• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.40 - Out Not!

Onix said:
Doesn't automatically mean its not worth using.

tell that to the people that can't play games anymore because their ps3 is bricked..
for me, it's just the bluetooth not worjing, so for the most part it's great for me :p

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Onix said:
That doesn't mean it isn't flaky :p

For example, I was playing SSDHD and then decided to jump into the MGS Database app.

Black screen, completely dead controls (including front power button). Had to do a hard reset from the back of the console. What scared the crap out of me was that when I tried to start the console (using the controller's home button), the system didn't start up and all of the controller LED's just stayed flashing 0_0.

I went over and started the PS3 with the front button, and everything was fine then :p

Well if you was playing as much as I have, (need to replay everything since I got a new ps3) then you would see why I said I haven't had any issues at all :)

FrankT

Any kind of ETA as to when this may go back online? Just got from vacation and was looking to upgrade my PS3s. I saw the download option in the OP, but I think I'll wait until they re-release.

Wollan

Just cause I hadn't seen anyone else do it. Pics of the trophies (excluding Platinum):

Gold.gif

Silver.gif

Bronze.gif

just tray

I posted earlier about how my ps3 froze after the update Well I found out that it freezes when it is left on with no activity and the only way to fix it is to turn it off from the back. Holding down the power button has no effect Good job on a piece of shit update Sony. I am going to switch back to 2.36 so I don't break something

DarkJC

just tray said:
I posted earlier about how my ps3 froze after the update Well I found out that it freezes when it is left on with no activity and the only way to fix it is to turn it off from the back. Holding down the power button has no effect Good job on a piece of shit update Sony. I am going to switch back to 2.36 so I don't break something

How are you going to switch back to 2.36?

Baha

No problems here with the update, though it has prompted me to go buy several PSN games. Currently loving the shit out of PJM, my brother who rarely plays games on a regular basis if at all is my co-op partner and so far we're working our way though the levels for rainbows.

DarkJC said:
How are you going to switch back to 2.36?

Maybe he's going to format HDD then do a System Update? No idea though. I'm rather content on 2.4, though I did get my first PS3 system freeze today from trying to play ET QW demo.

:(

SOLDIER

I was out of town right after the firmware arrived, and before I left I tried to download the SSDHD patch, but I kept getting that problem where the PS3 would reset, so I gave up. I came back today and fired up SSDHD, but instead of an update screen, I just proceed to the title screen like normal. Does this mean I have the patch installed, or has it been taken down?

macewank

SOLDIER said:
I was out of town right after the firmware arrived, and before I left I tried to download the SSDHD patch, but I kept getting that problem where the PS3 would reset, so I gave up. I came back today and fired up SSDHD, but instead of an update screen, I just proceed to the title screen like normal. Does this mean I have the patch installed, or has it been taken down?

they took 4.0 down when 2.4 was taken down

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
just tray said:
You won't be able to go back to 2.36. Try disabling screen saver from settings or making sure that Folding at Home is not set to Auto-start. If it is set to auto start, then F@H has probably corrupted, and you should delete it and download/install it again.

Dot50Cal

Banned
So...I just got a new headset for MGO, and I can't use it? It works fine in the PS3 config, but when I'm in MGO it wont function at all. Anyone else getting this??

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dot50Cal said:
So...I just got a new headset for MGO, and I can't use it? It works fine in the PS3 config, but when I'm in MGO it wont function at all. Anyone else getting this??

Hold select to activate voice chat within MGO. It's basically muted by default. You hold select for a sec or two to unmute it.

soldat7

just tray said:
I posted earlier about how my ps3 froze after the update Well I found out that it freezes when it is left on with no activity and the only way to fix it is to turn it off from the back. Holding down the power button has no effect Good job on a piece of shit update Sony.

I have the exact same problem. On top of my PS3 freezing when I access the Store or any of my network settings.

:(

dyls

Is there any way of getting the SSDHD patch right now? I updated to 2.4, but by the time I was ready to get the SSDHD patch it was down. I want my useless digital memorabilia, dammit!

I haven't had any problems that I'm aware of with 2.4. However, I just got my PS3 the same day 2.4 released, so I have nothing to compare it to. Anything I should be on the lookout for or that I should avoid doing?

edit: Wasn't there a big thread where everyone to a man said that they're PS3 hadn't been negatively affected by 2.4, and that the problem was blown way out of proportion? What happened since then?

Raistlin

Always-honest said:
tell that to the people that can't play games anymore because their ps3 is bricked..
for me, it's just the bluetooth not worjing, so for the most part it's great for me :p

Luckily, no one's PS3 was bricked :p

Top Bottom