hell this feels super clunky compared to GEB...If you're still wondering GEB wins by far.

double edit: Okay maybe I was a little fast to judge, this is pretty damn technical in the fights disabling weapons and armor and such. But since you said MonHun vet, still GEB. But to anybody else reading this Gladiator isn't that bad, I may even pick up a little later when I have beat GEB and Mutant Blob.

Koroviev

Why are so many people expecting price drops?

The Vita is only 3-ish months into it's life, and people are already wanting a lower price?

More like wishing/expecting for Sony to lower the price. I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't mind paying less for things :p

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
How did sony manage to allow me to play my own music on the vita where I can't on the ps3?

At first I read that it was a lack of memory issue.

But then I found this patent listing.
http://www.google.com/patents/US6878067

So is the lack of the feature on ps3 a memory issue or a patent issue?

On the PS3 it is up to the developer to implement it as opposed to the 360 where it is part of the OS itself, some people assumed it was because MS had a patent on it so they got past it that way.

I haven't use anything on the Vita myself, does it play music and mute the game sounds as you go through then?

On the PS3 it is up to the developer to implement it as opposed to the 360 where it is part of the OS itself, some people assumed it was because MS had a patent on it so they got past it that way.

I haven't use anything on the Vita myself, does it play music and mute the game sounds as you go through then?

So far for me I've had to manually mute the games sounds so I can play my own music. Only tried it in Uncharted, Ninja Gaiden (cant play music in that period), Rayman and UMVC3. Of those only some let you play music and then you have to manually mute the game.

Has anyone had real hands on time with Ragnarok Odyssey? I'm really, really having high hopes for that being my replacement for MH until one comes to the Vita or SEGA announces PSO2 for the West...

Raoh

So far i've played super stardust delta, Dynasty Warriors Next and Unit 13 with my personal music I transferred to the vita. Not working with my psp titles.

launch music app, play tracks, launch game, play with your own tracks. hold home button to switch tracks and edit volume/brightness.

Facebook V1.02 update was released on May the 10th. I use an Euro account I can't seem to get it. I removed the app many types and redownloaded it, the only update I get is V1.01. Can anyone confirm whether this update was released for the Euro Store or not?
Thanks!

Facebook V1.02 update was released on May the 10th. I use an Euro account I can't seem to get it. I removed the app many types and redownloaded it, the only update I get is V1.01. Can anyone confirm whether this update was released for the Euro Store or not?
Thanks!

I don't get any Facebook updates either, sono, probably not out in EU. Does it have any meaningful features?

mollipen

I just started playing Gravity Rush, and oh god... this game is going to seriously bother me. *laughs* I have this thing about me where I sometimes get really emotional if I cause harm to innocent characters in games (unless it's a game like GTA where I'm playing specifically to be a jerk). Hell, it gets so bad at time that when playing Ico, I never run while holding Yorda's hand because I hate the way you physically jerk her around if you do.

I'm playing GR, see a crystal I want to grab, so I activate Kat's gravity powers. When you do this, if there are any NPC characters close to you, they get caught in this as well. Not thinking about that, I rocket myself toward the crystal, and then stop in mid-air when I get to it. Unfortunately, a child that got caught in my gravity bubble doesn't stop—and all I can do is float there in the air and watch as the kid goes rocketing out beyond the edge of the city, and out into the orange abyss of the horizon.

consoul

Unfortunately, a child that got caught in my gravity bubble doesn't stop—and all I can do is float there in the air and watch as the kid goes rocketing out beyond the edge of the city, and out into the orange abyss of the horizon.
Aside from the poor child gasping for breath in the thinning atmosphere as it heads for the freezing depths of space, consider the parents who will never know what happened to their little darling. Their relationship is now doomed and their lives will be consumed by unresolved grief.

You monster.

Sorry.

KongRudi

Banned

I think for the most part it mutes games music autoatically, while leaving game's sound effects on, i.e. voices and effects.

That happens in Virtua Tennis atleast, in Army corpse of Hell, I did experience one time that I had to mute the hard-rock myself, since it were there in addition to my own music.
Not sure if this happens sometimes, or if I just encountered a bug, or if I did something wrong.
For the most part it happens autoatically in my experience.

How to watch Youtube videos on your Vita.

Sorry if posted already, but this is a great workaround. You can basically DL any YT video to your Vita. Thank you Skyghene!

Requoted for awesomeness.

Should be in OP

Why are so many people expecting price drops?

The Vita is only 3-ish months into it's life, and people are already wanting a lower price?

Sales have been lackluster with numbers not sure if Sony were expecting.

A price drop isn't really necessary, unless they aren't announcing/showing some huge killer apps at E3 to get some momentum i guess.

patsu

I just started playing Gravity Rush, and oh god... this game is going to seriously bother me. *laughs* I have this thing about me where I sometimes get really emotional if I cause harm to innocent characters in games (unless it's a game like GTA where I'm playing specifically to be a jerk). Hell, it gets so bad at time that when playing Ico, I never run while holding Yorda's hand because I hate the way you physically jerk her around if you do.

I'm playing GR, see a crystal I want to grab, so I activate Kat's gravity powers. When you do this, if there are any NPC characters close to you, they get caught in this as well. Not thinking about that, I rocket myself toward the crystal, and then stop in mid-air when I get to it. Unfortunately, a child that got caught in my gravity bubble doesn't stop—and all I can do is float there in the air and watch as the kid goes rocketing out beyond the edge of the city, and out into the orange abyss of the horizon.

Huh ? Is GR out in US already ?

patsu

Not me. Locoroco>>>Patapon IMO. Don't get me wrong, patapon is awesome but the locoroco games were among the best experiences I had on the PSP.

Loco Roco were some of the worst experiences I had with a PSP. I'm not saying the game is bad, I just had a hard time enjoying it even though I loved most about it.

If you like LocoRoco.... I think Mutant Blobs is even better.

I like Patapon too, but I think it can be annoying to people around you ^_^ (Pa-ta, pa-ta, pa-ta, PON ! Pon-Pon-Pa-ta-PON ! ...)

Ponn

Banned

You realize you probably just sold a bunch more copies of this game to certain people that may enjoy doing this type of thing for the fun of it?

That is pretty crazy they bothered to put something like that in the game, it's a sign of a developer caring about the game and wanting to put that extra something into it.

Koroviev

You realize you probably just sold a bunch more copies of this game to certain people that may enjoy doing this type of thing for the fun of it?

That is pretty crazy they bothered to put something like that in the game, it's a sign of a developer caring about the game and wanting to put that extra something into it.

The wait for this game is killing me :(

wow. moving stuff around my sony devices really does show how crazy modern Sony is.

1. plug psp into ps3
2. took a min or so for me to realize where psp files were in the fairly bloated XMB on the ps3.
3. Took a min or 2 or 3 to find one specific save out of my 300ish saves and copied it.
4. plugged in vita to ps3. It told me I need ps3 to be online.
5. setup online on ps3 (lame that it can't store more than 1 wifi info).
6. plugged in vita again. Says it can't connect.
7. Tried again, then the thing popped up on the ps3.
8. Took me a sec to realize that in order to copy stuff on vita... I do it from vita not ps3.

Cudder

Hoooly shit. Why didn't anyone tell me that Gravity Rush was directed by Keiichiro Toyama???

I had always dismissed it as just a weird ass Japanese game I wasn't interested in, but after finding that little fact out, and looking at a few videos, I'm interested in this.

Now, to go back and read the Gravity Rush threads..

8. Took me a sec to realize that in order to copy stuff on vita... I do it from vita not ps3.
This is part of Sony's anti-piracy measures on the Vita - all content manipulation is done from/on the Vita itself. There also seems to be a lot of encryption going on with the Vita software during backups (it is SLOW)... PSP saves and whatnot remain as they were so far, so we can "manipulate" them on the PC...

Shinriji

That puts next into the 3DS price, yes? I hope this sways some of the fence-sitters.

In other news, I'm ready for the ambassador status!

sajj316

So... looks like they are just going to bundle their way out of a price cut.

Wifi/Uncharted/4gig mem card for 249 (EU first, US later)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/21/ps-vita-bundles/

Interesting. Maybe a bundle announcement at E3? A game plus the 4 GB memory card for $250 would seal the deal for me. This of course is assuming we get the E3 announcements we've been waiting for (PS One support, more games, some sort of product roadmap for the device).

I'm so freaking angry! The PSVita is damn fragile. Even that I handle it with extreme maniacal care, it is a magnet for dust and smudges. Now The silver color on the game card slot is beginning to fade away and guess what? I only opened once to insert my only physical game which is Uncharted.

Can find a car paint with the same color (shiny silver) and try to fix ugly depigmentation?

I am very disgusted to touch this blob again. What's next? We need to only use it in a room like the one where processors are made and wearing that weird outfit? Come on Sony!

gcubed

Interesting. Maybe a bundle announcement at E3? A game plus the 4 GB memory card for $250 would seal the deal for me. This of course is assuming we get the E3 announcements we've been waiting for (PS One support, more games, some sort of product roadmap for the device).

I honestly was hoping for a bit more, but its a start.

just you....ive been on all week just fine. Though im US and can only speak on this area

I'm midwest... My PS3 connects fine... I can't even go into the PSN option under Settings.

It just tries to connect to PSN and spins all day.

EDIT. Held power button down for 20 seconds to do a reset. It works now...

Eiolon

Was in Target the other day. Some guy was playing the PS Vita demo unit and an employee asked if he had any questions. The guy asked when the next price drop was going to be. The employee said within the next couple of months, and that Sony has been trying to persuade discounts through bundles rather than take it off the system price itself, but it's not been doing well with that strategy.

Of course. Anyone expecting Sony to pull a Nintendo was always setting themselves up for disappointment.

People have some ridiculously unrealistic expectations for Vita. I feel like there are people expecting this thing to be like $129.99 or something.

I know the console's not doing great at the moment, and that it needs to sell in order to secure more software, but people need to remember that hardware sales aren't necessarily a race. I mean, the Vita should theoretically last for at least five years -- it doesn't need to be "mainstream" from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom