• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! :)

My account has just been activated, so whilst I'm a new member I've been lurking for some time reading the thread regularly - it's quite clear that VitaGAF is best GAF so I'm looking forward to being able to contribute.

I'm a UK Vita owner having picked up my console on launch day, really love being able to buy games digitally and have them all ready to play without having to carry multiple cards around with me (I lost a few of my PSP Pro-Duos so don't stand a chance carrying loose Vita cards). The downside of this is that I've maxed out my 32GB card, waiting patiently (or should that be desperately) for a 64GB....

What I've picked up so far...

*listing*

Also have Final Fantasy V,VI,VII,VIII and IX waiting ready for the 1.8 update, though I'll need to make space or buy a new memory card I guess. :(

I think that's all, sorry for the long post but an introduction post seemed like the right thing to do after seeing a number of other junior members do the same thing.
peter-molyneux-awkward.gif

Welcome! First thing, go buy Gravity Rush! :D

PSP games with digital manual

- SFA3 Max
- Megaman: Maverick Hunter X
- Ultimate GnG
- Strikers 1945 Plus
- Powerstone Collection
- Killzone Liberation
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
- Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
- Fate/unlimited codes
- Persona 3 Portable

PSP games without digital manual

- Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
- Darkstalkers: The Chaos Tower
- Dissidia Final Fantasy 012 [duodecim]
Decided to add some for the game I have.

Copenap

Decided to add some for the game I have.

Alright let's do this ;)

- SFA3 Max
- Ultimate GnG
- Strikers 1945 Plus
- Powerstone Collection
- Killzone Liberation
- Fate/unlimited codes
- Persona 3 Portable
- Patapon
- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
- God of War: Chains of Olympus

- Corpse Party
- Ys Seven
- Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
- Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions
- The 3rd Birthday

Ein Bear

Damn, you guys weren't kidding when you said Final Fantasy IV looks good on the Vita screen, this looks amazing!

Quick question though, is there any point in doing the data install? It wont help with the load times, but I know that some games arbitrarily turns features on and off depending on if you've done it.

patsu

For me it was only a day.

It was an hour for me. Probably depends how often they refresh their servers or something.

I checked their website...

http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/submit_ap.php

Note: User submitted data is processed immediately by Skyhook. For most devices, this will mean you should immediately see the difference in your location. If you are moving an existing access point in our system, it may take up to 7 days for the new location to take effect on the device. Depending on the update frequency of our partners, data entered here can take up to 7 days to be included in their results. One interim option is to download Loki, our location-based toolbar.

EDIT: I posted in the other thread that PS Mobile v0.99 will be out soon, according to the official PS Mobile twitter account. v0.99 is still a beta release. The final version is targeted for later part of 2012.

Mercutio

My little brother is playing MGS 3 right now, his first MGS :)

Oh man. What if someone actually played MGS as a series for the first time in Chronological order? Would it be like Memento, and still hang together but be slightly more boring, or would it just fall apart?

There mind would break going from 3 to 1.

Indeed. I would never advise someone to start with Snake Eater, as going back to the control scheme in MGS would be absolutely horrible. Not to mention, while Snake Eater technically came first, I think it would mean a lot more to see the regression of certain characters over the time period.

Indeed. I would never advise someone to start with Snake Eater, as going back to the control scheme in MGS would be absolutely horrible. Not to mention, while Snake Eater technically came first, I think it would mean a lot more to see the regression of certain characters over the time period.

Then he should play the Twin Snakes.

Ein Bear

Then he should play the Twin Snakes.

I really, really wish they'd included Twin Snakes in the Collection. I know it's a bit divisive amongst the fanbase, but it would have still been awesome to have it.

I think Twin Snakes is superior to the original PS1 version.

Takao

Banned
I really, really wish they'd included Twin Snakes in the Collection. I know it's a bit divisive amongst the fanbase, but it would have still been awesome to have it.

Konami doesn't recognize the existence of MG games not made by Kojima.

It breaks the gameplay here and there, especially with Revolver Ocelot, but I enjoyed it nontheless.

Hey, are those $6 neogeo games cross platform or is it just for one platform per purchase? $6 isn't bad for a copy of Samsho but im not gonna bite at $6 for just one platform

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, none of the PSMini SNK games offer any form of multiplayer, eh? :-/ Bleh.

Question for any who have tried it: since you can have you PS games on up to 2 consoles, if one buys a PSP game on Vita, can you use content manager to transfer it to a PSP through PC, and then play 2 player off that same purchase, between the Vita and PSP?

I'm guessing there's no good sidescroll beat-em-ups released under minis, with the most close thing being Twin Blades, I guess? (Which I already have as an XBLIG)

Freedom, Neo Geo Station games need to be bought per platform, no "B1GB" there. They support cross play. As opposed to the Minis, which DO seem to be "B1GB", but don't offer multiplayer at all, from what I understand. (Even if the games were originally designed for it.)

I just checked on my vita and ps3 store and the prices for p2 and p3p are normal... 30 and 20 respectively... did you try clicking?

P2 is still $14.99 and P3P is $10 after clicking on Vita. For good measure, I checked Kenka Bancho and that's still $7.49, too. I'm in the US, if it helps?

I just checked on both my PSP and Vita, and yeah, they're back to regular price. Uh oh :\
You too?!

oldmario

I'm thinking about posting in the B/S/T thread with my psp games because i want to switch them to digital so i can play on vita but i want to spend as little money converting them.
What would be suitible prices to list these games as, currency would be £ due to me living in the uk and P+P would probably add £2-3 on top

PSP games in great condition:
  • Archer Maclean's Mercury
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy
  • Gran Turismo CE (Codes used)
  • Jak & Daxter : The Lost Frontier
  • Locoroco
  • Resistance Retribution
  • Syphon Filter: Logans Shadow

PSP game with slightly opened UMD cases (will probably have to sell slightly cheaper than the games above)
  • Daxter
  • Me & My Katamari

Takao

Banned
Konami doesn't recognize the existence of MG games not made by Kojima.

I'm quoting myself but seriously this is true. There has never been a recent re-release of Snake's Revenge (understandable), Ghost Babel, Twin Snakes, the two Ac!d games, and Portable Ops. Rising gonna be d00med.

StuBurns

Banned
While it's true, only Kojima's seven Metal Gears really count, I do think Rising could be the exception to the rule. He takes too long to crank out his mainline games, and if Rising does well, it'll get sequels, probably be it's own parallel series ultimately.

mauaus

I'm in a Us account, and for some reason i can't access any new content on the ps3 store either. I click on rainbow moon and get done error code

cjkeats

I loved the twin snakes. Wasn't the PsOne classic supposed to be included with the PS3 version of HD? Or was that a Japan thing? That would have been fine.

So, none of the PSMini SNK games offer any form of multiplayer, eh? :-/ Bleh.

Question for any who have tried it: since you can have you PS games on up to 2 consoles, if one buys a PSP game on Vita, can you use content manager to transfer it to a PSP through PC, and then play 2 player off that same purchase, between the Vita and PSP?

I'm guessing there's no good sidescroll beat-em-ups released under minis, with the most close thing being Twin Blades, I guess? (Which I already have as an XBLIG)

Freedom, Neo Geo Station games need to be bought per platform, no "B1GB" there. They support cross play. As opposed to the Minis, which DO seem to be "B1GB", but don't offer multiplayer at all, from what I understand. (Even if the games were originally designed for it.)

Jeez, that's not confusing at all, haha. Thanks for the info!

I can't believe I actually hesitated to buy dissidia duodecim FF... Goddamn, I'm addicted to that game! So good and it looks/plays amazing on the Vita.

KAL2006

Banned
Really enjoying my Vita right now. Playing Virtua Tennis 4 and UMvC3. I bought too many games at once. I haven't even touched Mutant Blobs, Super Stardust, Unit 13, Hotshots Golf or BlazBlue (and the PSP games Tactics Ogre, Breath of Fire, TiTs, Dissidia 012). UMvC3 and Virtua Tennis 4 are keeping me busy.

Really enjoying my Vita right now. Playing Virtua Tennis 4 and UMvC3. I bought too many games at once. I haven't even touched Mutant Blobs, Super Stardust, Unit 13, Hotshots Golf or BlazBlue (and the PSP games Tactics Ogre, Breath of Fire, TiTs, Dissidia 012). UMvC3 and Virtua Tennis 4 are keeping me busy.

I hate that you remind me I can't get BOF3 due to it being only avail in EU =(

Added the ones I have on the memory card right now. I'll add some more later. :)

- Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
- Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
- Fate/unlimited codes
- Gods Eater Burst
- God of War: Chains of Olympus
- Gurumin
- Killzone Liberation
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
- NeoGeo Heroes Ultimate Shooting
- Patapon
- Persona 3 Portable
- Powerstone Collection
- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
- The Red Star
- Ridge Racer
- SFA3 Max
- Strikers 1945 Plus
- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
- Ultimate GnG
- Valhalla Knights
- Warriors Orochi 2
- Ys I&II Chronicles
- Ys: The Oath in Felghana
- Ys Seven

- The 3rd Birthday
- Burnout Dominator
- Cho Aniki Zero
- Coded Arms
- Corpse Party
- Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
- Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions
- Gladiator Begins
- Gradius Collection
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
- The King of Fighters: The Orochi Saga
- Riviera

Koroviev

I'm thinking about posting in the B/S/T thread with my psp games because i want to switch them to digital so i can play on vita but i want to spend as little money converting them.
What would be suitible prices to list these games as, currency would be £ due to me living in the uk and P+P would probably add £2-3 on top

PSP games in great condition:
  • Archer Maclean's Mercury
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy
  • Gran Turismo CE (Codes used)
  • Jak & Daxter : The Lost Frontier
  • Locoroco
  • Resistance Retribution
  • Syphon Filter: Logans Shadow

PSP game with slightly opened UMD cases (will probably have to sell slightly cheaper than the games above)
  • Daxter
  • Me & My Katamari

I would look at Amazon/Ebay. Your prices should include shipping and any other related fees.

I can't believe I actually hesitated to buy dissidia duodecim FF... Goddamn, I'm addicted to that game! So good and it looks/plays amazing on the Vita.

seriously, I bought it 2 days ago and I can't put it down, so Good.

anyone has more Action RPG on PSP they can recommend?

I've already beaten Ys1-2, 3 , 7 and I have MH and I don't like God Eater.

Hey everybody!
People who aren't seeing the atlus sales, do you see the old capcom sale from a couple weeks back? i just bought megaman maverick hunter X for 5 bucks, im pretty sure it was 10 that last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom