• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you thought RE: Portable actually existed

1234295418_hermione%20kiss.gif

It existed. I think that is named RE Mercenaries, right now.

Takao

Banned
I never would have seen this had I not just randomly clicked this thread.
Why is so much news being posted in here exclusively?

If there is an already existing thread I usually post it in both this thread, and the other. For something like that I didn't feel the need to create a new thread since I didn't understand what was being said in the interview, and thus couldn't offer much in the way of conversation starters.

Carl

Hello! :)

My account has just been activated, so whilst I'm a new member I've been lurking for some time reading the thread regularly - it's quite clear that VitaGAF is best GAF so I'm looking forward to being able to contribute.

I'm a UK Vita owner having picked up my console on launch day, really love being able to buy games digitally and have them all ready to play without having to carry multiple cards around with me (I lost a few of my PSP Pro-Duos so don't stand a chance carrying loose Vita cards). The downside of this is that I've maxed out my 32GB card, waiting patiently (or should that be desperately) for a 64GB....

What I've picked up so far...

*LIST*

I think that's all, sorry for the long post but an introduction post seemed like the right thing to do after seeing a number of other junior members do the same thing.

Welcome to GAF!

Also, if you like 2D scrolling shooters with a bit of a difference, check out Velocity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mTiirkFL3M

Eusis

Maybe's it's as much RE Mercenaries or Racoon City as the many versions of RE4 before the final game came out, that RE Portable was a proto type that ultimately was scrapped in favor of a full console game.

Carl

Thanks :) Sorry I forgot to mention the minis I have too - one of them is Velocity although I must confess I haven't tried it yet...

Nice one! Definitely should give it a play when you have 5 mins to spare. Beware though, you'll end up playing for hours :p

spannicus

The Sine Mora Devs told me that the game was ready to be released onto the Vita, but they were just waiting for a date from Sony. I reckon we will wait longer considering they may want to release it along with the PS3 version. I really think Sony is holding out on us.

jonno394

My Vita has been collecting dust for a few weeks now, I really wish I liked Gravity Rush as much as I had hoped, but it just didn't click with me.

I need Retro City Rampage and Jet Set Radio pretty soonish.

Jawmuncher

Maybe's it's as much RE Mercenaries or Racoon City as the many versions of RE4 before the final game came out, that RE Portable was a proto type that ultimately was scrapped in favor of a full console game.

Makes sense, consideirng the original reveal did infact show regular zombies and what looked like Raccoon City.

Still bugs me though that they have never commented on it, and if you try to ask capcom they say they aren't allowed to talk about it.

barrico

Banned
this thread makes my life difficult, I want the vita so bad but for PSP games that I am still playing on my PSP, that is why I am delaying the purchase.

I am waiting for some announcments on TGS then I will decide but right now I am almost by 90 % sure I will buy it during December.

spannicus

this thread makes my life difficult, I want the vita so bad but for PSP games that I am still playing on my PSP, that is why I am delaying the purchase.

I am waiting for some announcments on TGS then I will decide but right now I am almost by 90 % sure I will buy it during December.

December is a good choice considering all of the games coming out in October and November. You might be able to get those games at a lower price and then you can import Soul Sacrifice like I am going to do. lol

Look at some videos on YouTube of the vita and psp side by side playing the same game. You'll poop your pants as you run to the store to buy one.

I love many vita games... but this thing is actually worth the price of admission just for upscaling of psp games. It's incredible.

spannicus

You can get a Vita cheap already if you want to.

Yeah I know. unfortunately i was amazed by the hype and had a pocket full of cash and went balls deep during launch. Where in the world is KillZone Vita? I'm going nuts over Vita news its like i'm addicted to this thing.

Just read on IGN that Randy Pitchford said at Rezzed that he would love to see Borderlands 2 on the Vita using the cloud for character files between versions. Would love to see that happen, it sounds like Pitchford isn't willing to dedicate Gearbox's resources to it, though.

spannicus

My Vita has been collecting dust for a few weeks now, I really wish I liked Gravity Rush as much as I had hoped, but it just didn't click with me.

I need Retro City Rampage and Jet Set Radio pretty soonish.

I know how you feel, hopefully soon you will have many to choose from. I imported Dokuro. It is a fun game.

daevv

Got a Vita yesterday and it's sweet! I'm having trouble getting Near to work though. It says I'm located halfway across the county from where I actually am.

Letep

Random question.

My PSN account is for the US store. If I'm in Europe, will I be able to access the US PSN store with ease?

Letep

You can, but I think you need to deactivate your EU account.

Oh, I should have explained better.

I'm going to be in EU for vacation in a couple of weeks, I live in the US and have a US account. I was wondering if the PSN store defaulted to whichever region you were accessing it from via WiFi.

Just in case Jet Set Radio or Retro City come out while I"m away.

No, you're fine to go. You don't need to do any changes and you will be able to access to US PSN store from Europe without any problems whatsoever.

Oh, I should have explained better.

I'm going to be in EU for vacation in a couple of weeks, I live in the US and have a US account. I was wondering if the PSN store defaulted to whichever region you were accessing it from via WiFi.

Just in case Jet Set Radio or Retro City come out while I"m away.

You won't have a problem at all.

oldmario

Picked up a Vita last week and while I did get Gravity Rush, I also
loaded it with a few PSP RPGs I want to replay/finish.

For some reason my copy of Persona has a digital manual but none of the other PSP games appear to have one on their live screen. I guess it's possible I did something differently with Persona at some point without realizing, but otherwise is there a reason some games appear to have digital manuals and others don't?

It's been useful so far for some status effects that aren't as common across other RPGs, even other SMTs. Would be nice to have for the others too.

Was it by any chance Persona 2?
On the EU PSN the Persona 2 has a manual, well it has a message saying that the manual is available online

Wifi

After a search It looks like I have to enter my MAC addy on a site called Skyhook?

Yep. I was gonna tell you that. =P

Go to their website, put in your address and the WIFI MAC of your router (they'll tell you where to find it). That'll pinpoint your location.

Shinriji

PSP games with digital manual

- SFA3 Max
- Megaman: Maverick Hunter X
- Ultimate GnG
- Strikers 1945 Plus
- Powerstone Collection
- Killzone Liberation

PSP games without digital manual

- Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
- Darkstalkers: The Chaos Tower

GhaleonQ

I know how you feel, hopefully soon you will have many to choose from. I imported Dokuro. It is a fun game.

Here's the Dokuro/Skull discussion!

I have to say, as someone who's watched the Irems of the world shrivel and die from blockbusters crowding out, I adore how Game Arts has reinvented themselves. Even the mobile games I have no desire to play are rather innovative.

Anyway, per usual, they utilized symbol mechanics, bolstered them with touching story elements, nailed the aesthetics, and made an utterly satisfying game. Amazing.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Here's the Dokuro/Skull discussion!

I have to say, as someone who's watched the Irems of the world shrivel and die from blockbusters crowding out, I adore how Game Arts has reinvented themselves. Even the mobile games I have no desire to play are rather innovative.

Anyway, per usual, they utilized symbol mechanics, bolstered them with touching story elements, nailed the aesthetics, and made an utterly satisfying game. Amazing.

Ah you have it?
I hope my copy arrives this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom