• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I hope someone can help me. I just discovered that I accidentally setup my Vita under a different PSN account than my PS3.

The problem is that my current Vita account already has several games purchased on it, while my PS3 account has several PSP games that I just bought sitting there. If I decided to just use one account I'd have to buy about $50 worth of software.

Is there any way I can merge these two accounts, or possibly just have the software rights moved from one of them to another?

...isn't that what game sharing is for???

I hope someone can help me. I just discovered that I accidentally setup my Vita under a different PSN account than my PS3.

The problem is that my current Vita account already has several games purchased on it, while my PS3 account has several PSP games that I just bought sitting there. If I decided to just use one account I'd have to buy about $50 worth of software.

Is there any way I can merge these two accounts, or possibly just have the software rights moved from one of them to another?
You will probably have to ask Sony if they can do this for you, there isn't a way on the user end to transfer content like that. As long as it doesn't look like you're trying to pull off some game sharing scheme, they might be able to help you.

antispin

So, what's the verdict on Army Corps of Hell? I really want to play it - Pikmin + Metal sounds awesome but the general verdict seems to be that it gets very repetitive, very fast. Would appreciate feedback from someone who has bought it.

Also, what's the verdict on Lord of Arcana? I just bought MonHun but don't mind picking up another like it. Won't be doing any MP, mind...

frequency

So, what's the verdict on Army Corps of Hell? I really want to play it - Pikmin + Metal sounds awesome but the general verdict seems to be that it gets very repetitive, very fast. Would appreciate feedback from someone who has bought it.

Also, what's the verdict on Lord of Arcana? I just bought MonHun but don't mind picking up another like it. Won't be doing any MP, mind...

Lord of Arcana? The PSP one? It's bad. If you're looking for more MonHun style games, God Eater Burst is a good alternative. The Phantasy Star Portable games are good too.

Lord of Arcana is dull. The battles are boring and too easy (spikes at some bosses though), the setting is bland, the armour looks boring. It's just a very boring and soulless game that was trying to cash in on the MonHun popularity.
Gameplay wise, it's different from the others too. You actually go to a separate battle screen when you encounter enemies.

antispin

Lord of Arcana? The PSP one? It's bad. If you're looking for more MonHun style games, God Eater Burst is a good alternative. The Phantasy Star Portable games are good too.

Lord of Arcana is dull. The battles are boring and too easy (spikes at some bosses though), the setting is bland, the armour looks boring. It's just a very boring and soulless game that was trying to cash in on the MonHun popularity.
Gameplay wise, it's different from the others too. You actually go to a separate battle screen when you encounter enemies.

Thanks! Will give it a miss. Does God Eater Burst work via PS3 transfer? Doesn't seem to show on PSN

frequency

Thanks! Will give it a miss. Does God Eater Burst work via PS3 transfer? Doesn't seem to show on PSN

I have it on UMD so I can't say 100% sure, but other people in this thread have talked about playing it on their Vita.

You may also want to try looking for "Gods Eater Burst". They changed it by pluralizing "God" to "Gods" in the localized release for whatever reason.

EDIT: It's in the Compatibility list in the OP of this thread.

Danny-Boy

Damn it!!! I'm slowly caving....

Had a Vita on pre-order but resisted the temptation of buying because I was heavily scarred from purchasing a launch 3DS. Needless to say I sold it and vowed never to purchase a handheld ever again.

Well, my local game store had a Vita unit out and thought I'd give myself another test. I already convinced myself I don't need a Vita in my life. I started with the feel of the unit and the UI, it was slick and I was impressed. The 5 inch OLED screen is very impressive and quite simply the best solution for handheld gaming. Honestly I don't know how anyone can game on a tiny screen, it's off putting. Also glad Sony didn't go the 3D option, I hate 3D with a passion.

All going well and I notice the demo for Gravity Rush. I proceed to select the game and watch it slowly load up. The game starts and HOLY FUCK this game is the game that will make me purchase a Vita. I was hooked from start to finish. I had other people behind me wanting a go but I was in my own world. This game is genius.

Another thing, the dual sticks. The hardware is genius.

The Vita shall be mine in the coming weeks. Can't wait for Gravity Rush in a few months.

Flek

Banned
Ok new vita owner here and i have some questions:

1. Clouding, i think when the screen is 100% black i.e., uncharte i can see some clouding going on. Is this normal? (my tv has it too) or what is it?

2. i made the mistake and signed up for my german psn, of course the neither have the UNIT 13 Demo nor anything else interesting.

So how do i get PSN demos from other stores on this thing (i want gravity daze & unit 13 demo). Can i somehow load them over via the media menager? Die PS3? Or do i really need to format/swap accounts …? And if so - can i keep them if i swap back into my original account ?

3. Also i thought they have demos for all major releases including MvC3 :(

Grinchy

Banned
As many people may be aware, Amazon suddenly stopped selling digital PSN content one day. It hasn't been back and everything was removed from the site. However, I just noticed listings for Super Stardust and Hustle Kings. It says to sign up to be notified when they become available.

I wonder if this is a sign that PSN content, or at least digital Vita games, are coming soon to Amazon. I really hope this happens.

Neifirst

As many people may be aware, Amazon suddenly stopped selling digital PSN content one day. It hasn't been back and everything was removed from the site. However, I just noticed listings for Super Stardust and Hustle Kings. It says to sign up to be notified when they become available.

I wonder if this is a sign that PSN content, or at least digital Vita games, are coming soon to Amazon. I really hope this happens.

Great catch - I thought perhaps Sony had signed some sort of exclusivity agreement with Gamestop that prevented Amazon from selling PSN content. I've got Amazon credit coming out my ears, so I'd love to use it on some Vita and PSP games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is anyone selling an easy adaptor yet to un-fuck the Vita's charge port?I really wish it worked with my solar battery, which it should, were it not for their nonstandard plug. Really chaps my ass. I'm going somewhere shortly where the plugs are abnormal but there's plenty of sunshine.edit - I had luck with this mod - only need a USB extension cable, a knife and some electrical tape. no soldering required.

check out my link near the top of the page. Seems some have had success with a galaxy tab adapter which has the same issues with charging. DoubleTap has ordered one so we can wait for his findings before ordering

If it works I'll grab a newtrent charger from amazon. If not I'll hold off and see whether the Sony charger also works with phones & 3DS etc.

Nibel

My Vita is arriving any minute and I don't have any game for it yet.

Which PSN game that I can play on Vita is a must have? Which Vita game is a must have right now?

Fox1304

Which PSN game that I can play on Vita is a must have? Which Vita game is a must have right now?

On PSN I'd say Super Stardust Delta and Mutant Blobs.
And there's Motostorm RC Free on the US Store.

As for retail games, I've found Uncharted, Wipeout excellent games and a real tech showcase, and Hot Shots Golf really satisfying and fun.

Gustav

Banned
Ok new vita owner here and i have some questions:

1. Clouding, i think when the screen is 100% black i.e., uncharte i can see some clouding going on. Is this normal? (my tv has it too) or what is it?

2. i made the mistake and signed up for my german psn, of course the neither have the UNIT 13 Demo nor anything else interesting.

So how do i get PSN demos from other stores on this thing (i want gravity daze & unit 13 demo). Can i somehow load them over via the media menager? Die PS3? Or do i really need to format/swap accounts …? And if so - can i keep them if i swap back into my original account ?

3. Also i thought they have demos for all major releases including MvC3 :(

1. This is an artifact of OLED display technology. Every system has it. Should look like a greenish hue.

2. German PSN had the Unit 13 demo. Was pulled after it froze/crashed systems. This may also happened to other PSN stores.

3. You have to factory reset your Vita (do not format your memory card), reset the system with the JP/US/whatever account and download the content you want. All "full" content (not demos) will not be playable on any other account. So as long as you want to play the content you got from another store you have to keep the account on the Vita.

When you're on this account you cannot use content bought with your main account! You will have to switch back with a factory reset an re-login into your main.

Demos often do work on other accounts though. To use them on your main account you have to again factory reset your Vita (do not format the memory card) and log in to your main account. There is no guarantee though that the Demos will work. Some are account tied.

4. They don't have demos for all releases. As far as I know this was never announced.

Bradach

theres lots of demos on the store. i'd go nuts on them today if i were you.

Kafel

Banned

All games are on the PS Store. "Retail" and "PSN".

Try a lot of demos. Have fun.

tzare

anyone knows if splinter cell for psp works on vita? it was a mess without the second analog when i owned it on psp and might give it a second chance now if i could map controls

Epcott

Advice for those with new Vitas...

When you get the screen protector, take that extra screen protector your pack comes with, cut it appropriately, and put it on the back the back touchscreen as well. I noticed scratches on the back of mine... hurt my heart to see them.

Are PSP UMD saves compatible with their PSN equivalents? I'm specifically thinking of Persona 3 Portable.

If so, would I be able to use the swap trick to download the US PSN version (I have an EU Vita but my P3P was imported) and then copy over my save? Anyone done anything similar?

Fox1304

Gods eater burst is on the eu psvita store and i'm devouring it!

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Fry.jpg

Are PSP UMD saves compatible with their PSN equivalents? I'm specifically thinking of Persona 3 Portable.

If so, would I be able to use the swap trick to download the US PSN version (I have an EU Vita but my P3P was imported) and then copy over my save? Anyone done anything similar?

The only case I've had an actual problem with that was Puzzle Quest - because the PSN version was updated and the companion bug was fixed (I might have been dreaming - I'll dig out the PSN version later).

Nibel

Yes it arrived!

So, I wanted to download some demos. So I chose some and then switched to the downloads list. When I tap on the "Download" bubble, it says that it prepares for download but then nothing happens.. then I can click the bubble again.

3G/WiFi model, help please :)

Edit: Whoops, I'm stupid! Sorry!

Nibel

So, I can connect my Vita to my PC which is pretty cool. Can I download Vita demos through the PC and then put them on the Vita?

Cause that WiFi speed here ain't buzzin!

krae_man

Is anyone playing Plants Vs Zombies? I'm having trouble with the corn cob launchers. They only launch like 1/4 of the time I tell them too. I'm trying to get the 40 waves trophy and you can't deal with the red eyed gargantuars without corn cob launchers. I managed to get through 24 flags without it being an issue but got destroyed at flags 25 and 26 because the damn things wouldn't launch.

Will Vasebreaker endless count for the trophy? I can probably manage 40 rounds of that since I'm having no trouble with squashes.

UberTag

Is anyone playing Plants Vs Zombies? I'm having trouble with the corn cob launchers. They only launch like 1/4 of the time I tell them too. I'm trying to get the 40 waves trophy and you can't deal with the red eyed gargantuars without corn cob launchers. I managed to get through 24 flags without it being an issue but got destroyed at flags 25 and 26 because the damn things wouldn't launch.

Will Vasebreaker endless count for the trophy? I can probably manage 40 rounds of that since I'm having no trouble with squashes.
Don't believe Vasebreaker will count for the trophy.

I had issues triggering the Cob Launchers as well - mainly due to slowdown incurred from huge spams of "speedy zombies" like football players and pogo zombies. Eventually I was able to work out a system where they would be responsive enough to persevere and nab that trophy.

Then I had to mindlessly spin a Slot Machine for a week to get my Platinum. :(

krae_man

I've been doing that every bus ride to work for two weeks and still no trophy. I hardly ever even get triples.

Maybe I'll try All Watermelon plants and An Army of Catoninetales in the middle(and the multi directional shrumes up front).

Actually, I should probably move where my twinflowers and ice melons are. My setup had spikes in the back, and 6 twin flowers and two umbrella leafs in the next two rows. I should probably put my Ice melons as far back as possible so the little guys that get thrown beyond my melon launchers.

So, what's the verdict on Army Corps of Hell? I really want to play it - Pikmin + Metal sounds awesome but the general verdict seems to be that it gets very repetitive, very fast. Would appreciate feedback from someone who has bought it...
I bought it and have played it for maybe five hours to date... It's a laugh, really, and I'm having fun with it, but I agree that it suffers from "same-i-ness" going from level to level... Still, the little gremlins are cool (too few types tho') and the music's good, and I like the art direction, though the graphics are first-gen/launch calibre for sure... Still, I like having games like this that I can fire up for a couple quick rounds now and again, then put aside and come back to later; this and Ridge Racer really fill that need for my at the moment...

I do not for a minute regret buying it, but I got pretty much what I was expecting... I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anyone at $40, but I don't think it's nearly as bad a deal as Steel Diver was on the 3DS launch, and it had a lot of defenders at the time...

tl;dr - if you think you'll enjoy this type of game and are willing to overlook the repetive level design and just okay graphics, Army Corps of Hell has its moments. It's good for a quick play, is something you can go back to quite easily, and has a great soundtrack.... imho

So, I can connect my Vita to my PC which is pretty cool. Can I download Vita demos through the PC and then put them on the Vita?

Cause that WiFi speed here ain't buzzin!
No, you can not. You can only do this via PS3. The only content you can put on your Vita from your PC is content you backed up to your PC from your Vita in the first place.

antispin

I bought it and have played it for maybe five hours to date... It's a laugh, really, and I'm having fun with it, but I agree that it suffers from "same-i-ness" going from level to level... Still, the little gremlins are cool (too few types tho') and the music's good, and I like the art direction, though the graphics are first-gen/launch calibre for sure... Still, I like having games like this that I can fire up for a couple quick rounds now and again, then put aside and come back to later; this and Ridge Racer really fill that need for my at the moment...

I do not for a minute regret buying it, but I got pretty much what I was expecting... I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anyone at $40, but I don't think it's nearly as bad a deal as Steel Diver was on the 3DS launch, and it had a lot of defenders at the time...

tl;dr - if you think you'll enjoy this type of game and are willing to overlook the repetive level design and just okay graphics, Army Corps of Hell has its moments. It's good for a quick play, is something you can go back to quite easily, and has a great soundtrack.... imho

No, you can not. You can only do this via PS3. The only content you can put on your Vita from your PC is content you backed up to your PC from your Vita in the first place.
Thanks! Steel Diver was such a waste of money... Think I might pick this up though

see5harp

well i factory reset my system and restored and near still ain't workin :(

Yea Near is not working for me at all. I almost wish they had put the Near functionality into games as more of a mandate for specific social features because it has now locked features out of games for me. I will have beaten Uncharted and returned it to Gamefly by the time they get it fixed (hopefully soon).

Kafel

Banned
Did we get previews or hands-on with the Silent Hill.

I know it's been a bit delayed but I don't recall reading anything about, or even watching a trailer. WayForward is on it iirc so I'd like to see what it is about (because it's surely not a traditional SH).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom