• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flunkie

Banned
I used a screen protector on the original PSP. From then on I couldn't use them. If you take care of your gadgets enough and get a decent enough case, there's no sense in masking the beautiful screens companies are producing today.

Darko

I used a screen protector on the original PSP. From then on I couldn't use them. If you take care of your gadgets enough and get a decent enough case, there's no sense in masking the beautiful screens companies are producing today.

DOnt have one on mine.. I keep it in my FEB case when im not using it... But I think I need one because Im getting tired of wiping fingerprints off the screen every 5 mins

PHEW! For a moment I thought Netflix froze my Vita. It turns out though that it's just frighteningly slow.

better then nothing... the menus are slow but as soon as you play the movie its all good :)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Cross-play should be the former.

The latter is called "Buy-once-play-everywhere" or "Buy-once-play-on-both" in the PS Blog.

New "story" (i use the term loosely since it's obviously not a narrative-focused game), new levels and locations, new mechanics (some using touch and tilt for more puzzle-oriented sections) that I think are nicely done and unobtrusive, etc. It's easily worth the 8 bucks if you like 2D platformers at all.

Online on Vita. PS3 version is.....looks like free currently. Maybe it's just free on Vita too. Grab it!

Oh my god. I'm willing to spend enough money on this machine to sustain the business for an entire year. SHIP DAMMIT, SHIIIIIIIIIP.

What do you lose with a factory reset? I hate not being able to use near after that patch last night.

Sync your trophies! They will disappear if you don't because they are saved locally on the Vita. If you don't sync it, factory reset will delete them.

Other than that, I only had wallpapers to deal with.

Just don't choose to format the memory card.

Snowballo

Demo from japanese PSN

I'm a PAL user.

1. How could I get the Gravity Daze Demo? I think I've to follow the tutorial made by IGN to change my profile to a japanese one right?

2. Doing that, let's say I download the demo. As I change the profile from Japanese one to European one, I'll lose the demo right?

3. Is it usefull to have 2 memory cards to do the trick or it doens't change anything?

Thanks.

Gustav

Banned
Demo from japanese PSN

I'm a PAL user.

1. How could I get the Gravity Daze Demo? I think I've to follow the tutorial made by IGN to change my profile to a japanese one right?

2. Doing that, let's say I download the demo. As I change the profile from Japanese one to European one, I'll lose the demo right?

3. Is it usefull to have 2 memory cards to do the trick or it doens't change anything?

Thanks.

1. Japanese or HK account. HK account is in English.

2. Yes.

3. No. There is no benefit for using two cards.

-Can you delete demos from the VITA menu?.
-How do you turn off the blue light on the PS button?. It's all the time with the light on and I don't have any notification.

Ken

Sync your trophies! They will disappear if you don't because they are saved locally on the Vita. If you don't sync it, factory reset will delete them.

Other than that, I only had wallpapers to deal with.

Just don't choose to format the memory card.

Alright, so how do I factory reset it?

M.W.

-Can you delete demos from the VITA menu?.
-How do you turn off the blue light on the PS button?. It's all the time with the light on and I don't have any notification.

Hold the icon for a few seconds, select delete.

As for the blue light, I think it's always on.

If you get a good screen protector, they can be so invisible that you won't even know it's there. The problem is that the majority of screen protectors are terrible.

I got a Realook brand screen protector for my Galaxy S II, and I've had people ask me why I don't have a screen protector on my phone. They are surprised when I tell them I have one because it's crystal clear. Hopefully that brand or a similarly good one makes one for Vita.

Noirulus

IMPRESSIONS ON VITA FROM THOSE WHO ALSO GOT THE PSP AT LAUNCH

How do you compare your first-time experience between the two? Also, how heavy is the Vita compared to the PSP-1000?

raven777

Demo from japanese PSN

I'm a PAL user.

Thanks.

1. JP store has japanese demo, HK store has english demo

2. No, if you don't format the memory card, you can keep the demos and play them in different accounts. However, there are certain demos that are locked to the account.

3. I thought it would, but I switched with 1 memory card and it worked just fine.

How do you compare your first-time experience between the two? Also, how heavy is the Vita compared to the PSP-1000?

The Vita feels lighter to me. The Vita is a gorgeous device but I was more impressed with the PSP at first sight. Reason being smart phone screens have desensitized me from being amazed by new screens. I will say again the Vita is gorgeous. I was also impressed how fantastic the touch screen was. Almost as good as te iPhone in terms of not having a delay. I have the 3DS and the Vita really makes the 3DS hardware feel a generation behind in ter
S of pure asthetics.

mebizzle

I've had mine for a week since I got the FEB, but I have to say that it's absolutely magical. I thought the PSP was something else when I took it home that night but the Vita absolutely blew me away.

In terms of the weight, it's qutie a bit lighter but still has that sturdy feeling that the later revisions lacked.

Paznos

Vita is in my city already, now I wait for it to be delivered tomorrow morning I hope but knowing UPS it will be late afternoon/evening.

Who is NOT going to use a screen protector? I've never used a screen protector on any handheld device(DS, PSP, iPhone 4, iPad 2) and all of my screens are in perfect condition. I have cases for everything when I'm not using them, and I've never had a problem before. Why would it be any different with Vita? I'm trying to convince myself I don't need one, and I suck at putting them on anyways.

I never use sceen protectors either. Bareback all the way!!

If anything is going to reduce the life of this baby it's the analog sticks. I bet mine will fail from heavy use after a few years. My dualshocks tend to last me 2-3.years before one of the sticks become faulty.

By the way, is it just me or is Vita's touchscreen a bit too sensitive. At times my finger is just floating on the menu/buttons and I am not even touching it when Vita senses it that I have touched it. Very annoying at times especially when I am in an accept/decline scenario and it thinks I declined it just cause I had my finger floating an inch from the screen.

sun-drop

In three weeks...

kazhirai-audreycleofacouk5.jpg

facebook, twitter, 4square, etc are all up on the nz store

no netflix for us tho :( ..... i'll be needing a cheep 2nd 4gb card i think

- J - D -

You can do Vita screen captures in Netflix, fyi!

Looks about what I expected, in terms of layout. Similar to what's available elsewhere.

ZSEaH.jpg

ojGqu.jpg

vaZGO.jpg

BHySs.jpg

DKlLd.jpg

MarkusRJR

I'm so pumped to play some Corpse Party. If only the Vita could download faster. :p

I'm going to pick up another $20 card to buy Super Stardust Delta tomorrow. I've also decided i'm going handheld only this generation. :D

I'm so pumped to play some Corpse Party. If only the Vita could download faster. :p

I'm going to pick up another $20 card to buy Super Stardust Delta tomorrow. I've also decided i'm going handheld only this generation. :D

Ha, that was one of the first games I played, too. Finished it today, actually.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
By the way, is it just me or is Vita's touchscreen a bit too sensitive. At times my finger is just floating on the menu/buttons and I am not even touching it when Vita senses it that I have touched it. Very annoying at times especially when I am in an accept/decline scenario and it thinks I declined it just cause I had my finger floating an inch from the screen.

Yes it is. Happens to me too all the time, wish there was some way to adjust the sensitivity but I'd imagine that can't be done.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I only have 3 retail games and just downloaded the 3 augmented reality games and I'm really sick of all the icons on the screen. I want folders and a non-busy UI option.

Hawk269

My gamestop is down the street from me, about a 5 min walk...just called and they have about 10 people waiting...they expect a few more closer to midnight. I did not reserve one, but they have extras of both versions. Beleive it or not, even with me buying 3 games from Target today and reading and posting in this thread all day....Im actually not sure if I should pull the trigger now....

Not sure what is holding me back other than feeling buyers remorse since it is a big chunk of change..$300 for the system, $96 in 3 games, still need carrying case, screen protector and car charge. All said and done, it might be close $480 with tax for a handheld system.

Damn..not sure what to do..it looks really great...I do have the money, so it is not like I am going to be living off of noodles for a while, it is just an expensive investment..but damn does it look sexy. I need some quick help here Gaf..what do I do?

darkwing

My gamestop is down the street from me, about a 5 min walk...just called and they have about 10 people waiting...they expect a few more closer to midnight. I did not reserve one, but they have extras of both versions. Beleive it or not, even with me buying 3 games from Target today and reading and posting in this thread all day....Im actually not sure if I should pull the trigger now....

Not sure what is holding me back other than feeling buyers remorse since it is a big chunk of change..$300 for the system, $96 in 3 games, still need carrying case, screen protector and car charge. All said and done, it might be close $480 with tax for a handheld system.

Damn..not sure what to do..it looks really great...I do have the money, so it is not like I am going to be living off of noodles for a while, it is just an expensive investment..but damn does it look sexy. I need some quick help here Gaf..what do I do?

demo the real thing and decide

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Are the Hori screen protectors or the protectors that protect the whole front any good?

They have reviews on Play-Asia but not all good.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Go for it. You won't regret it at all. It's an amazing system.

Bumhead

Banned
HAPPY VITA DAY EVERYONE.

For the second day in a row, I will be sat on the sofa not so patiently awaiting a delivery van to turn up with mine. Hope today is the day!

-Wow. When I look at this thing all I can say is "What a cool device". It's build and screen quality give it a wow factor that I did not experience with my 3DS.

-The setup(system update, transferring data from PS3, 3G setup) has been pretty smooth so far. The only hiccup was an error that occurred when copying a file from the

PS3. Recopying the file allowed it to transfer over.

-The Rayman Origins demo is fun ans visually appealing. I didn't expect to like this game but now I may buy it.

-Hot Shots plays well but looks meh. I expected much more in the graphical department but it won't stop me from enjoying the game.

Anyway, it's a positive experience so far and I look forward to seeing more of you guys' impressions.

Without a doubt, the PSP was more technologically amazing for it's time.

Vita feels lighter to me, but it may be because the weight is spread out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom