• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 custom soundtrack support is coming in the next firmware?

karasu

TheRipDizz said:
**** choice! Choice is BAD!!!!

*sigh*

yeah, sometimes it is. When I'm watching someone play San Andreas with Christian Alternative Rock in the background, choice just said **** you.

ZeroTolerance

yeah but then again all those are rumored features that are suposed to be coming to the PSN store...Who knows ? it might hit sooner than we all think.

PS360

Banned
Synless said:
I don't know much about the music being in the next firmware but the next firmware is announced for this week http://gamers-creed.com/?p=83

Network–

- HTML has been added under network allowing users to view HTML documents saved on the PS3 HDD.

- Save HTML has been added as an option in the PS3 web browser. allowing users to save the source of the document to there PS3 HDD.

- Priority can now be set to Background downloading. allowing you to changes the order of when a download is active.

–Picture–

- New Sideshow Option [Effects Show] added.
- Picture Options added [Black&White, Old, Worn, Overexposed] added under the options menu.
- Animated GIF Image support added.

–Music–

- Added Graphic Equalizer added under Music Options menu. all 7.1 channels are configurable independently.

–Settings–

- Keyboard Mapping has been added to the sections Keyboard section of settings. shortcuts such as the disk in drive, or a particular game can be set to a shortcut on the keyboard with a key not currently in use.

Here is also the old rumored list of updates none of which has been confirmed yet.

Users
- You can now password-protect user accounts.

Settings
- [Dynamic Normalizer] has been added as an option under [Sound Settings].
- [Energy Saver] has been added as an option.
- [Equalizer] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].
- [Full] has been added as an option for [DVD Wide Display] under [BD / DVD Settings].
- [Photo Settings] has been added as an option.
- [PS / PS2 Settings] has been added as an option.
- [RSS Channel Settings] has been added as an option.
- [Sample Rate] has been added to [Audio CD Import] under [Music Settings].
- [Screen Saver] has been expanded under [Display Settings].
- The method of selecting an output resolution has been changed in [Video Output Settings] under [Display Settings].
- [Theme Settings] has been added as an option.
- [Zero Unused Disk Space] has been added as an option under [System Settings] > [Format Utility].

Photo
- Additional slideshow effects have been added.
- [Photo Effects] have been added as a feature.
- Wallpaper feature has been added.
- [Zoom] has been added as a feature.

Music
- Additional visualization effects have been added.
- CD information can now be entered.
- Three-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature.

Video
- Files can now be played sequentially.
- Three-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature.
- You can now select [Zoom] under [Screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.*.
*An appropriate USB adapter (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.

Game
- Support for PlayStation 3 format software titles has been expanded.
- XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) is now accessible during gameplay.

Network
- [RSS Channel] has been added as a feature.

Friends
- You can now have multiple chat sessions.
- You can now select an image to use as your Avatar from [Photo].

Other
- Date and Time is now shown when the PS button is pressed.
- File sorting has been changed.
- [Help] has been added as a feature.
- Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles.
To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.

- [Secure Delete] has been added as an option.
- Some PlayStation Network features have been revised

???!?!?

If that was really the update, I'd be very impressed.

karasu

I want to be able to sort my photos by day, or even create folders for them. The sort by month option is too messy.

careksims

karasu said:
I want to be able to sort my photos by day, or even create folders for them. The sort by month option is too messy.

Yup I agree! I wonder why the PSP has this folder feature and the not the PS3? It's just so unorganized with the Month folders ugh.

calder

Some nice features in that rumored list.

One little thing that annoys me about the PS3 mp3 playback is the lack of skip ahead or multiple search speeds. The videos have great speed settings, but as someone who likes to d/l podcasts the lack of a way to skip large segments of long audio tracks is a real hassle. Unless 1Up Yours starts lopping off an hour or more of each podcast I'll have to continue leaving it paused while I go eat or want to step away for a bit. ;)

And video folders/sorting options are now damn near critical to me. I have maybe 7 gigs of free space on my HDD, and the rest is taken up mostly by TV shows and other stuff I like hanging onto. Having to scroll through all those 30 Rocks and season 3 The Offices is a nuisance.

The Jer

TheRipDizz said:
They're arguing if the feature even needs to be included in a console. That says all that needs to be said as afr as I'm concerned

I'd argue if the feature needs to be included in a console. I don't think it's important. I'm not against having it, but I certainly don't think it needs to be there.

The Jer

In-game messaging. That needs to be there. I should be able to press the PS button to send and recieve messages from anywhere.

llTll

Banned
PS360 said:
???!?!?

i don't believe in this list. it says custom wallpaper has been added and XMB access during game play has been added.

i pray to god this is true but i don't believe it .

antiloop

llTll said:
i don't believe in this list. it says custom wallpaper has been added and XMB access during game play has been added.

i pray to god this is true but i don't believe it .

Everything from this line are only loose rumors and will most likely not be in this firmware.
Here is also the old rumored list of updates none of which has been confirmed yet.

Core407

Banned
- Keyboard Mapping has been added to the sections Keyboard section of settings. shortcuts such as the disk in drive, or a particular game can be set to a shortcut on the keyboard with a key not currently in use.

:D

llTll

Banned
antiloop said:
Everything from this line are only loose rumors and will most likely not be in this firmware.
pretty much.

i just want 2 important thngs.
1- wallpaper
2- friend access during gameplay.

for the sake of everything on earth. make it happen goddamn it -_-

It was one of the rumored 2.0 features and its my most wanted feature of all right now - A SOUND NORMALIZER I am seriously sick of not being able to remember which games and demos I can't hear at all and which will blow my speakers out if i scroll past them.

Maggot9

Banned
krypt0nian said:
It's far far better than playing a racing game with shit ass soundtracks. And that Oblivion music got old after 20+ hours. Thank the gods for the Conan OST.
Oblivion music got old? GET OUT

Alcahest

I hope someone at Sony reads this thread as I have another bug report + suggestion to make ;)

--------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT! About the 1.82 Firmware!

There is a still a bug in the fact that PS2 games video output is always either YUV or RGB Limited, even when RGB FULL has been selected !

Basically with 1.82, everything (XMB, PS1, PS3 and BD/DVD movies) can be displayed in RGB (when BD/DVD is set to RGB too, of course) except PS2 games that are still output as YUV or RGB limited.

This is annoying because the brightness is way too high and the image washed out when playing PS2 games after RGB FULL has been selected and the TV carefully calibrated for RGB FULL.

Also it would be a real plus having an “Upscale type setting” in the “PS menu” when playing PS2 games (normal or fullscreen). Are we supposed to alter the setting every time in the XMB according to the game we want to play? Annoying. The option would be much better directly accessible from the PS menu WHILE playing PS2 games.

So to sum-up, Sony please:
- Change the PS2 video output to RGB FULL when RGB FULL has been selected in the XMB.
(so far it's stuck as YUV)
- Add an option in the “PS menu” of PS2 games to alter the Upscale type setting after the game has been launched. (normal of fullscreen)

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------

Later,

Alcahest

Woo-Fu

Banned
Alcahest said:
This is annoying because the brightness is way too high and the image washed out when playing PS2 games after RGB FULL has been selected and the TV carefully calibrated for RGB FULL.

I've noticed that playing Suikoden V on ps3, via component. Setting the monitor to 50 brightness(scale of zero to one hundred)makes the outside areas eye-seeringly bright and the indoor areas too dark to see.

Go outside, turn the brightness down to 20, go inside turn it up to 80.

I'd really some type of fix for that. Doesn't seem to be anything I can do on the monitor side, is there something on the ps3 side?

Customer sound tracks would be nice. It would be nice to be able to send and receive messages to other gamers while playing a game.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
TheRipDizz said:
They're arguing if the feature even needs to be included in a console. That says all that needs to be said as afr as I'm concerned
"They"? Are you talking about me, by any chance? Because, if you are, you couldn't be misinterpreting my stance much worse if you tried.

PS360 said:
???!?!?

That looks almost identical to the alleged leak on the Playstation.com forums about FW 2.0, from a couple of months ago. As such, it doesn't really seem to be a new rumor just warmed over.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
I'm been called a troll? :O

That's hilarious.

I was suggesting that Sony was steadily moving forwards to right the PS3 experience.

and yeah, I consider not having some pretty key and basic features that your competitor had, when your system uses more resources to maintain subpar initial release XMB functionality... a mistake!

YYZ

awesome update if those things or most of those things are included, but needs more .mkv support! Impossible to get .avi support?

Crisis

Banned
You know what? I'm wondering how most people would like to actually go about using the XMB in-game. Do you want to hit the PS button and pick "Friends List" or "Inbox" to read/write messages? Or would you rather bring up the XMB itself and scroll over to your friends list to see/write them?

karasu said:
yeah, sometimes it is. When I'm watching someone play San Andreas with Christian Alternative Rock in the background, choice just said **** you.
Who the hell would play Christian rock while playing San Andreas?!

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Crisis said:
You know what? I'm wondering how most people would like to actually go about using the XMB in-game. Do you want to hit the PS button and pick "Friends List" or "Inbox" to read/write messages? Or would you rather bring up the XMB itself and scroll over to your friends list to see/write them?

It doesn't matter really...

in order of priority, the functions from XMB that are needed are

1. Friends list access
2. Music player support
3. System setup support
4. save management
5. general data management
6. web browser
7. game management (quit, and boot into another game in one fell swoop)
8. video playback

Obviously the further down the list it goes, the less likely it becomes, but they're all nice features to have IMO.

The Jer

Crisis said:

It doesn't matter. Just gimme it.

Top Bottom