• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Controller + Accesories Priced (surprise!!) Pics Inside

Rhindle

In other news, the UI still = lame PSP transplant.

h-103_61151_ps3006.jpg.jpg

lexy

Zenith said:
Do the aesthetics of the remote control really mean that much to you? How many of you even need to buy one?

It's Sony. People gotta complain about something. Haters gonna hate no matter what they do.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
lexy said:
It's Sony. People gotta complain about something. Haters gonna hate no matter what they do.
People come over my house all the time and complement me on how sexy looking my remote is. Not trying to brag, it's just I get it all the time.

:lol

Seems they announced a new psp pack.

PSP Bonus Pack for 19 October, no price though. Inside:
- PSP
- 1 GB MEMORY stick pro duo
- stretcher loop
- USB cable
- Stand
- Power Pack
- Akku (Case?)

061003_pspj10004a.jpg
061003_pspj10005a.jpg

061003_pspj10004b.jpg
061003_pspj10005b.jpg

PS3 game prices sound good (6000Y 1st party sound awesome). Hope that means 60€ tops in Europe, but I doubt it.

jarosh

lexy said:
i see an ugly remote i say it's an ugly f*cking remote. period. i DO NOT f*cking care AT ALL who made it or what fanboy i'm insulting with my comment.
what's the big deal?

Zalasta

I think people enjoy setting themselves up for disappointment. For everyone's sake I hope those prices are right for the US, otherwise, get ready for a thread full of Sony backlashing...

jarosh

Zalasta said:
I think people enjoy setting themselves up for disappointment. For everyone's sake I hope those prices are right for the US, otherwise, get ready for a thread full of Sony backlashing...
haha. of course the prices aren't right. if they were the wiimote + nunchuck would cost $45.

Wollan

With that said, I guess we can relax knowing PS3 games and accessories will be at a X360 level. A relief for the games as there was always a chance they were going to charge more due to Blu-ray.

jarosh said:
i see an ugly remote i say it's an ugly f*cking remote. period. i DO NOT f*cking care AT ALL who made it or what fanboy i'm insulting with my comment.
what's the big deal?

I agree with Jarosh.

What the **** were they thinking!? That remote is absolutely awful. It's not retro cool, it's just retro shit.

jjasper

If those conversions hold out, they will be fairly resonable. I was expecting at least $20 for the adaptor, and $50 for the controller.

Amir0x

Banned
i never end up buying a remote so that doesn't matter to me, even if it did attractiveness is not really an issue i care about in terms of console/peripheral design. Unless I was bringing it around with me as a statement, like my iPod Nano!

It's nice at least that it seems to be relatively cheap, that's one little annoyance cast aside for now.

Amir0x said:
It's nice at least that it seems to be relatively cheap, that's one little annoyance cast aside for now.

Didn`t you hear, this thread is purely the setup for the thread "why are PS3 accessories so much more expensive in <insert territory here>?"

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have a few questions about the sixaxis controller. Is the battery rechargeable? If so, is the battery removeable or is it built into the controller like an ipod battery? If not rechargeable, how many batteries will it take?

EDIT: nevermind

Bad_Boy said:
its built in. you recharge it via USB, and it should give you a 30 hour charge.

DenogginizerOS said:
I have a few questions about the sixaxis controller. Is the battery rechargeable? If so, is the battery removeable or is it built into the controller like an ipod battery? If not rechargeable, how many batteries will it take?

All of your questions are already answered in the thread.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
DenogginizerOS said:
its rechargable, you cant take it out. you charge it up with the usb cable. and it should last you 30 hours for each charge.

DenogginizerOS

Bad_Boy said:
its rechargable, you cant take it out. you charge it up with the usb cable. and it should last you 30 hours for each charge.

So, like an Ipod, will you have to send it in to get a new battery?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
DenogginizerOS said:
So, like an Ipod, will you have to send it in to get a new battery?
Thats if it even fails, I guess. That or return it to the store you bought it from for a new one.

Bad_Boy said:
Thats if it even fails, I guess. That or return it to the store you bought it from for a new one.

I should think the battery will be good for a couple of years at least.

I`m sure there is some Sony battery joke here, but I can`t be bothered :D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
heh yeah, hopefully theres no issues with the batteries.
for what its worth, my psp battery hasnt exploded....yet. :lol

JCBossman

Banned
I can't believe all the hate the 360 Media Remote is getting, it is BY FAR the coolest looking remote I own with the bright Backlight on ALL the butons, the PS3 remote is aweful, the number buttons are WAY to small and close together, the ridges on them are going to trap dirt like a Mo-Fo and how do I turn on my tv with it? Or adjust Volume? why not at LEAST use all the space available, instead of leaving half the thing empty, and don't even get me started on the Sixaxis, we all know how good SONY Battaries are, just ask Dell and Apple

Brofist

DCharlie said:
why does "$40 seems about right" keep coming up?

the price , for Japanese, is 5000 yen - the US price isn't set yet.
for comparison , PS2 controllers are 3500 yen
and the X360 controller is 4000 yen

where have you seen wireless X360 conteollers for 4000yen, I've only seen them for 5000 yen

dock

Prices for the Sixaxis controllers are really good, especially considering they have a built in rechargable battery. It would be the equivelent of the 360 wireless + play and charge kit.

JCBossman said:
I can't believe all the hate the 360 Media Remote is getting, it is BY FAR the coolest looking remote
Wiimote is the coolest looking remote. ^^

DenogginizerOS

ChrisAllenFiz said:
I should think the battery will be good for a couple of years at least.

I`m sure there is some Sony battery joke here, but I can`t be bothered :D

LOL. I wasn't even thinking about the Sony battery issues. :/

As long as the battery outlasts the wear and tear on the controller, I will be good. I typically need new controllers every 2 years (if not sooner) anyway.

Oni Jazar

JCBossman said:
I can't believe all the hate the 360 Media Remote is getting, it is BY FAR the coolest looking remote I own with the bright Backlight on ALL the butons, the PS3 remote is aweful, the number buttons are WAY to small and close together, the ridges on them are going to trap dirt like a Mo-Fo and how do I turn on my tv with it? Or adjust Volume? why not at LEAST use all the space available, instead of leaving half the thing empty, and don't even get me started on the Sixaxis, we all know how good SONY Battaries are, just ask Dell and Apple

I'm assuming this remote can't control TV power or volume because it's Bluetooth and not a universal IR remote.

Oni Jazar said:
I'm assuming this remote can't control TV power or volume because it's Bluetooth and not a universal IR remote.

It could have bluetooth and IR in it, you never know. But I think this is unlikely

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is anyone here seriously going to buy the remote, though? the controller is wireless, and you can play and skip just as well as you can on a remote. Plus, aren't you primarily going to be playing, you know...games on it?

Dahbomb

TheTrin said:
Is anyone here seriously going to buy the remote, though? the controller is wireless, and you can play and skip just as well as you can on a remote. Plus, aren't you primarily going to be playing, you know...games on it?
Indeed.

Also no one is going to keep that Memory Card adapator, everyone should just buy it, upload their saves on the HDD and then return it to the store the next day.

artist

Banned
jarosh said:
what's the big deal?
Agreed.

Hopefully there is a better and more slick 3rd party remote from Logitech. :)

Whining about whiners is really pathetic, evident from this thread.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Seems they announced a new psp pack.

PSP Bonus Pack for 19 October, no price though. Inside:
- PSP
- 1 GB MEMORY stick pro duo
- stretcher loop
- USB cable
- Stand
- Power Pack
- Akku (Case?)

061003_pspj10004a.jpg
061003_pspj10005a.jpg

061003_pspj10004b.jpg
061003_pspj10005b.jpg

PS3 game prices sound good (6000Y 1st party sound awesome). Hope that means 60&#8364; tops in Europe, but I doubt it.

That's just the 1gig pack the US has had for about a year now.

PleoMax

Banned
TheTrin said:

*raises hand*

I don't like having my visits see me controll the Dvd with a freaking console controller. Feels weird...and i feel like being i'm being watched... :/

Yes, i'm not about to waste 1000$ on a stand alone Blu Ray player...no sir.

I'd feel a little better if that memory adapter also had a controller port.

Given the large discrepancy in the core pack pricing, I'm guessing the controllers will be $50 here.

Doctor_No

Sean said:
It's bluetooth, you can see the bluetooth logo on this image (right under the keys):

$30 for a bluetooth remote is a great deal, regardless of how it looks, not having to deal with IR and line of site problems will be great.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
TheTrin said:
Personally, I'd like to be able to use the PS3 for the full breadth of its capabilities. So, yes, I plan to use it for more than just games and in several of those circumstances, it would be nice to have a standard remote as an option. I don't want to have to buy the remote since I'd like to use the Harmony universal remote I have, so I keep hoping they're going to surprise us with IR support on the PS3 itself so I don't have to buy this remote at all.

Xiaoki

The remote looks fine. My TV remote has 5 buttons that do nothing and my DirecTV remote is the most ungainly piece of unergonomical crap ever.
Also, if anyone here gets the remote instead of just using the wireless controller then they need to have SUCKER tattooed backwards on their forehead.

ManaByte said:
That's just the 1gig pack the US has had for about a year now.
The 1gig pack was also only available in the US for about 2 weeks.

Xiaoki said:
Also, if anyone here gets the remote instead of just using the wireless controller then they need to have SUCKER tattooed backwards on their forehead.

Bullshit. Game controllers make shitty DVD player remotes.

Top Bottom