• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Controller + Accesories Priced (surprise!!) Pics Inside

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Seems they announced a new psp pack.

PSP Bonus Pack for 19 October, no price though. Inside:
- PSP
- 1 GB MEMORY stick pro duo
- stretcher loop
- USB cable
- Stand
- Power Pack
- Akku (Case?)

061003_pspj10004a.jpg
061003_pspj10005a.jpg

061003_pspj10004b.jpg
061003_pspj10005b.jpg

PS3 game prices sound good (6000Y 1st party sound awesome). Hope that means 60€ tops in Europe, but I doubt it.

Link? Is the white pack coming out in the US? Because the black one was available in the US last year.

they better not **** us harmony users with that damn bluettooth remote shit. its gotta have IR connectivity as well since the psp communicates with it right?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hurrah, eject button on the remote!

Don't laugh. That's useful shit.

[Edit] ****, TruffleShuffle's right. Does it have IR?

Geoff9920

truffleshuffle83 said:
they better not **** us harmony users with that damn bluettooth remote shit. its gotta have IR connectivity as well since the psp communicates with it right?
But if the remote is bluetooth and doesn't use IR at all, it doesn't matter if the ps3 has IR or not. There isn't anything we can map to the remote.

PkunkFury said:
wait is there really a chance this could be sold without the cable? What would people do when the thing runs out of battereis if they didn't buy one? can you remove the battery to charge it or something? I may be missing something here but I've never bought a product with a rechargable battery that didn't come with some means of charging the battery

well if it is not, then add another $5 to $10 estimate, then the PS3 "SIX AXIS" will come in at $44.99 or $49.99 which is Phacking expensive ! we're robbed again.

Link316

Banned
where's the PS1/PS2 controller adapter? one of the good things about the PS2 was that I didn't have to repurchase all my peripherals :(

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Has it been said whether the remote is IR or RF?

If it's IR, than I can get my learning remote to operate the PS3.

the PSP talks to the PS3 wirelessly i thought...

but then i remember that the cheaper ps3 doesn't have wireless beyond bluetooth.

how curious. the location free stuff would only work wirelessly... i presume then that if i buy the cheaper ps3 and put it on a network with wireless access that i'm still good.

Kangu

Banned
holy shit look at the remote! OMG avert your eyes hide your children! WTF is that hideous disgusting piece of rectangular plastic? I'm going to vomit my entrails all over my computer just from looking at it jesus save me!

[joebuck]that is a disgusting, disgusting remote. I'm sorry gaffers had to witness that[/joebuck]

*Runs away from the hyperbole police*

hyp

i'm holding my "hurrah!'s" until we get official confirmed US prices. i have a bad feeling sony's gonna follow MS and charge $49.99 per controller. **** i really hope not.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'm missing rumble already. But sixaxis is a sweet name. DON'T MENTION THE WAR!

Danj

DefectiveReject said:
Come on guys we all know we get straight yen>Dollar>pound conversion. Hence why the PS3 is £275 in the UK....right?

Surely you mean £425.

But anyway yeah, even with the usual ridiculous markup, the Western prices for these accessories should still be decent. I hope somebody hacks together some PC drivers for that memory card reader.

dalyr95

If you have a PSP USB cable or any other USB to mini USB you can use it to charge the controller, stop bitching. No ****ing Play and Charge shit here

Brofist

I was expecting higher pricing to be honest. I think the Japanese pricing falls in line with $50 1st party $60 3rd party pricing for the US.

Pimpbaa

dalyr95 said:
If you have a PSP USB cable or any other USB to mini USB you can use it to charge the controller, stop bitching. No ****ing Play and Charge shit here

If you plan on playing a game while the controller is charging, you sure as hell ain't doing it with the USB cable that comes with the PSP. It's way too short.

D-X

Thank you SO much Sony for giving us a device to transfer our old memory cards!!!!!!!!!!!!

But why didn't you just build the slot straight into the machine? Greed that's why. The same reason the PS2 only had 2 controller ports. I could've sworn multitaps went out of fashion in the 64bit generation...

dkeane

The memory card adapter seems like a rip-off because you'll only use it once to transfer your saves to the HD. I guess it's worth it though it you plan on playing a ton of your old PS2 games, ands getting rid of the PS2

Ponn

Banned
studio810 said:
The memory card adapter seems like a rip-off because you'll only use it once to transfer your saves to the HD. I guess it's worth it though it you plan on playing a ton of your old PS2 games, ands getting rid of the PS2

Buy at walmart, transfer your saves, take it back.

Link316

Banned
hope the PS3 can read saves off flash cards/drives cause then I can just use the Pro Action Replay to transfer saves instead

Shapingo

future_pinoy said:
well if it is not, then add another $5 to $10 estimate, then the PS3 "SIX AXIS" will come in at $44.99 or $49.99 which is Phacking expensive ! we're robbed again.

It recharges through standard USB cables, I can buy them at my dollar store.

I don't get why anyone thinks this controller is expensive, it is the cheapest of the the three

x360
4000 yen is for the wired controller
5000 yen is for the wireless then there is another 2000 for the play and charge kit

Wii's controller is really $60? w/ nunchuck?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sucks that there's no way to use old playstation controllers -- i don't care a damn about rumble, but i would've liked to use my old joysticks.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So the 1up show mentioned that the Tard pack and Premium PS3 have different looking shells? Is this true, and are there pics?

Brofist

drohne said:
sucks that there's no way to use old playstation controllers -- i don't care a damn about rumble, but i would've liked to use my old joysticks.

I'm gonna bet about anything that a 3rd party PS2 to USB adaptor is released for using PS1/PS2 controllers on the PS3.

andthebeatgoeson

So, will you guys buy the Memory card adaptor and pay it forward? You know, mail it around? About half of you won't get the console until the new year, due to the shortages. Why not just start a thread now?

It's a one time usage thing, right? Just have 1 guy pay 12 bucks and use it and pass it on. Guy #2 paypals #1 10 bucks. Guy 2 pays less and gets to use it. Guy #2 passes it to #3 and #3 pays #2 8 bucks. And so on, until it you all give sony the big FU. Then, after like 5 people, you can make a statement and just pay $1 to the person that sends it to you. You could make it a tag or Tshirt. I paid $1 to use Sony's mem card reader cuz they are jerks. At least the nunchuk will get some use, the memory card reader looks kinda jacked up. At least the enterprising people out there will get around this.

Unless Sony/EB/gamespot gets cold hearted and forces this on the entire launch population. Haha, memory card reader, disk wipes, PS3 beanie baby for $25 extra. I can see EB doing that online.

Edit: oops, didn't realize it was 12 bucks. US=$15?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Seems they announced a new psp pack.

PSP Bonus Pack for 19 October, no price though. Inside:
- PSP
- 1 GB MEMORY stick pro duo
- stretcher loop
- USB cable
- Stand
- Power Pack
- Akku (Case?)

061003_pspj10004a.jpg
061003_pspj10005a.jpg

061003_pspj10004b.jpg
061003_pspj10005b.jpg

PS3 game prices sound good (6000Y 1st party sound awesome). Hope that means 60€ tops in Europe, but I doubt it.

What´s the difference between this and the giga-pack?

Top Bottom