• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

427657_10101118919752875_23441808_63483257_123706174_n.jpg

already bought my system lol.

well, it's still awesome. you can sell all of what you get from the contest.

test_account

XP-39C²
Did anyone here say a while ago that it wasnt possible to buy something from the PS Store while a game is suspended? I tried it now and it works fine (bought that Mutant Blob game). Or was that if there is DLC addon for a game? If so, it makes sense that you need to restart the game before the DLC gets activated/detected in-game.

don't hate.
Nice! Congrats :)

Number45

Does anyone have the PDP Crystal Case for the Vita? Do you recommend it ?

PDP Crystal Case

Keep looking for cases that can protect the Vita and also hold some games. This looks like will do the job.
Yup, really happy with mine. Solid as a rock, and as you say has decent storage for games and a couple of memory cards.
I've got it. The case will give you some good peace of mind about your Vita's safety, and it'll carry plenty of games. Make sure you take the extra inserts out of it though or it won't lock.
I haven't removed anything from mine and it locks fine.

mauaus

UUGGHHH soo pissed, i completed Rayman with every medallion, but im missing 2, i havent done night of the livid dead but i was told it had no medallions... Wtf could i be missing :(

KalBalboa

Banned
Yup, really happy with mine. Solid as a rock, and as you say has decent storage for games and a couple of memory cards.

I haven't removed anything from mine and it locks fine.
Mine wouldn't until I removed the extra slips. I guess experiences vary, but I've certainly seen people claiming that it took some effort to lock their case.

frequency

Tactics Ogre did not win....I am disappoint.

Dissidia just doesn't look that fun to me. Oh well, will grab Chrono Trigger and Infamous.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/06/2012-psn-gamers-choice-awards-and-the-winners-are/

I pretty much disagree with all those choices.
I'm particularly unhappy that a bad CT port won over Xenogears.

Oh well. I guess that saves me from being tempted to re-buy games I already own.

About Dissidia - even as a completely hopeless Final Fantasy fan, I feel like it's not that enjoyable a game after the "oh I know that character!" phase goes away.

I would have re-bought TO and I really wish everyone got to play that instead. It's like people passed on a best-in-genre title for an okay fan-service title.

Roubjon

I pretty much disagree with all those choices.
I'm particularly unhappy that a bad CT port won over Xenogears.

Oh well. I guess that saves me from being tempted to re-buy games I already own.

About Dissidia - even as a completely hopeless Final Fantasy fan, I feel like it's not that enjoyable a game after the "oh I know that character!" phase goes away.

I would have re-bought TO and I really wish everyone got to play that instead. It's like people passed on a best-in-genre title for an okay fan-service title.

Dissidia is a really good game though and is there is much more to it than just fan-service. As much as I'd like TO to win, I'm fine with Dissidia taking the spot.

Seconded. Bought the case the night I picked up my Vita as I was traveling first thing the next morning. Have been very happy with it. Nice solid feel and locks tight. For $20 I think it's a steal.

frequency

Dissidia is a really good game though and is there is much more to it than just fan-service. As much as I'd like TO to win, I'm fine with Dissidia taking the spot.

Oh well I'm glad there are people who actually like it that much as a game then.
It just didn't do it for me and the only thing pulling me through was the fan-service.

But I was wrong to assume others would feel the same.

schick85

Rockstar ought to upload a patch for GTA Chinatown on the VITA to address the framerate and loading issues it's plagued with. The fecking game is almost unplayable.

SRTtoZ

Ok so I played 2 games of MLB the Show on PS3 and then uploaded my save to cloud and then resumed on my Vita. All I can say is WOW, its awesome...the integration is seemless and the Vita game compared pretty good to the PS3 version. The PS3 version is the superior version no doubt but the Vita plays very well, looks good and has a ton of modes like the PS3 version. The only thing its missing is the new presentation aspects of the PS3 version and diamond dynasty which is like a fantasy team type thing. Glad I got these and hope more games start to give discounts if you buy both copies.

patsu

Ok so I played 2 games of MLB the Show on PS3 and then uploaded my save to cloud and then resumed on my Vita. All I can say is WOW, its awesome...the integration is seemless and the Vita game compared pretty good to the PS3 version. The PS3 version is the superior version no doubt but the Vita plays very well, looks good and has a ton of modes like the PS3 version. The only thing its missing is the new presentation aspects of the PS3 version and diamond dynasty which is like a fantasy team type thing. Glad I got these and hope more games start to give discounts if you buy both copies.

[Cover ears]

Lalalalalalah !

Eusis

Yeah, even though TO's a better game at least Dissidia is a solid release. CT is just a travesty given it's a subpar port with several readily available alternatives to playing it. Maybe had the PS1 been designed in a way that games COULD load as fast as whatever media they're on then it'd be fine, you'd probably have nearly instant loading off a hard drive or memory stick or at least make it less obnoxious.

I guess my Toys R Us didn't get The Show in their shipment.

Man. I hate you TRU.

When is Amazon going to match this deal?

TRU usually stocks them a few days after the release date. I don't know why they do that but they do. On the website it says Unit 13 will be stocked on the 8th even though it's out today.

Vita dpad is shockingly good, maybe the best I've used but I haven't tested it with a fighting game so I can't confirm it as my personal fav just yet

IMACOMPUTA

TRU usually stocks them a few days after the release date. I don't know why they do that but they do. On the website it says Unit 13 will be stocked on the 8th even though it's out today.

I'm tempted to buy it from Best Buy or Walmart in the meantime and do a switcheroo when they finally get it.

Grinchy

Banned
I just went through the last 3000 posts or so just looking at info and impressions on cases. Still, I feel like asking, is there any consensus on them yet? Like which is the best?

I'd like a case that is easy and fast for opening and closing, but I'd also really like to be able to have headphones connected while it's in the case. This doesn't seem to be possible with any of them. Maybe is there like a shell case that makes it easy to get the Vita in and out of? I wouldn't want to always have my Vita in a shell, just when I'm out and I need to keep the Vita in a pocket.

I actually like the sleeve that comes with the starter kit and I just offloaded the 4gb on ebay for $15 too so it worked out well ;)
It's one I have my eye on. I just wasn't sure if you could have headphones plugged in while using it.

MrMephistoX

I just went through the last 3000 posts or so just looking at info and impressions on cases. Still, I feel like asking, is there any consensus on them yet? Like which is the best?

I'd like a case that is easy and fast for opening and closing, but I'd also really like to be able to have headphones connected while it's in the case. This doesn't seem to be possible with any of them. Maybe is there like a shell case that makes it easy to get the Vita in and out of? I wouldn't want to always have my Vita in a shell, just when I'm out and I need to keep the Vita in a pocket.

I actually like the sleeve that comes with the starter kit and I just offloaded the 4gb on ebay for $15 too so it worked out well ;)

Grinchy

Banned
Wait a minute, so you did get a Vita after all ? ^_^

hahaha one thing I know about myself is that if I spend a week thinking every day about a product, I can be sure I want it. I couldn't wait any longer. Also, buying from Amazon saved me like $20 in sales tax (which I'm totally going to claim, totally).

I'm not sure if I'm selling my Go or not. I kinda want to keep it and maybe try out custom firmware.

patsu

hahaha one thing I know about myself is that if I spend a week thinking every day about a product, I can be sure I want it. I couldn't wait any longer. Also, buying from Amazon saved me like $20 in sales tax (which I'm totally going to claim, totally).

I'm not sure if I'm selling my Go or not. I kinda want to keep it and maybe try out custom firmware.

Cool, congrats on your new acquisition. 8^P

Hieberrr

Da fuck? I can't d/l Motorstorm RC.. AHH, my address is blank :| And I can't change it right now because it's STILL under maintenance.

EDIT: Why is Motorstorm still full price? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom