• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Is there a larger story behind the whole Grace Chen thing? Or is she just in charge of PSN updates and never does them on time.

She's the lady who handles some important PlayStation Store job and gets blamed on as she's the one who posts the US Blog posts. She never responds to comments, nor has she or the team ever explained why SCEA can't choose a specific time to update pSN and stick with it. We've had updates anywhere from 3PM EST to 12AM EST. No consistency and never a response as to why.

whitehawk

Banned
God damn I love my Vita but it's impossible to see the screen in any light. I was trying to play in the car but I couldn't see anything in Uncharted and kept falling off cliffs. Even the menu looked shit. I couldn't play anything.

ascully

God damn I love my Vita but it's impossible to see the screen in any light. I was trying to play in the car but I couldn't see anything in Uncharted and kept falling off cliffs. Even the menu looked shit. I couldn't play anything.

It's hard to play any handheld in the light, I stopped taking them on car trips unless its a late night drive I can never see the screen.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can someone give me a brief explanation of what do I need to do to get something (namely a Ridge Racer touch screen demo) to work on my US Vita? I have two memory cards and I can dedicate one to this demo and whatever other Japanese-only stuff I'd put on it.

Also, where in the JP store can I find this demo?

Sh0k

I've heard it's an OK case, but I personally picked up the Vault Case from Rocketfish, and it's pretty much like keeping your Vita inside a tank!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=c3e2ea632de221f00aee612a99760c8een02

It's got a good solid rubber interior that cradles the Vita perfectly, has a microfiber screen protector for when it's closed, and even has a rubber seal to prevent dirt and water from getting in. If it has one failing, it's that it only holds three game cards and one memory card. It could hold more, but I'm not complaining.

I'll only replace this when I can finally find the Pull & Go Folio here in Canada.

Thanks for all the answers. How about the Pull & Go Folio, how is the case that you can detach from the FOLIO ? I saw the folio at Walmart and Gamestop, but the price is kind of high.

ascully

Can someone give me a brief explanation of what do I need to do to get something (namely a Ridge Racer touch screen demo) to work on my US Vita? I have two memory cards and I can dedicate one to this demo and whatever other Japanese-only stuff I'd put on it.

Also, where in the JP store can I find this demo?

What is this touch screen Ridge Racer demo you speak of? I can't seem to find any footage of it on Youtube.

She's the lady who handles some important PlayStation Store job and gets blamed on as she's the one who posts the US Blog posts. She never responds to comments, nor has she or the team ever explained why SCEA can't choose a specific time to update pSN and stick with it. We've had updates anywhere from 3PM EST to 12AM EST. No consistency and never a response as to why.

Thanks for the info. There really is no excuse for why that couldn't pick a specific time and stick with it. In fact, I find it kind of amateurish that they can't.

Question: Have you guys grown accustomed to the analogue sticks on this system? I tried a friend of mine's Vita and their tiny size just bugged me horribly. Once he's out of the 'my new toy' phase, I might ask him to let me borrow it to check - but they are just really, really small. I hadn't realized that they were so miniature.

The screen is damned gorgeous though. I'll give it that.
I look up/down a lot by accident when controlling the camera. I'm getting used to it, as others have said. The problem is mostly with PSN titles due to it usually being digital input the analog is emulating.

SRTtoZ

magames.jpg

Haaaa yes!!!

Guess which one I'm the most excited about?

*hint* Its the one on top.

SRTtoZ

A nice little touch with gamestop is if you preorder AC3 you get the LE steel case today, its pretty nice....Not gonna open it til AC3 though.

Ragus

Banned
Are you able to save PSP games on vita? When I try to save data on Street Fighter Alpha 3, it says, that no memory card is found :(.

Just bought my Vita this weekend. Loving it so far, but I'm having a strange problem using Near: it simply cannot find my location, than it goes back to its main screen. Does anyone know the solution for this problem?

SRTtoZ

Get screenshots of The Show this instant. Thank you.

I will.

Apparently there's nasty slowdown in the Vita version. :mad:

Its not as bad as people are making it sound. Its ONLY during cutscene replays and its minor. Batting/pitching/fielding is constantly smooth.

Just bought my Vita this weekend. Loving it so far, but I'm having a strange problem using Near: it simply cannot find my location, than it goes back to its main screen. Does anyone know the solution for this problem?

The first few times I used NEAR (wifi) I had this problem. I had to go and make sure I shared my location and shared my ID and all that stuff. Just mess around in the System options.

Shtof

My Vita screen has this weird lighter area when the screen goes completely black, some in the upper right area and some in lower middle area. It is the same area that is lighter every time. Is this normal or should I opt for a replacement?

IMACOMPUTA

I left home for work an hour early and went to toys r us for the show and unit 13. Their ups shipment hadn't come yet.. so I stood around waiting since they said it should be in any second ... needless to say I waited a full hour and left empty handed. ;/

xclaw

My Vita screen has this weird lighter area when the screen goes completely black, some in the upper right area and some in lower middle area. It is the same area that is lighter every time. Is this normal or should I opt for a replacement?

Normal.

B.O.O.M

I left home for work an hour early and went to toys r us for the show and unit 13. Their ups shipment hadn't come yet.. so I stood around waiting since they said it should be in any second ... needless to say I waited a full hour and left empty handed. ;/

Any second in retailer words mean = we have no idea but hopefully it will come soon

Thanks for all the answers. How about the Pull & Go Folio, how is the case that you can detach from the Vita ? I saw the folio at Walmart and Gamestop, but the price is kind of high.
I've got the Pull N' Go from Gamestop for $30(I think). It's very nice. The zipper is a bit cheap but inside has a large pocket to store the ac adapter and there is a large section for holding cards. I haven't really examined that too much because I only have 1 game now.

It's very similar inside to the 3DS version except for the pouch that holds the Vita. The inside is microfiber. There are slots cut out on both sides for the joysticks to fit in so the screen can lay flush against the case without crushing the sticks. It's also got a string to pull the Vita up so you don't have to dig in to get it out. It's secured by velcro and the front has slots for 4 retail game cards. Overall I was impressed with how well done the pull case is over the 3DS version.

Sorry for the ignorance but UK people follow baseball?? I talk to a few people from UK but none seem to like the sport lol.

It's got a larger fanbase than people might think. Not quite as big as the NFL and NHL fanbases over here but noticable none the less. (American football gaining a ridiculous amount in recent years)

But i guess the sales when the series was released over here weren't good enough for sony. Still given its more well known & baseball has got bigger over here since then they could have at least given us a PSN release.

Are you able to save PSP games on vita? When I try to save data on Street Fighter Alpha 3, it says, that no memory card is found :(.

Darkstalkers did the same thing -- said I had no space left. Just pass the screen, go into options, and hit "Save"/turn on AutoSave-- it'll work.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dammit, I don't need to spend any more money but I'm super tempted to pick up Unit 13 or The Show tonight. Both seem like great portable games. I'm not big on baseball, but I'd like to have a sports game on my Vita and The Show is supposed to be great...Unit 13 could also fill a niche, and reviews are generally positive so far...gah, this thing is gonna bankrupt me.

Glix

Dammit, I don't need to spend any more money but I'm super tempted to pick up Unit 13 or The Show tonight. Both seem like great portable games. I'm not big on baseball, but I'd like to have a sports game on my Vita and The Show is supposed to be great...Unit 13 could also fill a niche, and reviews are generally positive so far...gah, this thing is gonna bankrupt me.

The Show is pretty hardcore... If you're not big on baseball it might be a little much for you.

Yeah, hardware wise it's probably the best Sony has made ever. It's really the PlayStation Comfortable.

If I'm honest, I tried one for the first time yesterday (waiting on my check to actually go out and get one) and I was a little less than impressed with the comfort.

The analogs are a bit small, and with the way I hold a Vita my fingers have to curl in a lot more than I'm used to so that they don't accidentally rub across the rear touchscreen. And that D-Pad is not good to me at all, it feels more like the X360 pad (but not nearly as bad as that). I really don't see why they didn't keep the PS2/PSP pad which in my mind is still the best pad made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom