• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Woohoo

A4P5_JoCcAAICI4.jpg:large

VanWinkle

Fuel Taracas is very fun and very simple. And Carl just beat my time on the first level even the when I checked just a second ago I did better than him. Get off there Carl!

TheBear

Sony is fucking me right off with their bullshit PSN pricing not matching physical MSRP.
Who can I whinge at to get a response?

Wanny

After playing the first 8 or 9 chapters in Uncharted GA I think this is tied with Uncharted 2 as my favorite in the series. Am I crazy? The impression I got from the comments here is that this was a below average game but I'm enjoying this a ton (so far).

I liked UC1, couldn't finish UC2 (well that fucker did come out at the same time than Demon's Souls so it was just natural selection) and never bothered to buy UC3. I enjoyed every minutes of GA.

Skyzard

Banned
Maybe it's because I haven't seen a clip of the game yet but with games like Super Crate Box ...it's hard to justify the price (especially compared to most iOS games but also) when I've probably played funner LBP downloaded games already...there are some pretty good minis in that.

chualie

just got a vita :]
got it for cheap off CL brand new in box :]

which games should I DL first?
I would rather get the physical copy of games seeing that the digital prices are so high but I want to play it right now. It's just sitting there looking pretty.

also is there a vita friends list that I can enlist in? I need some vita friends

Wanny

I don't know what to think about that Silent Hill game. I didn't hate it but I think I would have prefered a classic SH game like SH2 or SH3.

just got a vita :]
got it for cheap off CL brand new in box :]

which games should I DL first?
I would rather get the physical copy of games seeing that the digital prices are so high but I want to play it right now. It's just sitting there looking pretty.

also is there a vita friends list that I can enlist in? I need some vita friends

Lumines and LBP are good download choices

How is beat slider? I wish there was video on this stuff...

Carl! I demand you make a video of Beat Slider and Super Crate Box on Vita. Thanks!

LuchaShaq

Banned
Sony is fucking me right off with their bullshit PSN pricing not matching physical MSRP.
Who can I whinge at to get a response?

I guess Sony figures if someone is willing to pay a 200%+ premium for storage they don't also mind paying a 200%+ premium on digital over physical.

ugh

dallow_bg

nods at old men
If you don't do it soon, my impulse to buy will be gone! :p

--

So one more time here before I drop $12... the DLC for Gwabbity Skweeze -- a bit overpriced but worthwhile?
If look it as a $12 expansion. 6 story missions, 6 challenges, lots of trophies. It's good if you liked GR a lot.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If you don't do it soon, my impulse to buy will be gone! :p

--

So one more time here before I drop $12... the DLC for Gwabbity Skweeze -- a bit overpriced but worthwhile?

The challenge that came with the maid pack was probably my fav in the game, so far (don't have the other 2 yet.) I think the full missions were enjoyable prototypes for the expanded quest that'll probably be in the sequel.

I generally found the DLC to be more worth my time than some of the 2.99 or so minis I could get for equal price... PSMobile might change that a bit.

Anyone try out Rebel on PS Mobile yet, btw? Any videos of it anywhere?

Well if aqua kitty and SCB are a hint at the quality of what is to come on PSM, in looking forward to it a lot!

I got SCB on all platforms but I love supporting Vlambeer always. I think I own all they have made except Gun Godz

whitehawk

Banned
So, I have a bunch of music DLC for Ridge Racer that I don't need anymore. Is there anyway I can just delete the music DLC without deleting the game? The add-on management in settings won't let me....

Skyzard

Banned
So, I have a bunch of music DLC for Ridge Racer that I don't need anymore. Is there anyway I can just delete the music DLC without deleting the game? The add-on management in settings won't let me....

need to backup, delete the extra file (keep save file), [delete on vita, then] transfer back...and redownload the dlc you want. (can get individual songs from your download list instead of the store packs).

It's also free on steam. Problem is you can't really tell if the gameplay is any good when you're stuck using a keyboard and they won't let you map jump to spacebar.

Takes a little getting used to...but it's fun, I'm sure it is better with vita controls..going to bite on this one :) oh man 3p off...need to add funds -_-

anyway downloading now - only 5.4 mb! well good

zroid

Banned
Looks like I'm going to another PlayStation preview thingy tomorrow. AC3L should be there, and hopefully some other upcoming Vita stuff. Will report back with impressions, etc.!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you like digital or will buy psp/psx games in the upcoming months do it
but buy that death star first!

I know...I think I'm going to hold off for the inevitable price drop in storage (because it has to happen...right???).
And I need that Death Star more.

I know...I think I'm going to hold off for the inevitable price drop in storage (because it has to happen...right???).
And I need that Death Star more.

Who knows, I'm more than happy since I buy a lot digitally but if you don't plan to go that route then it's a waste.

Mine is already full and I'd gladly buy another one or a bigger one is swapping them wasn't such a PITA.

Thanks for the heads up Vita Bros. I bought 5 games from PSM lol. I'm liking this.

One of them is Aqua Kitty, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom