• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

r.gun

Neo Member
The fact that some people are justifying the price of the games that you can get on other devices for half the price or less, yet Sony is charging as much as they are for some of the games. Usually, people that say stuff like that are "fanboys" and see Sony doing no wrong whatsoever, but reality is that some of these games are way overpriced, hence my comment...fanboy or not, you have to admit that some of them are overpriced.

Sony isn't charging those prices - it's mainly Ubisoft who are charging the ridiculous prices. Dungeon Hunter is like 7 bucks on iOS, no reason it should be a retail disc of $40. Uncharted, Wipeout, Hotshots, etc. are all fine prices imo.

The fact that some people are justifying the price of the games that you can get on other devices for half the price or less, yet Sony is charging as much as they are for some of the games. Usually, people that say stuff like that are "fanboys" and see Sony doing no wrong whatsoever, but reality is that some of these games are way overpriced, hence my comment...fanboy or not, you have to admit that some of them are overpriced.

Yep, some games are overpriced. Must have missed the folks saying they werent.

EDIT:
lol

iBuzz7S

Banned
I am all but guaranteed buying one tomorrow. Really disappointed about no video output. Would of loved to play on a TV/monitor, or even record gameplay with the PVR.

I am jealous of anyone who is not in NA and has a console. Lucky! ?=[

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not that I'm making excuses but we have millions on PS3 and tons of people about to or already jumping on Vita PSN. I hope Sony bolstered the servers a little.

Ricky_R

vitaj.jpg

MAiKU

Neo Member
So lets say i got one screen protector for now, but then later down the line i decide to get the hori one. How easy is it to remove screen protectors? I've applied them but never removed them before. Is it recommended that i just don't ever remove the screen protector?

Ken

So lets say i got one screen protector for now, but then later down the line i decide to get the hori one. How easy is it to remove screen protectors? I've applied them but never removed them before. Is it recommended that i just don't ever remove the screen protector?
You stick a piece of scotch tape to one end and pull it off. Then you clean the screen again and reapply your new one.

Hawk269

Sony isn't charging those prices - it's mainly Ubisoft who are charging the ridiculous prices. Dungeon Hunter is like 7 bucks on iOS, no reason it should be a retail disc of $40. Uncharted, Wipeout, Hotshots, etc. are all fine prices imo.

I agree...the prices for the games you listed are fine, with Uncharted being $39.99 at TRU. Stuff like Dungeon Hunter and Luminious (sp) are to me overpriced for the games they are.

Ken

http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2012/02/happy-602x400.jpg[/IG]

This kid was first in line at the London launch, lol.

Here's some more pics from OPM [url]http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/02/22/ps-vita-eu-launch-night/[/url][/QUOTE]What if he comes home and finds the shoulder buttons broken?

Darko

Online play works excellent over 3g hotspot.. Just had a doubles match in vt4 (with party voice chat) while on the bus home :)

Online play works excellent over 3g hotspot.. Just had a doubles match in vt4 (with party voice chat) while on the bus home :)

So you played online over a 3G network? From what I posted earlier in this thread, 3G gaming is definitely doable if you're in a good spot with good 3G coverage (like you seemed to be) and if you're not playing fighters or twitchy shooters like Unreal Tournament.

I really thought the Vita itself would block you if you tried to play online while on 3G though.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So you played online over a 3G network? From what I posted earlier in this thread, 3G gaming is definitely doable if you're in a good spot with good 3G coverage (like you seemed to be) and if you're not playing fighters or twitchy shooters like Unreal Tournament.

I really thought the Vita itself would block you if you tried to play online while on 3G though.

He said he was using a 3G hotspot. (tethering his vita)

JohngPR

I'm at work right now, first thing tomorrow morning I'll be hitting up PSN on my PS3 when I get home to download all of the different apps in preparation for my Vita. :)

My UPS guy comes three different times around noon, around 3, and around 7. I REALLY hope it'll be around noon this time.

Forgive my ignorance with technology so heres a dumb question: I have an Iphone4S with data plan, ill be getting a Wifi Vita tomorrow (wifi is the only model available for Canada), is there a way to get online on the Vita using my Iphone's 3G? Again forgive the ignorance in these matters.

Forgive my ignorance with technology so heres a dumb question: I have an Iphone4S with data plan, ill be getting a Wifi Vita tomorrow (wifi is the only model available for Canada), is there a way to get online on the Vita using my Iphone's 3G? Again forgive the ignorance in these matters.

Just check the WiFi hotspot option on your iPhone 4S's settings, then connect to it using PS Vita's WiFi settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom