• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow, Hatsune Miku is not nearly as "easy" as I figured it would be. I had to play the first song twice to pass it! D:

I think I get it now, though. VERY fun game and worth the money. :)

Carl

So where will PS Mobile games be located? In the PSN store?

Yes, under a separate tab

ZRYWj.jpg

tumblr_m88tbdNUd41rb2jhvo2_500.gif

SEVEN OUTTA TEN

D'AWW IT'S SO CUTE.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
May I ask why everybody's so excited for Playstation Mobile? Is it simply because it's a new platform, or are there specific games that people are looking forward to?

Every time the store updates I hope that Retro City Rampage will be up. I just got a little paper doll from Fangamer for the game too. The wait is killing me.

d1rtn4p

Originally Missed out on all of the PS1 games that got updated today. If I had room to play one or two, which ones should I start with?

Carl

May I ask why everybody's so excited for Playstation Mobile? Is it simply because it's a new platform, or are there specific games that people are looking forward to?

Super Crate Box
FuturLab games
Aqua Kitty.

Some great looking games coming PSM's way.

Oh wow! The Silent Hill demo was pretty fun...

just checked this out &, yeah, it's weird'n'cheesy enough for me :) . been very bored with hack'n'slash rpgs for a few years now, but this game's just bizarre enough to pull me back in for a bit. was liking it from what i'd seen earlier, & this demo's pretty much clinched it - not so hung up on the series to the point where i see anything here other than some quirky, dumb fun...

Played the Zero Escape demo, uhm fell asleep. Like literally had the Vita resting on my chest and fell asleep. Guess I don't have good taste.

Skyzard

Banned

Every time the store updates I hope that Retro City Rampage will be up. I just got a little paper doll from Fangamer for the game too. The wait is killing me.

Super Crate Box
FuturLab games
Aqua Kitty.

Some great looking games coming PSM's way.

Also Eufloria for me.

There was a guy asking if we had any questions about it... any idea what happened with that?

RCR can't be long either.. "get your preorders while you can, jus sayin" - his twitter feed an hour ago.

olimpia84

Downloading Zero Escape demo now. I still haven't played 999 (even though I own the game) but will give the demo a shot once it's downloaded :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Book of Memories Demo is not terrible. I wish I knew what I was equipping (stat wise) before doing so. Also, the game sort of just throws you into this "dungeon". There was basically NO build to it. We'll see...

Skyzard

Banned

Nice site thanks, will keep an eye out for Eufloria...not entirely sure when that is released actually..

That was me. You still have any?

Ah yes I was hoping you'd cover whether or not the gameplay will be similar to the traditional eufloria/dyson game since the description for the new one is about an rpg... and also, galcon labs mini had similar gameplay but was a very simple game and made me realise how important touch controls are and I just wanted to confirm (although I presume it will be since it's a PSM release) that you can control seedlings or the main unit with touch?

.... and to be greedy (not even sure if this is possible) but does it also use vita face buttons for extra input/controls - might be unnecessary..

Just want more news more than anything to be honest, looking forward to reading your interview!

kassatsu

Banned
Nice site thanks, will keep an eye out for Eufloria...not entirely sure when that is released actually..

Ah yes I was hoping you'd cover whether or not the gameplay will be similar to the traditional eufloria/dyson game since the description for the new one is about an rpg... and also, galcon labs mini had similar gameplay but was a very simple game and made me realise how important touch controls are and I just wanted to confirm (although I presume it will be since it's a PSM release) that you can control seedlings or the main unit with touch?

.... and to be greedy (not even sure if this is possible) but does it also use vita face buttons for extra input/controls - might be unnecessary..

Just want more news more than anything to be honest, looking forward to reading your interview!
I can answer the first one. It is just a port of Eufloria, not his new "Eufloria adventures" game.

I can ask about the facebuttons though.

Skyzard

Banned
The PC/PSN port is launch :) Then there's "Eufloria Adventures" coming (later this year) which is a new game

Oh it is two games! Wow this going to be great!

Btw, anyone know if PSM developers can have vita-specific functions?

I can answer the first one. It is just a port of Eufloria, not his new "Eufloria adventures" game.

I can ask about the facebuttons though.

Excellent, really have been missing that game since I barely touch my PC these days. Thanks for asking as well!

Selecting your planets and then planets to attack, as well as the number of units to send is a real pain with that mini Galcon Labs...first game that I can't wait to get touch inputs!

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah! Eufloria is great, and Adventures sounds really cool and different.

By the way, not sure why i linked Aqua Kitty Q&A earlier. I think i'm going mad.

No worries - the thread moves so fast...GAF info overload..I get that...worst when you have to post too? I'm glad you did anyway as I keep mistaking that game for some underwater fish-tank simulator from the name when actually it looks wicked!

Also for anyone who doesn't know about Eufloria, it is awesome. Chilled game but gets intense. Simple but pleasing designs and music and the gameplay can last for ages with battles against AI. Oh man, if it had multiplayer....I know it won't but that would have been amazing!

just realised it was out on iOS as well, totally missed it. Same with Ahhhhh F=MA (which I hope also gets a port...but with proper controls.).

PSM is live.

Downloading Everybody's Arcade for free.

Downloading it now.
Somebody buy Samurai Beatdown and tell me if its worth the money. I means it's only a dollar - but im cheap =p

And whoa these sizes are kind of big. 157 mb for Everybodys Arcade?
Good thing I got that 16gb on the way!

Skyzard

Banned
I was expecting this tomorrow! - for those who can't see it, it's on the store right at the top of the tabs, to the right of Video.

PSM is live.

Downloading Everybody's Arcade for free.

FuturLab's games are the two cheapest there that i can see

GO BUY BEATS SLIDER AND FUEL TIRACAS

Downloading Beats Trellis music maker by Sony as well for £0.65p ...let's see what else...super crate box is a little steep..

Nyoqix looks good but again, not sure if £4.49 good..

Aqua Kitty was a bit step, but I've a soft spot for kittens. It better be worth it. There's a game that's $8 dollars and it's ugly as fuck.

Are FuturLab games any good, they seem a bit... uninspired.

Skyzard

Banned
Japanese companies don't seem to care about everybody is and everybody's ----- oh shit... everybodys' is wrong according to autocorrect :S..my bad?

PSM live (top of the page)

Massa

So Everbody's Arcade is not really free, it's actually a $10 game disguised as a free download. Deleted without even playing the trial version.

Carl

Aqua Kitty was a bit step, but I've a soft spot for kittens. It better be worth it. There's a game that's $8 dollars and it's ugly as fuck.

Are FuturLab games any good, they seem a bit... uninspired.

FuturLab games are always good.

Yay Super Crate Box.

Skyzard

Banned
So Everbody's Arcade is not really free, it's actually a $10 game disguised as a free download. Deleted without even playing the trial version.

argh just about to load..

yep...terrible..where's my rate stick

*each minigame can be purchased separately.

Not thinking straight Sony, this should have been bold and at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom