• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

Did everyone see two analogue sticks as a gimmick when Sony first released the DualShock?
Probably. Certainly I thought they seemed pointless, mainly there for the combo effect of one upping Nintendo/Sega and BC with the flight stick (which I guess means technically the earliest PS1 DualShock games came out in the launch window), and they didn't really take off until the PS2, with a few games getting it like Medal of Honor.

We even had some racing games using the second stick for gas/brake since they couldn't come up with better! Which did seem good, but analog buttons/triggers are far better for that.

Twinduct

"At launch, the service will be available in nine countries: Japan, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Australia, with more to follow."

My country is not on the list :( same with the youtube app.
One of the many downsides of the "only one account per vita"-restriction

Well if it's anything like the 'Video Store', then it's IP restricted. So the account restrictions is the least of worries :p

Twinduct

Nah bunch of games released on NA PSN only which sits on my PS3 hdd is proof enough they aren't treating this blockade seriously ;)

Games are different though, unless you use a VPN of some sort, you won't be bale to access the 'Video tab' on either PS3 or Vita. I'm basing this on the images provided, which makes it seems like it's a completely different section from the 'Games' section (aka like the video tab).

Plus I already tried my UK account :/
It showed up when I forced it through a VPN.

Hanmik

Is near (or is that Sound Shapes?) getting an update..?

IV43t.jpg

I don´t read japanese.. except I saw NEAR 1.01..?

RpgN

Is near (or is that Sound Shapes?) getting an update..?

IV43t.jpg

I don´t read japanese.. except I saw NEAR 1.01..?

It's an update for Treasure Park and it seems to be pretty substantial.

-You can now also DL sheets from your friends through Near like random people besides getting them from the ten limit slots.
-The time limit has been reduced, you can now send ten sheets every six hours.
-If you don't get sheets from friends you'll get random sheets. With 'sample' sheets you won't get treasures for them. As in they won't add to your treasure count.
-Besides an S rank they added Gold, Silver and Bronze rank.
-The usual bug and stability fixes.

My Japanese is not that great, so it might be better to wait for more experienced members to confirm the list.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I've played all 20 Mobile games! Woo! Now to record my opinion and post it on the internet!

But if anyone wants opinions on single games, feel free to ask.
Which ones do you prefer?
Aqua kitty and super crate box are good?
Beats Trelis lets you make songs?

EDIT:
If you can post some screenshots, Thanks again :D

Sintoid

It's an update for Treasure Park and it seems to be pretty substantial.

-You can now also DL sheets from your friends through Near like random people besides getting them from the ten limit slots.
-The time limit has been reduced, you can now send ten sheets every six hours.
-If you don't get sheets from friends you'll get 'sample' sheets but you won't get treasures for them.
-Besides an S rank they added Gold, Silver and Bronze rank.
-The usual bug and stability fixes.

My Japanese is not that great, so it might be better to wait for more experienced members to confirm the list.

That's a cool update! I hope they'll add someday the option to send the same puzzle to many users via mail (sending 10 different mails with the same puzze is boring..)

RpgN

That's a cool update! I hope they'll add someday the option to send the same puzzle to many users via mail (sending 10 different mails with the same puzze is boring..)

Agreed, that would be very welcome.

Also it says if you get sheets from Near and sent to you by the same person, the sent one will count and taken off the ten limits slot (I think?). This is still pretty neat as it's pretty much the same as sending it through near for everyone only once, but they'll have to update and not miss it of course.

Time to see if the update is live for EU.

EDIT
Nope, it's live for Japan only so far.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Any initial impressions of what's on offer?

Actually i'm downloading super crate box, aqua kitty and beats frellis.
The (psm) eu store now is awesome! It's complete with games' dimension and lots of screenshots that you can change wiping on the screen and there's even the number of the screenshot!

Sony needs to really, really add trophy support for Minis and now Mobile titles.

Going to check out some PSM titles later, probably after some insight though :D

So I have my PS Mobile Roundup video re-encoding for the 3rd time. Pray that I don't find anything ELSE wrong with it this time around. >_> <_<

As a question, can I get some people's help here in sharing my videos around? I want to get some more subs and such and I don't know who to take the videos to without tooting my own horn excessively.

magawolaz

I have no more space on my 16GB mc ç_ç

I don't want to buy a 32GB card yet. I fear Sony will announce new 64/128GB cards by the end of the year D:

Carl

So I have my PS Mobile Roundup video re-encoding for the 3rd time. Pray that I don't find anything ELSE wrong with it this time around. >_> <_<

As a question, can I get some people's help here in sharing my videos around? I want to get some more subs and such and I don't know who to take the videos to without tooting my own horn excessively.

I'll tweet it for you. Might not help, but still.

Mikeside

So, upcoming Vita games.
Everyone keeps saying there's fuck all coming but I'm currently excited for:

Assassin's Creed: Liberation
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Ratchet & Clank: QForce/Full Frontal Assault
Little King's Story (I know it's out, but I'm having a poor month)
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Virtue's Last Reward

Is there anything I'm missing? Is there a thread for upcoming Vita games?

kiyomi

I will definitely sub for a vitabro.

Don't have a twitter page to help you out though :p

tusken77

I'm listening to The Vita Box. Good stuff. :)

Mikeside

looks like I'm going to be splashing out a little tonight:

Rebel
Super Crate Box
Aqua Kitty
Fuel Tiracas
Loot the Land
Beats Slider

All look like great fun :)

AwRy108

Kinda bummed that the Live Area Social Feeds don't work with the PSM stuff, would've been another great way to spread the love for this new category of games.

Carl

Kinda bummed that the Live Area Social Feeds don't work with the PSM stuff, would've been another great way to spread the love for this new category of games.

Yeah i was a bit disappointed when i saw there was no activity feed :( But i guess that's a mark of not having PSN features right now. Hopefully they add that at some point.

kiyomi

Just watched BlueMaxima's latest, good stuff :)

YOU'RE a pan hehe :)

IamMikeside said:
So, upcoming Vita games.

Virtue's Last Reward

Ragnarok Odyssey
Persona 4 Golden

October/November

LuchaShaq

Banned
The pricing has turned me off entirely.

3.50 for super crate box, double what it is elsewhere.

Have to put 5$ in the wallet to buy anything else?

Might as well not exist.

Loot the land is 4$ when 1000000 and puzzlecraft are 1-2$? Nonsense.

zroid

Banned
The pricing does seem a bit on the high side but I may try those FuturLab games.

Aqua Kitty looks good but I'm not really craving a shooter right now. If it were $1.99 or lower I'd probably just get it anyway though.

Cornbread78

So, upcoming Vita games.

Virtue's Last Reward

Dude your totally missing Black Ops, Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4

Edit: Beaten
Just watched BlueMaxima's latest, good stuff :)

YOU'RE a pan hehe :)

Ragnarok Odyssey
Persona 4 Golden

October/November

RpgN

I'd like to see some gameplay videos, reviews and more impressions before jumping on mobile games. Sure a lot of them don't cost much but I'd rather not waste my time if the games aren't good enough for my needs. I'll probably get into them later, I still have Super Startdust Delta to play and getting into the whole community levels with LBP.

These current games are interesting and I might get them in the future:

Super Crate Box
Aqua Kitty
Numblast

These games are maybe, I need to see more of them:

Rebel
Fuel Tiracas
Beats Slider

Fuel Tiracas looks like a time waster and not sure if it's necessary. I need to see gameplay videos of Rebel and Beats Slider.

We really need more coverage for these games. There might be more interesting games on the list that we just don't know enough about.

And they don't have trophies or online leader boards? Are they native resolution?

Famassu

The pricing has turned me off entirely.

3.50 for super crate box, double what it is elsewhere.

Have to put 5$ in the wallet to buy anything else?

Might as well not exist.

Loot the land is 4$ when 1000000 and puzzlecraft are 1-2$? Nonsense.

My dear beelzebub. It's only 3,50. I can't believe how much of a cheapskates people are nowadays. Any good game is worth 3,50.

ryushe

Are we really at a point where we're complaining about a piece of entertainment costing ~$5?

In my day blah blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom