• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Controller + Accesories Priced (surprise!!) Pics Inside

mr_nothin

Banned
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/061003.pdf
Sixaxis Playstation 3 Controller = 5,000 Yen including tax (US - $39.99) est
Available on Nov. 11
h-103_61151_ps3003.jpg.jpg

PS1/PS2 Memory Card Adaptor = 1,500 Yen including tax (US - $12.99) est
Available on Nov. 11
h10361173adopterjpgio3.jpg

Playstation 3 Remote Control = 3,600 Yen including tax (US - $29.99) est
available December 7

h-103_61151_ps3004.jpg.jpg

h10361173rimoconjpgrn9.jpg

NOICE!!

Those Prices include tax also
Im also guessing that "No Rumble" is set in stone now. With prices like that, i dont think they could include rumble.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
sweet.
wireless controller for 40 bucks, not bad.
ps2 memory card adaptor 15 bucks, no bad.
ps3 remote 30 bucks, not bad.

i'm happy, nothing overly expensive. :)
though I thought they would announce this at their oct 19th gamers day event.

AniHawk

Really? $40? They could've made it $35 or $30.

Oh well. Still a better deal than Microsoft's ridiculous $50 controllers (or Nintendo's outrageous $60 ones).

fse

AniHawk said:

Oh well. Still a better deal than Microsoft's ridiculous $50 controllers (or Nintendo's outrageous $60 ones).

they have rumble though :eek:

hadareud

The Translator
Borys said:
/ notices the smears on PS3s

Damn it. It catches dirt like pig.
I've noticed that too on almost all the pictures.

considering these pictures come from shows this doesn't fill me with confidence on how the PS3 will catch dirt and dust at home.

AniHawk said:

Nintendo's $40 and $20 peripheral (Although it is an essential item!!)
Plus Nintendo has a damn speaker in their's!!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Quite reasonable, although I won't smile until Sony releases the euro prices.

BTW, do we know if we can use any other Bluetooth remote with the PS3? I was thinking on getting one of those ginormous all in one.

Grayman

Those are very acceptable prices. although with wireless I don't know if I'll get the remote this go around. With ps2 it kinda helped especially with parents who weren't so savvy. They had problems if I just unplugged the receiver for the remote. I'll get the remote if it has features that the onscreen menu doesn't(faster scanning was one on the ps2 i think)

Sean said:
It's bluetooth, you can see the bluetooth logo on this image (right under the keys):

Bleh, how crappy. That means you can't use a universal remote with the PS3. My one remote setup just went to two. I was hoping for an IR dongle instead of Bluetooth.

Grayman

DefectiveReject said:
Nintendo's $40 and $20 peripheral (Although it is an essential item!!)
Plus Nintendo has a damn speaker in their's!!
I'm not really into paying 20 dollars to add a speaker, remove an analog stick, have pointer aiming, less buttons that aren't pressure sensitive, and buy more batteries(?)

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
If a Litium battery is included with the SixAxis I have to say that this is the best controller ever, Nintendo have disappointed me thanks to the use of Battery Packs in the Wiimote.

Can you use the Dual Shock 2 on PS3? Does it have any controller ports? Sucks if it doesn't, cause it would mean no rumble in backward compatible games either.

AniHawk

Grayman said:
I'm not really into paying 20 dollars to add a speaker, remove an analog stick, have pointer aiming, less buttons that aren't pressure sensitive, and buy more batteries(?)

Hey, the wandchuks are overpriced, but there's a lot more to them than the sixaxis.

Naked Snake said:
Can you use the Dual Shock 2 on PS3? Does it have any controller ports? Sucks if it doesn't, cause it would mean no rumble in backward compatible games either.
Just figured this out, huh?

Grayman said:

Have full motion sensing, vibration, IR, more functionality (pressing a button and using motions increases each buttons use exponentially), Speaker oh and good luck using the motion sensing of the PS3 with two hands

And how have they removed an analogue stick when you don’t need it in the first place as you have full motion control!??

vissione said:
Why are there so many buttons on that remote? It has more buttons than my TV remote does. :(

I think with wireless controllers and my PSP I won't need the remote. Too bad the memory card reader didn't allow for regular PS2 peripherals to be plugged in like the Tekken 5 arcade stick. Looks like I have to buy new stuff.

Still don't know if bluetooth headsets work or even if the PS2 headset works. =/

It doesn't have that many buttons. It has the standard transport controls, it has a numerical numbers, it has all the PS3 controller buttons, a directional pad and a couple extra specific buttons probably like Menu, Audio, Subtitles, etc. It's sorta lacking buttons if anything.

Red Scarlet

I'm glad that the memcard thing isn't $40. $12.99 will be easy to digest. Is it PS1 or PS2 or both? Or can you use PS1 saves on a PS2 card with the converter to save on the PS3?

edit: Oh, it says PS1 and PS2 up there. Neato.

seanoff

the remote has most of the controller keys.

does it have motion sensing??? :lol

that would be the ultimate for me. i'd laugh for a week

jarosh said:
i can't get over how ugly it is. jesus christ it's SO UGLY. what were they thinking?

Eh are you serious? It's pretty straight forward and standard Sony design in remotes. I tend to like their basic look compared to what other companies do. Heck look at how ugly RCA remotes are which is exactly what the Xbox remote was.

Top Bottom