• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we get previews or hands-on with the Silent Hill.

I know it's been a bit delayed but I don't recall reading anything about, or even watching a trailer. WayForward is on it iirc so I'd like to see what it is about (because it's surely not a traditional SH).

The other day I searched youtube and there were some videos from Gamescom. I thought it looked interesting, seems like the recent downloadable Tomb Raider maybe? I'm at work so I don't have any links but I'm sure its easy to find.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is Rayman Origins any good on the Vita?

Compared to the PS3 and 360 versions, the only drawbacks are the lack of local multiplayer and the occasional framedrops. Most of the time it's 60FPS like it's console brethren, but in a few of the more hectic moments, it can get pretty choppy. It's not frequent enough to be a serious issue, but the super smooth framerate is a big part of what makes it look so damn good.

It looks fantastic on the OLED, though, and I like that you can pop enemies by tapping the screen, rather than just jumping on them or punching them. I like "small" touch screen enhancements like that, they add to the traditional controls without getting in the way. And speaking of controls, it plays great with the Vita's excellent dpad. There are also a few new additions like hidden relics and Near gifts, but they don't really add anything worthwhile to the game.

If you don't care about playing it with friends, get it on Vita. It's one of, if not the best game in the current lineup.

gwarm01

Well I called customer service and the lady said there was no way for them to transfer software rights from one account to another. She put a claim in with the refund department in hopes of putting credit on my main account so I could redownload and access my Vita games from it. Has anyone ever had success with something like this? I'd hate to have to redownload and restart Super Stardust and FF Tactics just because I was on the wrong account when I downloaded them.

Jarmel

Banned
It's great!

its amazing.

Compared to the PS3 and 360 versions, the only drawbacks are the lack of local multiplayer and the occasional framedrops. Most of the time it's 60FPS like it's console brethren, but during the more hectic levels it gets choppy which can be kinda jarring. It's not frequent enough to be a serious issue, but the super smooth framerate is a big part of what makes it look so damn good.

It looks fantastic on the OLED, though, and I like that you can pop enemies by tapping the screen, rather than just jumping on them or punching them. I like "small" touch screen enhancements like that, they enhance the controls without getting in the way. And speaking of controls, it plays great with the Vita's excellent dpad.

If you don't care about playing it with friends, get it on Vita. It's one, if not the best game in the current lineup.

Thanks for all the responses. Already downloading.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Even for international customer?
How long does it take them to send it.
When I completed the order it mentions estimated delivery 30/03 till 04/04.

I don't know if it's any different but I live in the US, ordered an iTunes digital code earlier this week and arrived within a hour

Grinchy

Banned
I just went to get my oil changed. As I was sitting in the waiting room, I loaded up the Unit 13 demo again. I tried the infiltrator out and before I could even beat the mission, my car was ready haha. Damn I love killing time with this thing.

mingus

I just went to get my oil changed. As I was sitting in the waiting room, I loaded up the Unit 13 demo again. I tried the infiltrator out and before I could even beat the mission, my car was ready haha. Damn I love killing time with this thing.

For a moment I thought this post was going to be a rant on load times. Which are still fairly long for wipeout :(

I just dropped this thing from a decent height, picked up, worked fine and I dont see any scratches or dents, thing is a mini tank like OG 20 gig PS 3, also saw that if it falls flush on the screen the analogs kind of take the brunt of it protecting the screen.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I just dropped this thing from a decent height, picked up, worked fine and I dont see any scratches or dents, thing is a mini tank like OG 20 gig PS 3, also saw that if it falls flush on the screen the analogs kind of take the brunt of it protecting the screen.

Now try this:

RsrSO.gif

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I was getting serious about buying the Japanese versions of Shadow of Destiny and Hot Shots Tennis off JPSN, because I have no faith in them coming here, and DAMN they're completely overpriced. Like over $50 for these two games that should be $14.99. I really hate the price disconnect that some Japanese games seem to have from the rest of the world, not exactly even talking about the poor exchange rate issue.

Somnia

So I've decided to go pure digital, sold my retail games. If I buy the digital version will it use my same saves and the icon already on my system?

Raonak

Banned
finally got monies.

what to get first:
-Shinobido 2
-UmC3

leaning towards umvc3.....because i don't have it on any other platform, and it's the closest thing i have to a new DMC game. ;_;

xxczx

Audίoboxer;36295559 said:
God Eater vs Monster Hunter?

Never played a Monster Hunter game fyi.
Do you like stories with your games? If so, pick God Eater.

Look up some YouTube videos while you're at it, because while they are similar, they're both very different. (Only way I can describe it, lol)

Kafel

Banned
finally got monies.

what to get first:
-Shinobido 2
-UmC3

leaning towards umvc3.....because i don't have it on any other platform, and it's the closest thing i have to a new DMC game. ;_;

UMVC3

I've watched that Gamescom SH Vita video and it seems interesting in its genre ...

SRTtoZ

finally got monies.

what to get first:
-Shinobido 2
-UmC3

UMvC3 without a doubt.

I'm finally willing to buy a new game and I'm considering a fighter.

So should I go with BlazBlue or UmC3? Or should I just wait for MK?

Blazblue if you are playing for singleplayer, UMvC3 if you are playing for MP. My vote is for UMvC3 since I am a marvel nerd, plus the UMvC3 community is pretty big. MK9 looks great but who knows if its even a solid release date at this point.

vMaxx

Guys, regarding PS Vita's screen, does anyone know if its an OLED like the Galaxy SII screen (called Super Amoled Plus) or it uses the cheaper PenTile system which results in a lower overall sub-pixel density, reduced sharpness and worse color rendition?

patsu

Guys, regarding PS Vita's screen, does anyone know if its an OLED like the Galaxy SII screen (called Super Amoled Plus) or it uses the cheaper PenTile system which results in a lower overall sub-pixel density, reduced sharpness and worse color rendition?

It's SAMOLED+

Grinchy

Banned
I don't know why that thread about Target's B2G1 free sale is gone, but if that's really gonna happen, I'm buying 6 games, selling 4 and keeping 2 for almost free (after fees and shipping costs). Gonna have to add up sales tax and stuff though to see if it would be worth it.

kuroshiki

I don't know why that thread about Target's B2G1 free sale is gone, but if that's really gonna happen, I'm buying 6 games, selling 4 and keeping 2 for almost free (after fees and shipping costs). Gonna have to add up sales tax and stuff though to see if it would be worth it.

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom