• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzle24

Shipped from Amazon!

Date:February 21, 2012
Time: 07:02:40PM
Package Place:Campbellsville KY US
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

I'm in NY, so now I sit and wait...

injurai

Banned
Ill probably wait for a revision. Sticks are too close to the dpad and buttons for my fat hands :(

I doubt a revision would change the lay out like that. If anything we would get a better battery and camera. Perhaps a Super AMOLED plus display.

Digishine

Banned
Amazon shipped my Vita. But they shipped using UPS. Ugh I hate UPS.

I would love to get my stuff from amazon via UPS now I need to wait for 48 until I got mine here worst thing is the ps vita is already in my city but they going to send it to another city just to order it so they can send it back here for delivery :/

Eusis

UPS is more likely to come earlier in the day for me than later, plus they're less likely to throw over the gate than FedEx. Though my 4 GB card's coming via FedEx, at least I already have one so unless it's somehow defective I don't need to wait to use the system.
Of course now FedEx will be early while UPS comes at 3 PM or something...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Same here. Funny thing is, my free 4GB memory card shipped today but that was set on 2 day shipping, not release date shiping like my Vita. It's shipped via Ontrac (west coast shipping I think) and being delivered tomorrow. They usually deliver early in the morning vs UPS delivering late in the afternoon

I bet if I chose 2 day shipping on my Vita, I would most likely get it early in the day but now I'll have to wait all day tomorrow.

Before you got the notice what did it say for the delivery date? My order is saying the 24th.

Just had to note that your avatar is freaky as hell. It's not even that shocking, it's just...it's like the Alien/Human hybrid in Alien Resurrection level of Uuuuugh.

True Intent of This Post:

Are we seriously still waiting for an update to PSN? C'mon, I hope Grace DOES see this, this is ridiculous!

Please, Lumines gets more play time out of me than any of the 6 launch titles I bought. I played the first Lumines for 3 years. One can always find value that justifies an asking price. If you guys don't like puzzle games, dont buy it. To you it may be "just a puzzle game", to me its a game that never plays the same everytime i turn it on. Most genres can not say the same. There are genres i wouldnt touch for $10 (first person shooter) simply because i find no value ot entertainment out of it.

Like eerything in the consumer world, it all boils down to choice

I had over 300 hours played in Lumines 2. I believe I'll get my money's worth out of this new one. I still hate the price, but mainly because I know that it's just going to scare people off that might have bought it otherwise.

hitmon

For those who have the vita, does it record your playtime/activity log like the 3DS? Would be nice if it had that feature too.

CSX

Apparently for the late preorder people (me) from amazon, Estimated delivery is the 27th

and I had free 2 day shipping too...

hitmon

Do we want to see how many lost hours we rack up?

Yes, I like seeing where I've wasted my time. The end result usually surprises me. Didn't realize how much time I spent on Nintendogs so would like to see what surprise app/game on the Vita would be for me.

Fight the good fight.

In the event you have yet to play electronic symphony, prepare yourself for the best Lumines yet :(.

Oh and bring your earbuds

Tomorrow is all about Lumines for me. I can't bloody wait. My wife is a musician and has some great headphones that I'm going to steal.

About to head to Walmart. Going to be picking up my Wifi unit there. Went to Gamestop to pick up my 16gb card since WM didn't carry it. Already have Wipeout here at home, Lumines and Katamari in the mail! Really excited! :D

Seriously? Wow.

Not shocked. I called and asked if my local one where I preordered was doing a midnight launch and they gave me attitude about it. Going to try just going to a different store and picking one up, and cancelling my gamestop preorder tomorrow. I am not going to give business to someone that treats me like a subhuman for asking a simple question. I'll start shopping at a different gamestop if I want something from that company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom