• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS1 on PSP reminds me why I skipped that generation...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Speevy said:
Any console that boasts of the largest library of games will statistically have the most crap ones. Never was this truer than the NES.

Still some excellent games but now the honeymoons over and I'm wading through loads of C grade titles to find something decent to play.

If you could pick only two totally different titles from the library what would you choose? I'd go with Super Mario Brothers and The Legend of Zelda.

Would I be a terrible human being if I chose Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Ghostbusters? :lol

PolyGone

Banned
replicashooter said:
Any console that boasts of the largest library of games will statistically have the most crap ones. Never was this truer than the PS1.

Still some excellent games but now the honeymoons over and I'm wading through loads of C grade titles to find something decent to play.

If you could pick only two totally different titles from the library what would you choose? I'd go with FFVII and Einhander.

I could easily pick 30-50 games, so... this is just stupid.

Starfire

That's kinda weird, because it's just reminding me what I loved about the PS1. The PSP is the only place I can play my ps1 games nowadays that they don't feel quite as outdated. I went through some of my collection earlier on sort of a nostalgia trip before I bought my PS3, and felt largely the same way. But on the PSP, for some reason it's like playing all the old classics for the first time again.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
TheTrin said:
Would I be a terrible human being if I chose Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Ghostbusters? :lol
I'm taking back your right to talk shit about me.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
If you ignore the totally 3D stuff, there's a ton of stuff. Many (good) titles never came to the US.

Steroyd

Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3
Final Fantasy VII - IX
Breath of Fire 3 & 4
Castlevania SOTN
Dino Crisis
Parasite Eve 2
Grandia
Tekken 3

Games I never tried but want.

Parrappa the Rappa
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story

So let me get this straight, you want people to tell you what games to pirate because you're too lazy to do some research...

Steroyd

MickeyKnox said:
So let me get this straight, you want people to tell you what games to pirate because you're too lazy to do some research...

He's complaining about 10 year old reviews which is the basis of his decsions to which PS1 games to get on the PSP.

Metal Gear Solid: A really fun game with a strange ending.

Lunar Silver Star Story: The voice acting my be a little off, but the battle system was interesting.

Megaman Legends: :)

Thounsand Arms: Being stuck in the damn ghost forrest for 1 month sucks :lol . Also, it took me 3-4 times just to be the final boss.

Parasite Eve 1: Didn't understand the ending ;_;

:lol Sorry for posting more then two PS1 games. Does anyone know Snakes "real" name? Was it Paul something?

Speevy

Banned
MickeyKnox said:

Yep. That's exactly what this thread is about. I'm not sure why it's still open.

vectorman06 said:
Metal Gear Solid: A really fun game with a strange ending.
Does anyone know Snakes "real" name? Was it Paul something?
David.

Metal Gear Solid- Fantastic game, that's all that can be said.
Resident Evil 2- Best RE on the PS1 and second best in the series.
Silent Hill- Still good and scary.

And all three have spawned fantastic sequels.

Speevy

Banned
vectorman06 said:
Since when did this thread turn into a pirate games thread?

Since it opened. Read the title and the first post. He never owned a PS1, and wants to play PS1 games on his PSP. All he needs now is suggestions from people. It's pretty transparent.

Kittonwy

Banned
TOMARUNNER VS. L'ARC EN CIEL!!!
angry.gif

RumFore

Banned
Speevy said:
Since it opened. Read the title and the first post. He never owned a PS1, and wants to play PS1 games on his PSP. All he needs now is suggestions from people. It's pretty transparent.

Exactly what I was thinking. He is full of shit and probably was like 5 when the PS1 was out.

Speevy said:

He/She should just go to Gamestop or Ebay and find some cheap PS1 games. Hell, I manage to find Xenogears at Gamestop.

If you aren't an RPG fanboy Wipeout XL is the only valid answer I will accept...

<Resisting urge to mention Sega Saturn and how it was temporarily winning if not for Sega's utter incompetence>

Gattsu25

Banned
replicashooter said:
Any console that boasts of the largest library of games will statistically have the most crap ones. Never was this truer than the PS1.

If you could pick only two totally different titles from the library what would you choose? I'd go with FFVII and Einhander.
...and some posters continue to justify always choosing the losing consoles...

replicashooter said:

You skipped out on the ps1 years? holy cow man..you must not be into videogames a WHOLE LOT.

ghibli99 said:
Klonoa
MotorToon Grand Prix 2

I came back explicitly to mention this since no one else did but I guess I was covered.

The NES and SNES IMO easily match the PSX for must haves, if not exceed them.

Brofist

If anything you have at your disposal countless lists on GAF and other websites documenting what games are great and what games suck for the PS1. If anything you should have it easier, not harder. Also games are cheap as hell now, so you're probably gonna get burned less by crap games if you do buy one. But hey whatever.

So your judging old games with current standards and are telling us those games suck. Suuure.

Chances are that when having not skipped the PS1 generation, those games wouldn't have sucked for you.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Resident Evil 2.

Oh crap at the other one...So many choices...Silent Hill, SOTN, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Valkyrie Profile, MGS, Einhander, FFVII, FFVIII, Vagrant Story, FFTactics...FFTactics.

Yep. Resident Evil 2 and FFTactics for the win.

fmcato

Vigilante 8
The Lost World

Basically, get lost. Don't try that approach when asking for good PSX games that aged well.

Not quite sure when someones guilt about piracy placed a taint on my thread, but hey such is life.

Thanks for those that have suggested some excellent titles, at a average price of a tenner a pop it sure beats buying UMDs.

Barry Lightning said:
i honestly feel bad for anyone that "missed" the ps1 generation of games.

Being young is about going out, getting toasted and laid - The PS1 wasn't exactly at the top of my list of things to do.

BojTrek

Banned
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus

Oh, and who can forget in rain games in NFL Gameday... when you put a big hit on and BOOM went the thunder...

Speevy

Banned
replicashooter said:
Not quite sure when someones guilt about piracy placed a taint on my thread, but hey such is life.

Guilt? It's in the terms of service, genius. You don't give impressions of pirated games. Ever. You don't ask about what roms to download. Ever.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Internal Section
Star Ocean: The Second Story

PS1 >>> PS2 and PS1/Sat/N64 generation >>> PS2/Xbox/GC generation

MoxManiac

Speevy said:

You don't need a PS1 to rip PS1 games for PSP. How do you know he won't purchase games to rip?

replicashooter said:

oh jeez not this guy again :(

Anyone remember his PS2 shovelware graph? :lol That's all he complains about

Top Bottom