• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 firmware 3.15

PSP Minis are mostly Iphone shovelware BUT they include Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies, so by default this feature is awesome!

pinballdreamspsp_197451.png

careksims

Oh wow. Now to get PSP games playable on the PS3. I like to play FFT:WotL on there and my Fate/Stay Unlimited someday with the PS3 controller. :D

Carlisle

Awesome to see Minis on PS3, though I'm pretty sure I'll never play them on my PS3... totally defeats the purpose of "quick pick up and play time killer"

I don't really care to see full PSP games on PS3. The Go already lets you play on your TV with a PS3 controller, if you fancy the big screen. It would be the exact same thing. Putting PSP games on PS3 might help software sales, which would get devs to invest further in the platform, which is well and great. But I don't see how any versions of the hardware could survive that for very long... PSP isn't has strong as GB and GBA were where Nintendo could make a Super Gameboy and GBA Player for them. Not to mention that PSP titles are far more playable on a big screen than GB titles were.

I don't see Sony pulling anything like that unless they are in extreme desperation. Like having an empty net in the last minute of the 3rd period when you're trailing by 2. And they're not quite there yet.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Lion Heart said:
Damn thats pretty cool, thank for the info.

I'll buy Tetris and Sudoku right away.
Isn't there alreadu Sudoku on PSN?

PS Store is down. Says service unavailable in your country (US).

Always-honest said:
would i be able to sync my throphies again (and no, nothing works... i tried)
Try to view your profile (outside of a game). Then do it 200 times. It'll work eventually. The more trophies you haven't synched yet the longer it will take.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Always-honest said:
would i be able to sync my throphies again (and no, nothing works... i tried)
While syncing, speed tap X at the point of freeze. Try that a few times until fully sync'd.

Will all future Psp minis work on ps3 or some? Hopefully it doesn't have a big ass black border around the game unless they put up a cute border for each game ;P

Treo360

DMeisterJ said:
Unless you're rocking a 4 USB port 60 or 80 gig, there is nothing superior about the Phat. Aside from aesthetics, which I will admit, the fat is better looking than the slim.
Sure there is. $299 for a new slim or $150 for a repair.

*Hugs 20gb PS3*

Mrbob

Awesome news. I don't plan on getting a PSP anytime soon (waiting on PSP2) for the hand full of games i want. Minis is a nice step (prices still too steep for them), and full blown PSP emulation on PS3 would be great. I would get god of war chains of olympus right away.

anddo0

Will Minis have trophies?

Doesn't Sony have strict guidelines for Minis, like no online, leaderboards etc... If it's all the same I'd prefer to play them on my GO.

Also, the game data transfer would work much better if it didn't delete the data from the PS3 you are transferring it from.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
anddo0 said:
Will Minis have trophies?

Doesn't Sony have strict guidelines for Minis, like no online, leaderboards etc... If it's all the same I'd prefer to play them on my GO.

minis won't have trophies. At least not for now.

As for other things like online, multiplayer etc. - apparently they put restrictions on these things for the early batch of minis to speed QA approval. However they have said that going forward these things may be allowed.

ElFly said:
Ok, so, why the PS3 has printer settings?

What do you do with a printer and a game console?
I might be wrong, but I think you print things...

...seriously, though, you can print from the browser and you can print pictures.

AndyD

aka andydumi
ElFly said:
Ok, so, why the PS3 has printer settings?

What do you do with a printer and a game console?

Print stuff off the web. Or print pictures I would imagine. I never used a printer with my PS3, but I guess you could if you wanted to.

Some printers are wireless, so no cables needed.

Mega Mike

Banned
Ok here are a few Q's from a new PS3 owner.

Is it possible to change the XMB font color? I have a light background, so the white text font clashes...

Thats about it. Lol.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Mega Mike said:
Ok here are a few Q's from a new PS3 owner.

Is it possible to change the XMB font color? I have a light background, so the white text font clashes...

Thats about it. Lol.
No, but you can change the brightness setting of the background (Settings - > Theme - > Background - > Brightness) to make it more readable.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
dunno if this been discussed already

i have a fat and slim, as we all know games like sfiv isnt transferrable, if i do that copy save thingy, can i keepmine on BOTH ps3s or does it delete it off the original? >:|

XGoldenboyX

Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX:
PSP GAMES Playable on PS3
That's what we need :)

I've seriously been waiting for 2 years for this, and I HAVE a PSP........

Same here man, imagine playing the new Metal Gear Solid on your Big screen :D

yurinka

gofreak said:
It's a software platform designed for smaller games and applications (under 100mb). The development and publishing process for minis is much simpler and really cheaper than psp/psn, and gives a lot more control to the developer.
Fixed ;)

You don't need to be a registered Playstation developer and don't need a publisher to release games. So it helps small and amateur studios.

andycapps

Tiduz said:
dunno if this been discussed already

i have a fat and slim, as we all know games like sfiv isnt transferrable, if i do that copy save thingy, can i keepmine on BOTH ps3s or does it delete it off the original? >:|

Pretty sure people have mentioned that if you transfer anything it is deleted from the original device.

SmokyDave

I wish the store would come back up, I've got an appetite for buying more minis. I really hope this is a pre-cursor to full PSP emulation, I can't think of a single reason that wouldn't be an excellent move for hardware and software across both platforms. The more the PSP becomes like taking a little part of my PS3 on the go, the better. I just dropped the cash I earned in AC Bloodlines during my lunch into AC2. Bonus.

Revolver

Metalmurphy said:
What issues?

Since I updated to 3.10 my game discs already in the drive no longer auto start when I turn on the system. I have to select the game from the XMB and then it'll start. If I insert a disc it'll start fine, it's just when one's already in the drive it won't automatically load. Auto start is set to "on" in the settings too. I have to assume the update caused the problem, it was working fine before.

fernoca

XGoldenboyX said:
Originally Posted by XGoldenboyX:
PSP GAMES Playable on PS3
That's what we need :)

Same here man, imagine playing the new Metal Gear Solid on your Big screen :D
??
I'm already playing PSP games on my LCD and with a Dual Shock 3. :p
Unlike with custom firmware though, PSP games play inside a small frame. PSOne games, videos, pictures and the XMB are "fullscreen"...but is all for resolution's sake.

IF PSP emulaiton comes to the PS3, it might be the same..though who knows, maybe they'll use the extra "power" of the PS3 to scale-up games.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Revolver said:
Since I updated to 3.10 my game discs already in the drive no longer auto start when I turn on the system. I have to select the game from the XMB and then it'll start. If I insert a disc it'll start fine, it's just when one's already in the drive it won't automatically load. Auto start is set to "on" in the settings too. I have to assume the update caused the problem, it was working fine before.

Hmm..thats weird. I dont use that feature so i dont know. Im sure 3.10 did cause it if it worked fine before. It probably will be one of the little "stealth" changes in 3.15 that isn't openly disclosed.

LiquidMetal14 said:
While syncing, speed tap X at the point of freeze. Try that a few times until fully sync'd.
like i said: i tried it all and it does NOT sync. it goes to 10%. it does that since i got MW2.
i tried everything but always get an error messsage at 10%. ALWAYS.. even after 200 times and pressing x constantly

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Always-honest said:
like i said: i tried it all and it does NOT sync. it goes to 10%. it does that since i got MW2.
i tried everything but always get an error messsage at 10%. ALWAYS.. even after 200 times and pressing x constantly

I was having a similar problem with my son's PSN account. It finally worked when i logged onto PSN early in the morning. Didnt have to hit X or anything, worked first try. It's definitely PSN traffic related.

DryvBy

Dibbz said:
No doubt would be a fix for the problems people have been having with 3.10
What exactly are people having problems with? I don't even know any real life people that have problems with their PS3s also. Is the clock not fixed enough?

SmokyDave said:
So glad to see PSP Minis playable and confirmed. Surely one step closer to PSP emulation.

This is something I'm very much interested in. I would have no use for the PSP itself any longer. I just want access to the games (with comfortable controls).

Dragona Akehi said:
Why on earth do people want to trade their superior original PS3s for Slims again?

I gave mine up cause it was an eyesore in my living room. Words cannot describe how much I hated the look of the system. IMO the original fat is one of the ugliest home consoles ever made. When I first got my slim, I made this pic:

fatslim.jpg

Top Bottom