• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Install the game on your Vita.

Download the Content Manager from Sony.

Create a quick game save of Tactics Ogre on the Vita. Copy your save from memory stick (PSP) to your PC. Then use Content Manager to copy the save from the Vita to your PC. THEN copy the PSP save into the folder Content Manager creates (should have the same folder name). I think Content Manager saves to "My Documents" but it may have been AppData in your User folder. Not in front of my computer now, and can't recall, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Finally, using Content Manager again, copy the now modified/backed up from PSP save from the PC to the Vita.

It's simple really.

Thanks! How do you even create game saves on the Vita? Do I put my PSP memory card in? I haven't played with the wires yet, do you just connect the two? Or is it easier to do thru the PS3?

test_account

XP-39C²
Thanks! How do you even create game saves on the Vita? Do I put my PSP memory card in? I haven't played with the wires yet, do you just connect the two? Or is it easier to do thru the PS3?
You install the game on the Vita, start the game and select "new game" (or something like that), so that a new save game will be made.

Well on ps3 there's freedom, freedom 2 and unite. I guess unite is the last one.
Too bad there's no portable 3rd...

I've only played Unite but from what I've heard Freedom and Freedom 2 are not worth it if you have Unite. Unite has all the content from the freedom games + a lot more.

punkypine

Is the OS limited? The Best Buy kiosk i tried doesnt let you fully use the OS. Like i dont think you can even open the Videos app

seems limited... i can open the videos app but i cant restore it the way its been described online, nowhere to log in or access settings or anything.

guy offered a refund, lets see whathappens

Bree

Is there a reason why no one is playing/talking about Lord of Apocalypse? I played the demo and didn't really see anything wrong with it. It seems like an average experience no better or no worse than Ragnarok Odyssey.

Also, can someone link to to the japanese vita games thread? I can't seem to find it. xD

Hex

Banned
Got mine today, god damn you just do not realize how small the cards are until you are holding them.
I just wish this house was not a slave to WEP due to DS games , it really makes set up tedious.

frequency

Is there a reason why no one is playing/talking about Lord of Apocalypse? I played the demo and didn't really see anything wrong with it. It seems like an average experience no better or no worse than Ragnarok Odyssey.

I was burned by Lord of Arcana and have been waiting for more impressions. Even on the Japan side of things, it's been pretty quiet.

I've been watching the mk2 page but not enough there for me to decide yet.
http://www.psvita-mk2.net/title.php?title=107

I bought RO blind because... well... RO. I haven't opened it yet though.

So, wait a minute: if I don't have a PlayStation 3, I can't play the PSP games on my PlayStation Vita?

You can still download via Vita as well. But the selection isn't as big as the PS3 Store PSP games. However more PSP titles are added to the Vita store all the time.

DoubleTap

Got mine today, god damn you just do not realize how small the cards are until you are holding them.
I just wish this house was not a slave to WEP due to DS games , it really makes set up tedious.

Possibly to keep the concept of flash cards away from the Vita. They've covered their bases so far.

Also, can someone link to to the japanese vita games thread? I can't seem to find it. xD

Ok, Lord of Apocalypse is awesome. Really liking that game right now.

There has been. Also, top right of the page is a search box. Google works too. Found it in one go.

whitehawk

Banned
it has kiosk demos on it... and he said "perfect" condition, but the clip is broken (from being ripped off a kiosk?), said its the Wifi version but its def not. It was through amazon, so it was listed under a certain product, not ebay
On the bright side, you can play the Gravity Rush demo.

JWong

Banned

Just by playing the demo, I liked Ragnarok Odyssey more.

The gameplay contains more action, the boss fights are more fun, and the texture work and artstyle is a lot better.

Gamespawn

Time to buy Modnation on Amazon...

You have to be wired on your PS3 and have the same region version of adbocparty with your group(jpn, usa, etc)

Varna

Couple quick questions...

Is the frame-rate in MVC3 vita better or worse then the PS3 version? Most reviews say "solid 60 FPS," but I'm sure they said the same thing about the PS3 version and I just found it quiet terrible.

Ken

Couple quick questions...

Is the frame-rate in MVC3 vita better or worse then the PS3 version? Most reviews say "solid 60 FPS," but I'm sure they said the same thing about the PS3 version and I just found it quiet terrible.

The frame-rate is fine for me.

Verelios

hahahaha that's the first thing I thought

I still haven't gotten to try it yet and there's no way I'm messing with multiple accounts. Too messy.

Dude, I..no, but. Yeah, I would recommend you do it. It's like 10 minutes, but those ten minutes showed me the future of the Vita. And let me tell you friend- it was glorious. Gravity Rush, god damn.

Anyone else already put in pre-orders for Disgaea 3? This will be the third vita game I'll be getting retail aside from VT4 and BlazBlue.

Will not be getting ridgggggggggggeeeeeeeraaaaaaaaaaaaaceeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
I wish I could still be hooked up directly on my PS3, but it's not an option here. No ad-hoc party for me :(

I was really looking forward to playing some Monster Hunter with gaffers too. Adhoc is the worst. Peace Walker really should have been infrastructure at least

gwarm01

I hope someone can help me. I just discovered that I accidentally setup my Vita under a different PSN account than my PS3.

The problem is that my current Vita account already has several games purchased on it, while my PS3 account has several PSP games that I just bought sitting there. If I decided to just use one account I'd have to buy about $50 worth of software.

Is there any way I can merge these two accounts, or possibly just have the software rights moved from one of them to another?

whitehawk

Banned
Can anyone with a hacked PS3 test out Skate/Skate2/Skate 3 with remote play? I'm so desperate for Skate on my Vita that I'm tempted to hack my PS3.

Can anyone with a hacked PS3 test out Skate/Skate2/Skate 3 with remote play? I'm so desperate for Skate on my Vita that I'm tempted to hack my PS3.

You can actually stand playing games with remote play?

Is Tony Hawk's Project 8 availible as a DD title? It looks pretty good.

I know Skate is better, I was just curious for myself. I guess I will be on the lookout for Underground 2 if it ever goes DD, but I'd be up for pretty much any decent skating game on the Vita.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never could get remote play working. Always get 'An Error has occured'

Which is weird because I never had a problem with the PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom