• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't unit 13 going to be retail as well?

Yup!

EDIT: two questions-- Remote playing any PSone game has any lag? I want to buy ChronoTrigger and while we wait for PSone compat. On the Vita I still want to try this out. And, again, any US FIFA owners, is the retail game multilanguage? Does it have the option to play it in spanish?

UberTag

Just ran into somebody who was 26-0 with a 26 game win streak in UMvC3. I proceed to stomp him and he drops before the last hit. Lame.

:/

Hate this.
What kind of online fighting ranking system doesn't penalize a player for drops? You can't build an online community with that kind of oversight in 2012. That goes for everything from FPSes to online sports as well.

You drop, you lose, you get punished. If your Internet sucks, get better Internet.

JWong

Banned
Yup!
EDIT: two questions-- Remote playing any PSone game has any lag? I want to buy ChronoTrigger and while we wait for PSone compat. On the Vita I still want to try this out. And, again, any US FIFA owners, is the retail game multilanguage? Does it have the option to play it in spanish?

You scared me there.

Next week, it's Unit 13, MLB The Show 12, and Motorstorm RC!

Anything else I missed?

Edit: Oh yeah, Journey for PS3!

Just read up on Unit 13 for the first time. Now I'm interested! Sounds like a really cool TPS.

The Fireteam Bravo games on the PSP were pretty cool so I'm sure Unit 13 will be better.

You scared me there.

Next week, it's Unit 13, MLB The Show 12, and Motorstorm RC!

Anything else I missed?

Hahaha. I want to buy The Show sooo bad, but i have a somewhat tight budget. I only have $40 to spend on games untill May so it's Motorstorm RC + Mutant Blob Attack + Chrono Trigger or MLB 12...

EDIT: Damn! And Journey in two weeks. FFUUUUUU

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So one hour ago Motorstorm RC said it had 23 minutes left to download. It's done 70mb more and now says 10 minutes.

I started the download last night at home.

Fuck this.

I'm kind of scared to try the demo because of its freezing issues that I'm reading in other threads. But I may try it later this week before the game comes out.

I think the buggy demo was taken down from the store last week, so i'd asume the one that's up won't freeze your Vita. Still IDK if it's still buggy.

SRTtoZ

The thing I love about having a handheld version of UMvC3 is you can just sit near your TV, watch a hockey game and mess around in the training room.

So one hour ago Motorstorm RC said it had 23 minutes left to download. It's done 70mb more and now says 10 minutes.

I started the download last night at home.

Fuck this.

Sounds like you either Los connection or your connection with the server is degraded. Re download.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm keeping my Go, its a fantastic emulation machine and will be much more convenient in some situations.

Its the GB Micro of the PSP world.

That's a great point. I've never bothered with custom firmware, but if I bought a Vita and kept my Go, I could finally do that.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just got 2 hori screen protectors. Am I a bad enough dude to handle this? :/

Success! Was able to get this screen protective filter on my entire front of my vita without any bubbles except one small one on a corner that is easily ignored.

Now I have this extra one...lol

Minions

I just paid for a month of 3g. I did not see a code for the free month in the box I got. It says the code for stardust will be emailed at the end of the month or something. Am I missing a piece of paper with the code?

I have one that tells me how to redeem the free month, one that tells me I will get stardust after a month, a accessory advertisement and a protection plan advertisement.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I've been ripping some of my blurays and running tests on the Vita.

I'm not big on watching movies on the go, I've got a nice setup at the house so anything else feels like I'm short changing the experience.

HOWEVER

This fucking screen!

Jesus, come on 60+ OLED televisions!

The only reason the size might be a problem for me is because I use my Go as an mp3 player a few times per week at least. Even the PSP 3000 was an unacceptable device as an mp3 player for me. So I worry about that. I guess I just can't make up my damn mind.
My PSPgo is like my Gameboy Micro - too damned convenient to ever sell, even if it's no longer the "latest and greatest"... Having a system I can carry unobtrusively with me in a suit jacket pocket where ever I go is worth a great deal to me, and the Vita is definately NOT that kind of system. As nice as PSP games look on my Vita, I wouldn't give up my PSPgo for a Vita - the portability and convenience of a small system is just too valuable to me.

That's a great point. I've never bothered with custom firmware, but if I bought a Vita and kept my Go, I could finally do that.
I installed 6.60PRO CFW on my PSPgo and it gives me the best of both worlds - it's "non-permanent", which means you have to run a small app you keep on your memory stick that installs the custom firmware each time you cold boot the system. It also means that after a restart, your PSPgo is running official Sony 6.60 firmware until you reinstall the custom firmware. PSN PSP, PSX and Minis games run on official firmware from the internal memory. A PC Engine emulator and a bunch of ISOs including Metal Gear Acid!, Lumines and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep are on my memory stick. It's a great solution...

branny

I need some sort of fighter and I have BlazBlue CS2 on PSP. Just curious if I should pick this BB extend or UMvC3 instead.
Extend would be far more comparable to its console version than CS2's PSP incarnation. UMvC3 is great on Vita, but it's not a 100% perfect port (extremely incidental control niggles that you can work around, some easily ignorable concessions to special effect and background fidelity, and a tiny bit of slowdown every now and then like in the corner of Asgard near the waterfall). I'd advise to get Extend and UMvC3 on console first, and then decide which one you'd rather play on Vita. If I had CS2 on PSP, I'd just get UMvC3 on Vita. I'm very happy with UMvC3 on Vita, so I'm a bit biased toward that game.

so Lumines or Rayman. Have some credit that needs used.
Rayman is cheaper on consoles. Electronic Symphony is only available on Vita. If you're in the USA, you have the luxury of trying demos for both games. They're actually probably better as digital purchases if you're planning to return to them often. Rayman has a lot of collectibles and time-trial incentives; Lumines has score incentives (provided you don't exploit the game) and can make an hour disappear quite easily. Rayman is a safe recommendation assuming you aren't super picky about your platformers. The original Lumines is widely regarded as the best PSP launch game, and Electronic Symphony is better than that one in many ways.

Y's 7 or Oath?

legacyzero

Banned
Are there any deals right now? like BOGO or Buy the Vita get a free game anywhere? probably gonna purchase tonight, unless there's a nice deal somewhere.

Cookie18

Is anyone else having trouble signing on to SEN/PSN on their Vita? I get go on the store and sync trophies but whenever I actually try to sign on I am getting stuck at the "connecting to" stage.

I've been ripping some of my blurays and running tests on the Vita.

I'm not big on watching movies on the go, I've got a nice setup at the house so anything else feels like I'm short changing the experience.

HOWEVER

This fucking screen!

Jesus, come on 60+ OLED televisions!

What format are you ripping to? MKV?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
What format are you ripping to? MKV?

MKV and then I convert to mp4.

If you convert to the PSV's native rez, oddly enough, You'll likely end up with green lines streaking across the screen. Google says I'm not alone.

720p however works without issue, which the increased size isn't a big deal as I'm only running test clips.

MKV and then I convert to mp4.

If you convert to the PSV's native rez, oddly enough, You'll likely end up with green lines streaking across the screen. Google says I'm not alone.

720p however works without issue, which the increased size isn't a big deal as I'm only running test clips.

960x544 working fantastically over here.

patsu

I just paid for a month of 3g. I did not see a code for the free month in the box I got. It says the code for stardust will be emailed at the end of the month or something. Am I missing a piece of paper with the code?

I have one that tells me how to redeem the free month, one that tells me I will get stardust after a month, a accessory advertisement and a protection plan advertisement.

The US PS Blog has a how-to article on AT&T promo. Find it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom