• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwRy108

My dear beelzebub. It's only 3,50. I can't believe how much of a cheapskates people are nowadays. Any good game is worth 3,50.

iOS and smartphone app stores have ruined people. I really don't want to see the PSM store turn into the clusterf*ck that iOS is, so hopefully the more controlled pricing structure will help stave that off.

LuchaShaq

Banned
My dear beelzebub. It's only 3,50. I can't believe how much of a cheapskates people are nowadays. Any good game is worth 3,50.

If it wasn't released elsewhere for less/free on PC I would be fine paying 3-5 for it.

There are already way too many great games out today to support price increases on an old game just because it's a new platform. It's not about the money, I'd rather lose 5$ that falls out of my pocket and also buy SBC for the ios price than pay the vita price and not lose the other 5 bucks.

Also even though I'm not broke, there are plenty of people who are and what may be literal pocket change for us may be a hard decision for them so unless you want to cut those people a check, chuck the attitude.

Carl

If it wasn't released elsewhere for less/free on PC I would be fine paying 3-5 for it.

There are already way too many great games out today to support price increases on an old game just because it's a new platform. It's not about the money, I'd rather lose 5$ that falls out of my pocket and also buy SBC for the ios price than pay the vita price and not lose the other 5 bucks.

Also even though I'm not broke, there are plenty of people who are and what may be literal pocket change for us may be a hard decision for them so unless you want to cut those people a check, chuck the attitude.

Don't buy SCB then? Buy one of the $.50 ones.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man, update already! I want some Tomba!! Great that it's only 4 bucks too!

I think I head some gaffers say the blotches may reduce over time. I think my Vita has less blotches now than what it had 8 months ago.
Thanks, that would be nice

Derrick01

Banned
So, upcoming Vita games.
Everyone keeps saying there's fuck all coming but I'm currently excited for:

Assassin's Creed: Liberation
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Ratchet & Clank: QForce/Full Frontal Assault
Little King's Story (I know it's out, but I'm having a poor month)
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Virtue's Last Reward

Is there anything I'm missing? Is there a thread for upcoming Vita games?

Persona is still coming and since you're including next year stuff too Most Wanted is still coming too. But it does look like a pretty solid fall for Vita. Hopefully Sony can keep the momentum going instead of relying on these garbage ios ports.

AwRy108

Playing SCB on the touch-only iOS sounds dreadful, I don't think I'd use it in your price-per-value argument.

I'd gladly take the $5 you're "willing" to lose and spend it on some PSM games b/c, at the end of the day, I'm having lots of fun instead of making concessions due to Applie's stubbornness to release a device with actual sticks and buttons.

EDIT: anyone else freaking loving "Rebel'? I'm totally addicted to it!

Wait a darn minute... the only way to get Ragnarok on the 16th is to pay for the Mercenary edition? Amazon says the standard one isn't hitting until the 30th...

Wonko_C

Persona is still coming and since you're including next year stuff too Most Wanted is still coming too. But it does look like a pretty solid fall for Vita. Hopefully Sony can keep the momentum going instead of relying on these garbage ios ports.

Most Wanted Vita is not delayed.

The pricing does seem a bit on the high side but I may try those FuturLab games.

Aqua Kitty looks good but I'm not really craving a shooter right now. If it were $1.99 or lower I'd probably just get it anyway though.

Yeah, the pricing is a bit of a turn off. If SCB or AK were 1.99 or less, I'd buy them just because... at $3.50 a piece? I'll buy DLC for games I own first, like Gwabbity Squeeze. :lol

Thanks for posting this.

The impressions don't seem too unfavorable, just kinda "meh". Wouldn't expect anything different from a Nihilistic game.

I don't mind if it's a little bit meh. Just fix that bug where I don't move on the host's game and get meeled in the back repetitively and I'll happily have a good online go of your shooter as long as it's playable.

And the controls sounded good too. Nihilistic is good at getting control sets down. The rest, not so much.

chualie

Got $100 worth of PSN cards for the promotion but now I'm stuck with deciding what to buy.
resub PS+ then either NLKS or LBP or just buy a whole bunch of PS1 RPGs that I never played. WHAT TO DO??

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got $100 worth of PSN cards for the promotion but now I'm stuck with deciding what to buy.
resub PS+ then either NLKS or LBP or just buy a whole bunch of PS1 RPGs that I never played. WHAT TO DO??

LBP is really a fantastic game. You should definitely buy that. You could do that and some PS1 RPGs and decide if you want PS+ later?

Or wait for Black Friday deals and get one of those PS+ codes on the cheap like last year. I still have one sitting around waiting to be used when my first one from last year expires.

chualie

LBP is really a fantastic game. You should definitely buy that. You could do that and some PS1 RPGs and decide if you want PS+ later?

Or wait for Black Friday deals and get one of those PS+ codes on the cheap like last year. I still have one sitting around waiting to be used when my first one from last year expires.

I'm definitely resubbing. Its what to do with the left over that has me in this great dilemma. I have both LBP 1&2 on PS3 so I'm not too sure if I should triple dip. Is it worth it if I played the previous two on PS3?

AwRy108

Just an FYI: the PlayStation Blog recently posted a new deal for a PlayStation Credit Card through Capital One. Approved cards come with a free year of PSN Plus and a $50 PSN card after you make any one purchase using the card. I can't link to it at work, so Google it. The promo was limited time only, so don't screw around too long.

AwRy108

I don't mind if it's a little bit meh. Just fix that bug where I don't move on the host's game and get meeled in the back repetitively and I'll happily have a good online go of your shooter as long as it's playable.

And the controls sounded good too. Nihilistic is good at getting control sets down. The rest, not so much.

Didn't Burning Skies' MP also have broken MP out of the gate? I remember not being able to connect to other players on day one, and the dev. had to drop a patch to fix the issue shortly after launch. Nihilistic better have all the connection kinks worked out before this game hits retail...

winjet81

So I'm just about finished collecting all 43 crowns in HSG and want to know if Virtua Tennis has the same amount of engrossing challenges, content and online capabilities.

If not, any other game of this genre that VitaGAF wants to recommend?

spannicus

Its a shame that a COD game bears so much resembelance to Resistance Burning Skies, they are two totally different games with different feels. I hope this game does not feel and play like a reskinned Resistance cuz if so im gonna be pissed. Nihilistic how do you fuck that up? I got my pitchfork and torch ready to set Nihilistics asses ablaze. Damn Zipper should have been on this one right after unit 13 was finished.

I've been trying to figure out what to spend on too. Apparently my Tokyo Jungle purchase didn't count, so I'm left with $88 to spend after picking up the Gwabbity Squeeze DLC last night.

For you, I'd say sub to plus, especially if you'll lapse before you manage to find a deal on a resub card or whatever. As much as I bitch about the quality of the freebies lately, the cloud storage, automatic updates, and access to the existing 'rentals' is still worth the money (although it's more like being held hostage than wanting to pay for the service these days). The fact that Vita is getting it in a month too... you don't want to lapse.

After that, buy what you feel like playing dude. :)

I wish I hadn't bought all those PSOne games a month ago and had waited til now, as I'd have that much more already spent towards the total.

Currently, I'm looking at the following as possibilities for myself as ways to spend the $88 before 11/1:

SunFlowers
UMvC3 (digital) [then sell my physical card]
UMvC3 complete costume pack
Lumines (digital)
MvC:Origins

I'd buy Sine Mora instantly if it came out this month; but I don't think we have a release date on that...

oldmario

This is starting to annoy me, Klonoa and Tomba both have vita compatibility for their NA release but don't have vita compatability for the EU store release which is just the NA release

Anyone see that ps3 footage of most wanted?

Judging by what we've heard the vita version is a slightly worse looking version of that, if so then GOD DAMN. I am so fucking hyped.

Edit : blops preview on IGN
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/03/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-be-skeptical

2nd edit : key quote here
Unlike the other Black Ops games, Declassified doesn’t have a Zombies mode. Instead you get Hostiles, your typical “survive as many waves as you can” affair, and a series of campaign-inspired time trials you try to run through as fast as you can while shooting wooden targets (think the training level of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare). Nihilistic thinks both modes serve as great training tools to teach people the ropes of CoD on Vita, though the time trials mode is the most popular internally since it has leaderboards.

No sale for me then.

So I'm just about finished collecting all 43 crowns in HSG and want to know if Virtua Tennis has the same amount of engrossing challenges, content and online capabilities.

While HSG is cuter and more punishing, IMHO, VT has more and more varied content. Lot's of minigames, a replayable world tour and tons of customizations parts. Great game. The online implementation is not async though (because it's a tennis match!), so a good connection is required. Also, it's native res so it looks great on dat oled.

Just saw Duckroll's thread about the ZHP successor and it made me realize I don't have ZHP. I can't remember if ZHP is on the vita store or has to be transferred from the PS3 and I am at work so I can't check. I need to fix this not owning ZHP situation I think.

Just saw Duckroll's thread about the ZHP successor and it made me realize I don't have ZHP. I can't remember if ZHP is on the vita store or has to be transferred from the PS3 and I am at work so I can't check. I need to fix this not owning ZHP situation I think.

I remember seeing it in euro vita store.

Wonko_C

OK I'm starting to panic: Amazon, Best Buy, PC Game Supply, etc. are out of US PSN codes. Gamestop doesn't let me buy without a valid US address. What's happening? Did the stores stop selling them? I was going to buy a bunch of PSN/Vita stuff for the $100 promotion. :(

OK I'm starting to panic: Amazon, Best Buy, PC Game Supply, etc. are out of US PSN codes. Gamestop doesn't let me buy without a valid US address. What's happening? Did the stores stop selling them? I was going to buy a bunch of PSN/Vita stuff for the $100 promotion. :(

you aren't alone. except i can go to actual store ;P

Are we really at a point where we're complaining about a piece of entertainment costing ~$5?

In my day blah blah blah

The main complaint is that Super Crate Box is $1.99 on iOS. If the price on iOS was $3.49 those complaints wouldn't be valid, as is though I have to agree with LucasShaq, prices are a bit on the high side.

iOS and smartphone app stores have ruined people. I really don't want to see the PSM store turn into the clusterf*ck that iOS is, so hopefully the more controlled pricing structure will help stave that off.

PSM is supposed to appeal to smartphone users, so cheaper price would be necessary there as well.

I can't help but feel that the higher prices on psm is because of the devs putting it higher on there due to a much, much smaller userbase. The certification process seems to be on par, apple takes 30%, sony takes 30%, dev kit price is similar. The only thing is I think psm games get rated by the esrb but iOS games get rated by apple and maybe apple has a lower fee on that? Not sure. Playing with buttons do not command a 50+% premium on the price, especially since the games must also be designed to work with touchscreen only devices and I might be buying it to play exclusively on my tablet or phone, for example.

It's not about the money, it's about the point. I get that.

Quoting for new page

Anyone see that ps3 footage of most wanted?

Judging by what we've heard the vita version is a slightly worse looking version of that, if so then GOD DAMN. I am so fucking hyped.

Edit : blops preview on IGN
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10...d-be-skeptical

2nd edit : key quote here
Quote:
Unlike the other Black Ops games, Declassified doesn’t have a Zombies mode. Instead you get Hostiles, your typical “survive as many waves as you can” affair, and a series of campaign-inspired time trials you try to run through as fast as you can while shooting wooden targets (think the training level of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare). Nihilistic thinks both modes serve as great training tools to teach people the ropes of CoD on Vita, though the time trials mode is the most popular internally since it has leaderboards.

Kazerei

Banned

Congrats, getting all the crowns in HSG is a huge accomplishment

VT4 has tons of content. I've played through world tour mode three times and I still have lots of clothing to unlock. As for challenges, there's two secret characters that are tough to beat, and there's mini-games where you can set high scores. The game mainly encourages you to keep playing and improve your skills through the steady stream of awards and unlockables. So there aren't specific challenges, you just keep grinding towards those unlockables. Online is a bit flakey in my experience, but it's amazing when it's running lag-free.

I enjoyed HSG a lot, and I enjoyed VT4 almost as much, so I'd definitely recommend it. Amazing gameplay and lots of stuff to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom