• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiot

Ahhh... I really want Modnation Racers because i adored it on PS3... But without multiplayer i won't buy it over 20€...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I would like to hear if this holds up over time.
I thought Lord of Arcana on the PSP was pretty good at the beginning too. But it got stale pretty fast.
It was my Vita launch game and I put 40 hours into it. Don't regret it, since it was great fun and started my interest in other MH-like games.
Still didn't finish it though, some of the last quests are annoyingly hard and you need to have all weapons mastered to be able to play all of them.

kfpkiller

5 years after selling my psp I went to the EU psn to get some psp games I missed for my vita.

First the god of war games, 19.99€ and 24.99€ o_O, wtf I can get both games on retail for 10€.
Then megaman maverick hunter x, not up on EU psn...
Well maybe Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins, I heard it's great, not up on EU psn...
smh...
Sony really needs to step up their digital catalog in both price and content, right now it's a joke.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Just saw final fantasy tactics at $6.99. So incredibly tempted, but do I need a forth copy of this game? (ps1, umd, and ios)

Also, I'm curious about the metal slug series. Any one on the store more worth it? Thinking of buying the first one for the low price ($6.99). Never played the series but am a Contra fan.

The metal slug games are awesome on Vita. Save anywhere and graphics look fantastic on the screen.

Spwn

5 years after selling my psp I went to the EU psn to get some psp games I missed for my vita.

First the god of war games, 19.99€ and 24.99€ o_O, wtf I can get both games on retail for 10€.
Then megaman maverick hunter x, not up on EU psn...
Well maybe Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins, I heard it's great, not up on EU psn...
smh...
Sony really needs to step up their digital catalog in both price and content, right now it's a joke.

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is there for 9,95€. Check from the PSP Essentials category.

raiot

I can confirm that Maverick hunter x is up! But i also want metal slug anthology, mega man powered up and ghost n goblins on the european psn store... Why sony, why!?? :(

Number45

I'd love to play GnG as well. Maybe I'll start pestering the store updates on the blog - is it available on other region stores?

Cornbread78

Just saw final fantasy tactics at $6.99. So incredibly tempted, but do I need a forth copy of this game? (ps1, umd, and ios).

Worst part is I just bought it last week for 9.99, and now it's half that almost.... Damn.

Still haveing fun with Dungeon Hunter, Motorstorm RC and I just downloaded Super Stardust, which I actually like better on my VITA than my PSN.. I can;t wait for Disgaea III to get released. Does anyone know if it will be a direct remake with better graphics than those shown on the PS3 version?

So, on my AU Vita but using my JP account, i tried to get the free 1000Y promo.
Finally got an email today, but it seems they can tell that the machine isn't Japanese, and therefore wont be giving me free funds :(

kfpkiller

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is there for 9,95€. Check from the PSP Essentials category.
Great! I must have missed it.

And I just saw UG&G is up on the US store.
Anyone know if you can play psp games bought on ps3 with a US account on a vita with a EU account?

AwRy108

Quick deal heads-up:

Use coupon code "LUCKY" on any in-stock Vita game @ GameStop.com for an extra 10% off. Also, use in-store pick-up to avoid S&H costs.

ilbambino

Just got my vita, it sucks that the store for my country isn't available, thank god for best buy's psn codes via email. So, I switched to my US account using the method in the OP, why can't I get trophies? Also, can somebody link me to the RPGs for vita list?

Anyone have any experience with the Badman/Holy Invasion of Privacy games on Vita? How do they look, given their pixel-ey presentation?

Pixel art looks fantastic on the Vita without the filtering, and the Badman games look better than they ever have.

I just got Final Fantasy IV CC and wow is it stunning. Damn them for just letting FF1-2 rot.

Pixel art looks fantastic on the Vita without the filtering, and the Badman games look better than they ever have.

I just got Final Fantasy IV CC and wow is it stunning. Damn them for just letting FF1-2 rot.

Good man. GOOD MAN. Badman 2 shall be my bedtime reading. Thanks for the heads-up.

frequency

It was my Vita launch game and I put 40 hours into it. Don't regret it, since it was great fun and started my interest in other MH-like games.
Still didn't finish it though, some of the last quests are annoyingly hard and you need to have all weapons mastered to be able to play all of them.

Thanks for the impressions.

I'm already an MH fan, so I wonder if I'll get enough out of it. 40 hours to dropping is pretty short for these types of games.
But I'm really looking for stuff to play on my Vita. I might just take a gamble on it. It's either that or Tales of Innocence R, but I really disliked the DS version.

Anyone have any experience with the Badman/Holy Invasion of Privacy games on Vita? How do they look, given their pixel-ey presentation?

I have no heroes allowed and the first one on my vita and gotta say it's nice.

I also got Eye of Judgment on it and it's still a bit blurred.

Still wish I could play Metal Gear Ac!d 2

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Did anyone get Sumioni? I haven't seen many reviews.

I did. Entertaining to a certain degree, but takes a little time to get into. The combat is very basic. Visuals are pretty nice. I found it to be a little frustrating at first trying to get the controls down.

I paid the Vita tax to support the system, but I would have preferred $15 or less. There are better values for Vita on PSN, but Sumioni is still a nice addition.

Raoh

Odd bluetooth issue lately.

I use my Motorola SD10-HD for my iPhone and Vita :
S10-HD_img01.png

At first everything was great, audio quality of movies/music/games was great.

Now, after a few minutes after it connects, it sounds great at first but then the audio has an echo feel to it. Everything sounds like I am in a cave.

Happens when I'm just listening to music and when I am playing Unit 13 with my person music playing in the background.

Anyone experiencing anything like this with audio? Bluetooth or wired?

I also use the Jaybird Freedom as a back up, going to test these this week back and forth to see if the same thing happens.
Jaybird-Freedom-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-544x328px.jpg

Was planning to wait for a couple of other games to come out or for a price drop but someone in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread was selling a brand new Vita+Uncharted+Modnation for $245. Couldn't resist.

I see the 8 GB memory card on Lockerz for $24. Is that the lowest I can hope to find it for?

Also, any good PSP/PSV platformers I might have missed that I should look into on the PSN store? (I am planning to get Mutant Blobs Attack/Rayman Originis).

Nightz

Was planning to wait for a couple of other games to come out or for a price drop but someone in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread was selling a brand new Vita+Uncharted+Modnation for $245. Couldn't resist.

I see the 8 GB memory card on Lockerz for $24. Is that the lowest I can hope to find it for?

Also, any good PSP/PSV platformers I might have missed that I should look into on the PSN store? (I am planning to get Mutant Blobs Attack/Rayman Originis).

Someone in the b/s/t thread was selling an 8 GB card for $20.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Okay, just got a Wi Fi Vita yesterday. So... how do I play my save file of Tactics Ogre on it?

Psy-Phi

Okay, just got a Wi Fi Vita yesterday. So... how do I play my save file of Tactics Ogre on it?

Install the game on your Vita.

Download the Content Manager from Sony.

Create a quick game save of Tactics Ogre on the Vita. Copy your save from memory stick (PSP) to your PC. Then use Content Manager to copy the save from the Vita to your PC. THEN copy the PSP save into the folder Content Manager creates (should have the same folder name). I think Content Manager saves to "My Documents" but it may have been AppData in your User folder. Not in front of my computer now, and can't recall, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Finally, using Content Manager again, copy the now modified/backed up from PSP save from the PC to the Vita.

It's simple really.

Wazzim

Banned
Install the game on your Vita.

Download the Content Manager from Sony.

Create a quick game save of Tactics Ogre on the Vita. Copy your save from memory stick (PSP) to your PC. Then use Content Manager to copy the save from the Vita to your PC. THEN copy the PSP save into the folder Content Manager creates (should have the same folder name). I think Content Manager saves to "My Documents" but it may have been AppData in your User folder. Not in front of my computer now, and can't recall, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Finally, using Content Manager again, copy the now modified/backed up from PSP save from the PC to the Vita.

It's simple really.

You can also just use your PS3 if you have one.

Oppo

Is anyone selling an easy adaptor yet to un-fuck the Vita's charge port?

I really wish it worked with my solar battery, which it should, were it not for their nonstandard plug. Really chaps my ass. I'm going somewhere shortly where the plugs are abnormal but there's plenty of sunshine.

edit - I had luck with this mod - only need a USB extension cable, a knife and some electrical tape. no soldering required.

punkypine

so i bought a used vita online and the guy sent me what appears to be a kiosk unit.... did i just get screwed? the guy had 3000 ratings at 98% ugh

punkypine

how do you know its a kiosk unit? and yup he is right though, its used

it has kiosk demos on it... and he said "perfect" condition, but the clip is broken (from being ripped off a kiosk?), said its the Wifi version but its def not. It was through amazon, so it was listed under a certain product, not ebay

Grinchy

Banned
it has kiosk demos on it... and he said "perfect" condition, but the clip is broken (from being ripped off a kiosk?), said its the Wifi version but its def not. It was through amazon, so it was listed under a certain product, not ebay

If it's really the 3G version and he listed it as a Wifi version, then you can return it because he listed the incorrect item. Contact the seller, and contact amazon.

I'm going through a similar headache with a textbook I just bought. They sold me an old edition that's worth $0.01 plus shipping on the page with the new edition, which costs $50 used. I'm pissed, but they won't get away with it. Make sure your seller doesn't get away with it either.

frequency

If you're unhappy with it, doesn't Amazon deal with that for you? So you don't even have to deal with the seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom