• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

weird but change it online at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Oh damn, I didn't know you had to do it ON the Vita LOL. I don't have my Vita yet (was gonna buy it in the summer), so I was hoping to grab this for free. Well, that sucks...

Motorstorm RC is amazing.

Looking to add more friends to compete with: Hispanicguy.

I'll be on this for the majority of the night. Don't worry, Unit 13, I still love you.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Embarrassingly, none yet haha. I kind of want Escape Plan but I haven't looked into it yet (just seen an early video) and of course I'll grab the free Motorstorm.

Any recommendations?

I would really recommend Mutant Blob Attack over Escape Plan and it's cheaper.

KillerAJD

Embarrassingly, none yet haha. I kind of want Escape Plan but I haven't looked into it yet (just seen an early video) and of course I'll grab the free Motorstorm.

Any recommendations?

I would really recommend Mutant Blob Attack over Escape Plan and it's cheaper.

I can't really vouch for one over another (haven't played Escape Plan), but get MBA! It's an amazing game! Looks gorgeous, plays perfectly, and it has just the right amount of story/humor needed in a platformer.

Grinchy

Banned
I've seen a lot of positive posts about MBA, maybe I'll get both. I also want Uncharted but I feel like I can wait until it's cheaper.

Personally I went with Super Star Dust and my next purchase will probably be Gravity Daze, if I cant survive that long I may dl Ghost of Sparta but 29.99 is too expensive.

Super Star Dust is truly great and addictive, I never played the PS3 one.

Anything interesting coming out before Gravity Daze that I don't know about?

Pachimari

Should finally get my 32GB Memory Card from PlanetAxel toward the end of the week, here's hoping.

If I get it this week, then the whole process took a month(!)

JWong

Banned
wtf Unit 13 was almost sold out everywhere.

EBGames, Bestbuy (didn't even stock), Futureshop, Sony Store.

I had to go to TRU before I could find it. And it was the last copy.

wtf Unit 13 was almost sold out everywhere.

EBGames, Bestbuy (didn't even stock), Futureshop, Sony Store.

I had to go to TRU before I could find it. And it was the last copy.

Best Buy and Target appear to be rolling back gaming inventories and that means Gamestop and EBgames will be hit harder on portable games and games that aren't big sellers like Asura's Wrath and Tales of Grace and Xenoblade. Plus I think retailers feel that a lot of sales are going to come from PSN and therefore are timid about stocking all games or many copies of games. Yea, it sucks.

Anywho, Motorstorm RC is A-MAY-ZING! Great implementation of social sharing. The interface though a bit to take in at first is super fast with no loads between tiles. Restarts are instant as well and that is awesome for when I am trying for that third medal. Just a well made game, and it's FREE!!!!!!!! At $10 for both versions felt like a crazy deal, being free actually makes me feel bad I didn't spend the $10 lol.

Soi-Fong

Best Buy and Target appear to be rolling back gaming inventories and that means Gamestop and EBgames will be hit harder on portable games and games that aren't big sellers like Asura's Wrath and Tales of Grace and Xenoblade. Plus I think retailers feel that a lot of sales are going to come from PSN and therefore are timid about stocking all games or many copies of games. Yea, it sucks.

Anywho, Motorstorm RC is A-MAY-ZING! Great implementation of social sharing. The interface though a bit to take in at first is super fast with no loads between tiles. Restarts are instant as well and that is awesome for when I am trying for that third medal. Just a well made game, and it's FREE!!!!!!!! At $10 for both versions felt like a crazy deal, being free actually makes me feel bad I didn't spend the $10 lol.

This! I keep sending friends who have Motorstorm RC requests to try to beat my time! haha

Ran rp

I think I'm going to get a silicone protector just to hide that huge PS button light. Bright lights near displays annoy me to no end.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
PSY・S;35799711 said:
I think I'm going to get a silicone protector just to hide that huge PS button light. Bright lights near displays annoy me to no end.

Hori Silicone Case. Amazon or Walmart. That is all.

Grinchy

Banned
Here's a video of the Hori Face Cover if anyone hasn't seen it yet. This is exactly what I need. Really glad I ordered this, but I won't know if it's really any good until I've tried it myself.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
PSY・S;35800005 said:
It's out of stock on Amazon and I can't find it on Walmart.com

I got mine at Wal Mart, but if you check on their sites and you see that they have Hori accessories for the PS Vita, then there is a high chance that they will have a silicone or hori case in the physical store.

MrMephistoX

Anyone else getting "system is under maintenance" errors when trying to sign in to the Vita store? Pretty weird but a reboot didnt solve it.

DCharlie

Banned
Virtua Tennis, MLB, Fifa, or Hot shots.

Which 2 out of the 4?

MLB just downloading now, so of the others - VT and Fifa.

Hot Shots gets VITA SMASHINGLY annoying on the later courses.

Vita game tally is now officially stupid

Added Unit 13, Motorstorm, MLB and HP 5-7 (secret lego game enjoyer #shameface)

Flunkie

Banned
Anyone else getting "system is under maintenance" errors when trying to sign in to the Vita store? Pretty weird but a reboot didnt solve it.

Yeah, I've been getting them all fucking night. Caused me to rage so I had to ban myself from my Sony devices for awhile. Hey there, iPhone.. such a small.. screen you have!

So, I'm plugged into my brothers PS3 with my account loaded up (my ps3 is kaput) it says "Could not connect to the PS3 system."

Google resulted in other people not knowing wtf was going on either.

I mad.

So, I'm plugged into my brothers PS3 with my account loaded up (my ps3 is kaput) it says "Could not connect to the PS3 system."

Google resulted in other people not knowing wtf was going on either.

I mad.

I tried this and it worked on mine.

Sign out of your PSN account on your PS3. Leave your PS Vita signed in. Connect your Vita to PS3. Popup comes out about having to sign in on your PS3 the same account on your Vita. Now you sign in into your PS3. Tap the bouncing Content Manager bubble on your Vita. Transfer away.

I tried this and it worked on mine.

Sign out of your PSN account on your PS3. Leave your PS Vita signed in. Connect your Vita to PS3. Popup comes out about having to sign in on your PS3 the same account on your Vita. Now you sign in into your PS3. Tap the bouncing Content Manager bubble on your Vita. Transfer away.

I ended up just un/replug it until it decided to be happy.
Annoying. =S... now if I can get my remote play to work...

SRTtoZ

Welp been playing MLB the show ALL day, time flew. Its a great game, I fully recommend it! It was frustrating at first because I just couldnt hit but I adjusted some sliders and finally got a win lol. My poor Yankees are 2-5! Anyway just opened Mass Effect 3 so ill check that out, but yea...The Show rules.

IMACOMPUTA

ergh.
Did you guys notice all the gross DLC crap on the vita store now?

MLB THE SHOW : Heal Road to the Show character $0.99
"Heal your injured character immediately!"

+ craploads of other dumb suff

wat

whitehawk

Banned
ergh.
Did you guys notice all the gross DLC crap on the vita store now?

MLB THE SHOW : Heal Road to the Show character $0.99
"Heal your injured character immediately!"

+ craploads of other dumb suff

wat
Tell me about it. Motorstorm has a bunch of dlc ranging from $0.49 to $1.99. And it just came out a few hours ago. It seems like the iOS style DLC has reached the Vita.

Also, are they actually charging $4.99 for one Marvel vs capcom character?

SToRM

Should finally get my 32GB Memory Card from PlanetAxel toward the end of the week, here's hoping.

If I get it this week, then the whole process took a month(!)
I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks now. Last week I've received an email where they stated it was ready to ship, so I hope I will receive it this week.

Georgious

Banned
Been loving Motorstorm RC on the vita - can I also get it for free on the PS3? I heard it was a multiplatform type deal, but I don't know if the Scion promotion rolls over.

the3ye

sooo my VITA doesn't like walking....
got the responsivity problem again. In the same spot, with the same symptomps....
maybe it was too cold for it? Dunno... I will try factory reset tomorrow and exchange it...

Snowballo

Do you guys have a valid store/seller to buy exactly this screen protector from Hori at honest price?

hori-screen-protector-for-ps-vita.jpg

I could place the order from Playasia but it's taking forever to come to Europe.
Any alternative?

EDIT:
Is the one sold by Amazon UK exactly the same?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Protective-Screen-Filter-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B006VE40JQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331104706&sr=8-3

JWong

Banned
sooo my VITA doesn't like walking....
got the responsivity problem again. In the same spot, with the same symptomps....
maybe it was too cold for it? Dunno... I will try factory reset tomorrow and exchange it...

Response problems to the touchscreen?

You know, capacitive touchscreen requires electric charge from your body. If it's cold, and your hands are cold, electrons aren't moving that fast. So it will be less responsive in cold.

the3ye

Response problems to the touchscreen?

You know, capacitive touchscreen requires electric charge from your body. If it's cold, and your hands are cold, electrons aren't moving that fast. So it will be less responsive in cold.

yup touchscreen.
Well it wasn't THAT cold. my iPhone works perfect with my hands outside.
One side is working OK (at first) and the other one is not... Left side of the screen has this problem (like around the first bubble in second row) later it spreads to the whole screen. I can't press the bubbles around that area, move pages, etc.
I posted other symptoms earlier, like moving pages by rear panel, stucking between pages, moving things without touching, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom