• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please re-confirm that importing an American Vita to Australia will cause no problems when it comes to DLC, online passes, PSN games, memory cards etc.

I can save $100 and have the cursor hovering over 'buy'. What say you GAF?

sun-drop

this may bode well for getting netflix working via a non US account ....

aslong as my vita is on my VPN'd wifi .......... wishful thinking but i guess vita doesn't hav any vpn settings in it's network menu does it?

ah ...but apart from the trophies.... you could actually play uncharted via the JP account?

i wonder if that means it would not let you play online if the game in question had a online mode ...

at least demos work ..

retail games are not tied to your PSN account.. they have different rules. I didn't buy digital uncharted..

Cookie18

Can someone please re-confirm that importing an American Vita to Australia will cause no problems when it comes to DLC, online passes, PSN games, memory cards etc.

I can save $100 and have the cursor hovering over 'buy'. What say you GAF?

So long as you are using an Australian account if you want Australian content then you are fine. 3G functionality may not work if you go for a 3G but the WiFi one will be completely compatible.

Sintoid

Morning Gaf!
Amazon shipment opinion is needed here ^_^
Tracking says Vita will be delivered today to my address... Is it a reliable forecast in your opinion or it depends mostly on the carrier?

Please tell me Amazon don't lie to me :(

sun-drop

I think it is affected in terms of full versions of games.. When I started the uncharted game from my JP account (started with my US account) it was able to load my save, but I got a notification that said I couldn't earn trophies. I don't know if that is because I forgot to sync them or if it was an account issue.

Using that method for demos, I'm not seeing any problems with operation.

my JPN and UK demos seem perfectly happy to coexist on my memory card with my US demos and games.

edit - Also, of course sony would tell you that you need another memory card.. they have to be making a killing on those. To be fair, it does ask to format your card when you do a "restore" on the Vita.. but it works fine with telling it "No"

what happens if you start a NEW game of uncharted , on the JP account ...maybe the trophy warning was only because the save you loaded was off the US account ....

DCharlie

Banned
Ninja gaiden looks a lot better after you tinker with the contrast/brightness settings - here it is with the settings "fiddled" with :

ngc1.jpg

ngc2.jpg

ngc3.jpg

ngc4.jpg

ngc5.jpg

ngc6.jpg

ngc7.jpg

ngc8.jpg

ngc9.jpg

FreeMufasa

Anyone from the UK with an Amazon order recieve theirs yet? Took the day off but I'm scared of going anywhere since I have no idea when it'll arrive.

Cookie18

Morning Gaf!
Amazon shipment opinion is needed here ^_^
Tracking says Vita will be delivered today to my address... Is it a reliable forecast in your opinion or it depends mostly on the carrier?

Please tell me Amazon don't lie to me :(

I only have experience with Amazon UK (not sure which you're referring to) but from the thousands of things that I have ordered I don't believe I have ever had one arrive late. With Amazon 90% of the time when they give a delivery estimate it arrives on or before that estimate.

metalshade

MORNING GAF.

Sat waiting for delivery man

*twiddles thumbs*

Are Tesco sending it out via their own vans, or postal service for you?
My Amazon order will be coming thru Royalmail, trouble is our postman doesnt ever turn up before 13:00, so I keep myself busy with housework lol, gotta keep the wife sweet!

sun-drop

retail games are not tied to your PSN account.. they have different rules. I didn't buy digital uncharted..

ah ...sorry ... yeh i meant PSN games ...

bugger. have you brought any psn games?

meh, i'll be getting wipeout off my local store so i guess i'll just see if i can get it working via my US account ...

So long as you are using an Australian account if you want Australian content then you are fine. 3G functionality may not work if you go for a 3G but the WiFi one will be completely compatible.

So setting my US Vita to all the Australian options will cause no problems?

Can I still play games from the US if I do that?

EDIT: And getting a 32GB memory card from he US won't cause problems will it?

Cookie18

Anyone from the UK with an Amazon order recieve theirs yet? Took the day off but I'm scared of going anywhere since I have no idea when it'll arrive.

Be sure to post when it does arrive. I, no doubt along with a few others, am wondering the same thing.

So setting my US Vita to all the Australian options will cause no problems?

Can I still play games from the US if I do that?

EDIT: And getting a 32GB memory card form the US won't cause problems will it?

If you put an Australian account on your Vita then there may be some network problems with US games but nothing that nobody else wouldn't experience with the games.

Cards are also region free so you wouldn't have any problems on that front either.

Number45

The US store has already been updated. No RC
Removing all of those languages doesn't happen overnight. :p

Table Soccer tutorial is broken.

It says to Zoom in. I did, like literally to the point where the AR card is against the camera. No prompt to continue. Can't play it. LOL
What's the light like where you're testing? Any kind of AR I've messed with before (PS3/3DS) has required me to be within the atmosphere of the sun for it to work.

Be sure to post when it does arrive. I, no doubt along with a few others, am wondering the same thing.
I actually had the foresight to have mine delivered to work, so hopefully it'll appear some time this morning. Games and case all delivered to home though.

I don't know what to believe anymore.
Don't know if there's been a proper technical analysis or not? Have tweeted DF, let's see if they know/bother to respond.

Kryptonic

I didn't think I was going to get the Vita, at least not at launch, but I just pulled the trigger at Amazon for the wifi version w/ 32gb card, uncharted, lumines, and rayman. Also filled out the form to trade in my PSPGo to Amazon so that should help soften the blow...

full version PSN games are a no-go.. it asks to re-download if you're not signed in with the account that downloaded it.

retail games from another region won't give you trophies, but will let you play. (New game or continue)

Pachimari

I'm going out to buy a 4GB memory card, I can't wait for this, need to get reviews up.
Then if Lockerz don't send the 32GB today, I'll cancel. And try PlanetAxel again, as they at least replied my email.

I think the first game I'm gonna play i Reality Fighters.

FreeMufasa

My Amazon order will be coming thru Royalmail, trouble is our postman doesnt ever turn up before 13:00, so I keep myself busy with housework lol, gotta keep the wife sweet!

Really? Well that's a fuck up. Kind of worried if it's jumbled up with normal post now. Our postman consistently sends the wrong post.

But that's a little strange, I bought a £20 headset last week and it was delivered by 8am.

Hyuga

Banned
Only a few hours.... only a few hours (maybe 2).
Come on.....!
Soon, I will hold it in my hands.
(UPS is delivering it. Maybe in 2 hours :)! )

I'm going out to buy a 4GB memory card, I can't wait for this, need to get reviews up.
Then if Lockerz don't send the 32GB today, I'll cancel. And try PlanetAxel again, as they at least replied my email.

I think the first game I'm gonna play i Reality Fighters.
Maybe buy a 32GB from a local store to use for now, then once the Lockerz order comes in, return that 32GB to the store.

Unless that's against the law or something?... Then forget my suggestion.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I haven't been keeping up with the whole memory card ordeal yet I still plan to buy a system next week. Can someone explain to me why I heard its one psn account to a memory card? Is this true?

Yuripaw

Banned
Gotta say, those Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus screens don't really impress that much. In fact, it's kinda sad because they make the game look worse than I remember the original Ninja Gaiden did on the Xbox. Just some really rough edges on the whole look of it from the screenshots.

What's the light like where you're testing? Any kind of AR I've messed with before (PS3/3DS) has required me to be within the atmosphere of the sun for it to work.

Super bright.

It sees the "field" just fine, it actually zooms in and stuff. The tutorial itself won't skip to the next step though

Liamario

Banned
You can buy it and find out for yourself then. I'm very aware when a game isn't 60, and this is easily 30. It's a sharp looking game, regardless.

I'll take your word for it. I wasn't sure whether you were messing with our heads or not. Not buying if it's only 30fps. Would have preferred to take a graphical hit than sacrifice frames.

Cookie18

I haven't been keeping up with the whole memory card ordeal yet I still plan to buy a system next week. Can someone explain to me why I heard its one psn account to a memory card? Is this true?

That's true but it's more of a case of one account per Vita. In order to switch accounts you have to factory reset the Vita.

I believe during the switching accounts process it also tries to format the memory card.

aro52

Thoroughly enjoyed the 'Unit 13' demo! I was interested before, but it's an instant Day 1 download now. Controls feel great, and I can really see myself replaying those missions over and over again; playing them with different styles. For example, in the demo mission, I played it first, as stealthy as possible, and then played a 2nd time through guns blazing. Both times were super fun, in their own ways!

The AR games were just "meh". Probably enjoyed the diving one the most. The table soccer one got stuck at the "lob pass tutorial" section, and wouldn't accept my input as a correct one. The Fireworks one was the simplest of the 3, and was easy enough to mess with, but got boring quickly. I'll retry the table soccer one tomorrow in better lighting.

Hustle Kings was surprisingly fun. I never did pick up the PS3 version, but now I'm strongly thinking of getting the Vita version. (which will net me the PS3 version anyways!)

Oh, and since I hadn't previous bought FIFA, I finally gave it a go tonight, thanks to the new demo. The 'back touch' goal-aiming-shooting thing is definitely really cool! However, with all the other games I have to play, and not being the biggest soccer/football fan around, I can't justify paying EA $40 for it right now.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That's true but it's more of a case of one account per Vita. In order to switch accounts you have to factory reset the Vita.

I believe during the switching accounts process it also tries to format the memory card.

So if I have saves, and games on one memory card and try to upgrade to a larger one I'm essentially fucked?

Rootbeer

Banned
I work nights and am at work. I have to rush home when I get off at 8am and hope the delivery man does not come super early. Our house is gated and they won't leave packages unless someone is there. I'm hopeful and excited.

Cookie18

So if I have saves, and games on one memory card and try to upgrade to a larger one I'm essentially fucked?

No, you can back saves and what not up to your PS3 or computer if you wanted to get a bigger memory card at some point. You can upgrade memory cards but can't use different accounts easily.

Going off this thread, Play are going to get many angry phone calls today!

http://community.eu.playstation.com...ussion/play-com-PS-VITA/td-p/15128957/page/41

Ouch! I am very glad I didn't switch my order. My trust in Amaozon has prevailed!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'll take your word for it. I wasn't sure whether you were messing with our heads or not. Not buying if it's only 30fps. Would have preferred to take a graphical hit than sacrifice frames.

Exactly the reason I didn't buy it after playing it. It just doesn't feel the same after playing NGSB for so long.

OMG OMG OMG OMG Amazon just sent me and Email with a 20 dollar credit for ordering the Vita. Says since the vitas now offer a 4 gb stick that I got the credit. CHECK YOUR EMAILS (US)

Edit: only good towards vita games and accessories :( I saw me buying mass effect 3 for 20 bucks..have a 20 psn card...was going to buy another one :(

SToRM

Yesss, just received an email that I will get my Vita today :D
The game Reality Fighters will be send to me afterwards.

Snowballo

@Raven77

I wrote you in pvt. Anyway I post here.

Today I'm getting Pal PS Vita + 16GB memory card.
You told me that you can keep 3 different accounts on the same memory card.
That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Could you explain to me how to do that and what's the result you get?
Do you mean that, without messing around, you can have for example Fifa PAL demo and Virtua Tennis JAP demo on the same memory card and access to them both without loosing time?

Thanks so much!

metalshade

Really? Well that's a fuck up. Kind of worried if it's jumbled up with normal post now. Our postman consistently sends the wrong post.

But that's a little strange, I bought a £20 headset last week and it was delivered by 8am.
Tell me about it.
We live at the end of a close, and we regularly get the post for the same number house, but in the next close across from us, and they often get our post, and because we live at the end of the close at the end of his round, any post he hasnt put thru the right door, he puts thru ours. We have had to drive clear across town several times to deliver peoples post to them ourselves.
And never before 1.
Very very frustrating I can tell you!!
Royalmail are useless, and Amazon doesnt even provide tracking for my £230 worth of stuff!

Carl

I sent them an email and they said it's coming by TNT

A tracking number would have been nice, though

syoaran

Quick question Gaffers:

I created a new PSN account this week and input my pre-order code for the discounted downloadable content - but I've still not got my email.... Is this because I have not attached hardware prior to submitting the code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom