• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

Not necessarily, but I'd have no reason to keep both. I sell stuff pretty often to justify new purchases. But I suppose I can't say that price isn't a factor either.

Bu..bu... but, memory card !

Yeah, I don't know what to do with my PSP-1000 now. ^_^

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I've been playing Army Corps of Hell after picking it up via the Amazon gold box deal and I have to say that's it a lot of fun thus far.

I've put in over and hour and I'm still loving it. I can definitely see how it will become repetitive, but that doesn't mean it isn't still satisfying to play. The combat is unique and addictive and the presentation really keeps you going. The soundtrack is just perfect.

Hard to believe that the last major project the creator of the studio behind this game worked on was Wii Fit. His work on Pikmin definitely shines through in a unique way, though. Shame they could deliver a better graphics engine, though. Game looks pretty dated next to the rest of the Vita lineup. At the very least it should have been 60 fps instead of 30.

Still, it's a surprisingly neat little game. Would love to see a sequel with fleshed out level design rather than a string of arenas strung together by bridges.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Congrats. What game? =D

Motorstorm RC :)

Nice. I'm not too far off that now. Got 190/192 Golds, plus shave a bit of time off two locations. I think I am going to struggle with the Wall Trophy, the one where you beat people who have beaten you. If I'd know that at the start I would've just gone slow for the first 10 races. =D

Pachimari

I'm seriously worried about my PlanetAxel order of a 32GB memory card.

It's now over a week since they charged my credit card and they have still not shipped it, and now they don't respond to my email... :/

I ordered like 3 weeks ago when they didn't have it in stock, but now have had it for some days with shipping if 0-3 days. Yet nothing's happening.

By the way, Unit 13 is all kinds of awesome!
Gonna try out Motorstorm RC in a moment.

itxaka

Defeatist
Someone knows if they are gonna update the psn store every thursday as they did with ps3?

Is there any good resource for knowing future games in a calendar format? I love calendar formats for game releases :D

Toki767

Someone knows if they are gonna update the psn store every thursday as they did with ps3?

Is there any good resource for knowing future games in a calendar format? I love calendar formats for game releases :D

PSN store updates every Tuesday. It used to be Thursdays but they switched to Tuesdays a couple years ago.

Would a 4gig card be enough to grab 5-6 titles? I know the size depends on the game, but is there a size range a majority of games fall under?

Some game I'm interested in grabbing include Tactics Ogre, Wild Arms xf, Trails in the sky, Monster Hunter, Y's series.

Just getting a psp is also a possibility, but I'm not sure if it's worth it at this point.

EDIT:
I have a PSP Go + a 8GB M2 card that I hold my RPGs on. If you want to pick up those titles you mentioned, I recommend a 8GB. You can easily fit the titles you want on it.

I'd rather just get the Vita. The b/c on the Vita with PSP games is amazing.

SRTtoZ

I had a pretty tough time selling my PSP Go on Craigslist, and I remember Gamestop offering me like 40 bucks for trade in; keep in mind that was 8 months ago.

zatara

Having a ps3 is the only way to move psp games downloaded from psn to my vita that aren't on the list of games on psn on my vita correct?

SRTtoZ

Having a ps3 is the only way to move psp games downloaded from psn to my vita that aren't on the list of games on psn on my vita correct?

As of right now yes, but i think in the future you will be able to download your PSP games directly onto your Vita.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm seriously worried about my PlanetAxel order of a 32GB memory card.

It's now over a week since they charged my credit card and they have still not shipped it, and now they don't respond to my email... :/

I ordered like 3 weeks ago when they didn't have it in stock, but now have had it for some days with shipping if 0-3 days. Yet nothing's happening.

I think they've been having some server issues with messages getting through to the warehouse. I canceled a screen protector two weeks ago, got confirmation, then about 3-4 days later it shipped. When I questioned them about it they said that there were some issues of not getting cancellations.

Kerrby

Banned
UMVC3 finally came in the mail today, damn the game looks good. I'm happy to see console ports as long as they're decent, haven't had any issues with it so far.

amrod

Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack!!!

A game that definitely deserves to be had by anyone that buys a Vita. Fun platforming with variety and a few twists in game play that you don't expect. Only 8 UNITED STATES DOLLARS.
A SOLID 9/10

This is as good as rayman almost :D

Raonak

Banned
Nice. Vita crushed the 3DS, and rightfully so.

Yeah, the console itself is such a dream. It has everything I could ever think of.

--

I like how the touchscreen is so close to the buttons, It makes it easy to reach to the side of the touchscreen. I can see lots of games putting in touch buttons to make up for the lack of L2/R2.

Also. mutant blob attacks is awesome, I really find it interesting how to boost when you're flying you can hold down the middle of the rear touch. Works suprisingly well. I even perfer it over pressing the shoulder buttons.- I like non-precise backtouch controls.
Actually, I really liked the little deviants demo too. so I guess i like the back touch in general.

Grinchy

Banned
Bu..bu... but, memory card !

Yeah, I don't know what to do with my PSP-1000 now. ^_^

lmao exactly

I'm all in circles here. I started out not really caring about Vita just because of its size many months ago. Now I'm desperately going back and forth trying to resist the urge to just buy one and worry about selling stuff later. I just love the hardware from what I've seen and read. And I really like the $80 bundles I expect to become more regular. That's just such an awesome thing. Sony is brilliant sometimes.

Barrett2

I had a pretty tough time selling my PSP Go on Craigslist, and I remember Gamestop offering me like 40 bucks for trade in; keep in mind that was 8 months ago.

Best Buy was offering bonus trade-in deals with purchase of Vita.

They gave me $70 for my PSP Go when I bought a Vita last week.

I thought I was seeing a secret Wipeout event off in the corner of the map but then i realized it was just the map sticking out a little bit from my fingers on the back touchpad, nice subtle touch.

linkboy

I'm keeping my Go, its a fantastic emulation machine and will be much more convenient in some situations.

Its the GB Micro of the PSP world.

I need some sort of fighter and I have BlazBlue CS2 on PSP. Just curious if I should pick this BB extend or UMvC3 instead.

Depends on what you like, fighting style, characters (anime VS American comics), and if you prefer 2D over 2.5D.

If you love Marvel VC Capcom series and the characters, I'd go with that. But I feel Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 is more for competitive play.

You get more modes with BlazBlue CSEx like story, etc. I think you may get more if you play single player.

For me, I love and prefer the fighting system and characters of UMvC3, but I suck at it so I probably won't get much out of it if I don't play competitively.

I'm keeping my Go, its a fantastic emulation machine and will be much more convenient in some situations.

Its the GB Micro of the PSP world.

I kept my Go because I play a LOT of Dissidia. Now my friends can play on the Go outputting to the TV against me on my Vita. :) So glad I kept it, I love the Go.

sfedai0

Banned
Bout to join the HSG crew!! Bought it off a fellow gaffer. That and Tactic Ogre should keep me busy till VT drops in price.

Cookie18

Bought Shinobido and Motorstorm RC from SEN tonight. I haven't tried Shinobido yet but holy crap is Motorstorm amazing. It's a must buy, especially for the price it is at. I can't believe how good value it is.

Skilletor

Just ran into somebody who was 26-0 with a 26 game win streak in UMvC3. I proceed to stomp him and he drops before the last hit. Lame.

:/

Hate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom