• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

I just finished U:GA... AWESOME GAME!!! I just want to know if i lend the game to a friend and he formats the cartridge to earn trophies, will i lose my collectibles or are they saved in my Vita??

He has his own memory card right ?

Your Vita has no internal storage. All your game saves and data will be kept in your own memory card. Keep your own men card, and ask him to get his own.

If a game saves to the *game* card (i.e., the Uncharted game card) itself, then your friend just have to be careful not to overwrite your files.

EDIT: If you're really good friends and want to share a men card, I supposed you can backup your mem card to a PC/Mac/PS3, and then restore it over his data later. But it's a dog slow process.

Glix

Good tip, thanks!

LOVING IT!

Added Lumines to my collection yesterday

I now have

Carts: Uncharted, HSG, Wipeout, UMvC3, and Lumines.

VITA DD: Mutant Blobs, SSD

PSP DD: Corpse Party, Power Stone, Trails of the Sky, Athena

I am totally blown away by how good even the PSP games look on this amazing screen. I am in love with my purchase, not even a second of buyers remorse.

As someone who fell in LOVE with the Original Virtua Tennis on DC, how does the Vita rev stack up? In later versions I DETEST that you can "level up" your guy and then play online. VT is like a fighting game, and needs a level playing field.

Its actually kind of amazing to me, that that one little feature is actually make or break for me. Level online playing field = buy (I'm okay with being able to unlock different "perks" that don't throw off the balance)

patsu

So far I've got Katamari, Lumines, and Hot Shots Golf. I've been really happy with the launch lineup so far, and I never thought I'd find the near app as interesting as I do. Been uploading presents as much as possible. Apparently there are ~300 people in my vicinity playing the vita! I'm looking forward to the 999 sequel, gravity rush, and the persona 4 games.

I have no clue how to upload stuff on near. I think I got some rewards to upload in SSD, but I have no clue how to actually do it. Near isn't very user friendly IMO, though I love the idea.

You should post your Near suggestions here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463600&page=12

Hopefully the Near dev team has time to go over it. mochuuu, a PSN community manager, will be meeting with the Near team soon and doesn't mind forwarding our suggestions over.

GQman2121

Banned
I just won my first online game in Hustle Kings during my lunch break. Best of 3 and I took the first two games. Pretty intense and competitive little game this is. Ran super smooth too.

Bruce: Did that 4 gig card arrive yet?

scently

A little OT but where can I buy a PSN voucher code online with an international card? I am trying to buy some psv content on my ps3 and it is not giving me the option to use an international card. Can somebody help please?

Somebody please? bestbuy cancelled my ordered for some reason after billing me, so please I need another alternative

spats

is there any pics of the digital game library collection interface?

Do you mean the PSN store on Vita?

6942067059_b460d38ed3_z.jpg

6942066323_b985d14916_z.jpg

6942066679_666482542c_z.jpg

zinder

Googled everywhere and could not find an answer, so here goes.

Does anyone know if Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror runs on PSVITA (via PS3)? Thanks!

patsu

my only wish for vita is that sony will allow some kind of android integration like rim's playbook os.... access to android marketplace would take care of a bunch of problems like crappy browser, no youtube at absolutely no dev cost to sony

maybe it's tons of money, maybe it's not.... vita uses the same cpu architecture as android hardware and they already have existing android devs of their own working on xperia phones. Get some integration with android marketplace and it becomes a full fledged tablet while still being a hardcore game machine.

I am pondering over the idea myself. It's a tough call.

Money is only one aspect. There is also time and risk factors to consider. Even if Sony does port Android over to Vita, it won't be so soon. The easiest is dual boot, but it sounds like a hack.

Sony CTO hinted that Vita is written with expandability in mind (he meant "expand" to cellphones and tablets), so the Vita platform should be pretty "open".

On the risk side, Android is not exactly a secure platform. Sony will need to lock down the hardware somehow to run the OS on Vita.

patsu

I've put more hours into Motorstorm in the last week than i did with PS3 in the entire first month, i think

Well, I still play StarHawk beta a lot after I got a Vita. However, at this moment, I think that Uncharted: GA is more fun than the other Uncharteds.

[lightning struck patsu]

Carl

It's really good, but 20 euros is pretty steep for a platinum psp game. I can easily see them doing a price drop in the near future.

oh yeah it's £15 here, pretty ridiculous. Will look out for a sale.

Also, i love browsing the store without exiting my game. The store music makes me want to buy stuff though

However, at this moment, I think that Uncharted: GA is more fun than the other Uncharteds.

[lightning struck patsu]

Completely agree, GA is my favourite Uncharted now :) Hope Bend make more.

Do you mean the PSN store on Vita?

6942067059_b460d38ed3_z.jpg

6942066323_b985d14916_z.jpg

6942066679_666482542c_z.jpg

...why are the US and EU store interfaces different?
No special offers section for US, different icons, why the hell can't they keep anything static from region to region? To much chaos in Sony, they do big talk about unification, but it really doesn't show all the time.

scently

Did you list Best Buy's headquarters as the shipping address?

Yes I did, but it kept asking me to put in the phone number on my billing address which I did but apparently it wants it in a specific format which can't contain all the digits, so I had to remove one digit. That's my guess for the cancellation but the thing is I was billed and then the order was cancelled and I haven't been refunded (though I can sort that out eventually).

Takao

Banned
Yes I did, but it kept asking me to put in the phone number on my billing address which I did but apparently it wants it in a specific format which can't contain all the digits, so I had to remove one digit. That's my guess for the cancellation but the thing is I was billed and then the order was cancelled and I haven't been refunded (though I can sort that out eventually).

Put their headquarters phone number.

Sylver

Banned
...why are the US and EU store interfaces different?
No special offers section for US, different icons, why the hell can't they keep anything static from region to region? To much chaos in Sony, they do big talk about unification, but it really doesn't show all the time.

This happens with PS3 too, but yes we need an universal store and if people wants to download some country version let them do. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom