• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 games' boxart for Europeans

glaurung

ps3europack-01.jpg

ps3europack-02.jpg

ps3europack-03.jpg

ps3europack-04.jpg

Looks like crap.

But obviously, WE DON'T MIND.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I guess europeans don`t mind broken links either.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Japan`s clear cases ftw!

Take that europe! :p

glaurung

supermackem said:
Those are print outs its easy to tell, he just used a br movie case omg :lol

No, those are taken with some crappy phone camera at the recent PS3 party here in Europe. You can even spot the promotional Blu-Ray lamp in the background.

thetrin

flipswitch said:
Will most of the launch titles be on Blu ray, just like some of the games were on CD for the ps2?

Uh, I`m pretty sure all PS3 games are on BD.

Well i dont think they are real or anywhere near final why the **** is the spine round the front. If not just lame ass print outs they are nowhere near final.

reminder

I don't think that Sony is going to use the boxes with only the Blu-Ray logo on the top. They will add the PS3 logo, just like on JP and US boxes. And then they might change the color too.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
supermackem said:
why the **** is the spine round the front.

:lol :lol

Champion!

But yeah, I'm not happy. The only launch game I'd want if I finally get one in March is Motorstorm, which should hopefully be less crap.

thetrin

supermackem said:
Well i dont think they are real or anywhere near final why the **** is the spine round the front. If not just lame ass print outs they are nowhere near final.

Are you talking about the PS3 going down the side?

...that`s not the spine.

Danj

Why does the Genji cover have a girl on the front? Or is that a trap, and it's not really a girl it's one of those androgynous looking guys?

thetrin

Danj said:
Why does the Genji cover have a girl on the front? Or is that a trap, and it's not really a girl it's one of those androgynous looking guys?

...because she`s one of the playable characters??

Danj

TheTrin said:
...because she`s one of the playable characters??

Oh, right. Shows how much attention I paid to it then :lol
I was figuring it was just "hey let's put a cute girl on the front so people will buy it" or something.

thetrin

Danj said:
Oh, right. Shows how much attention I paid to it then :lol
I was figuring it was just "hey let's put a cute girl on the front so people will buy it" or something.

Does that actually work for games? If so, I am going to cry.

Vashu

TheTrin said:
Does that actually work for games? If so, I am going to cry.

:lol

No it doesn't... I think... If the game gets bad press, it gets bad press. But damn, those coverarts are mostly hideous, wtf are they thinking? Too bad we don't get the clear-white cases, but the clear-blue ones. I would've liked to have something other than blue, again.

thetrin

Vashu said:
:lol

No it doesn't... I think... If the game gets bad press, it gets bad press. But damn, those coverarts are mostly hideous, wtf are they thinking? Too bad we don't get the clear-white cases, but the clear-blue ones. I would've liked to have something other than blue, again.

European cover art designers strike again! The Genji one is actually nice, if you ask me. The Resistance one totally sucks, though.

Vashu

Well, to be honest... 90% of the time I like the Euro cover-art more than the US one. There are exceptions, like the Resistance one, but still. Of course, 90% of the JAP art is waaay better than the Euro one. :D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
SolidSnakex said:
I say mock up, especially since Insomniac's logo should be on the front of the box (in the bottom middle of the box).
good eye, I really dont think they would go with blue cases anyways.

callous

Nexus Zero said:
Can't believe people are falling for this.
I'm guessing because most people can't believe a person's life can be so sad that making fake, EU PS3 covers seems like something that'd be worth spending time on.

dalyr95

They must be mock up, the Blu Ray bar at the top doesn't have Playstation 3 written across it like the US/JP ones

John_B

About the new cases, Blu-Ray and Playstation 3, is the cover protected by solid plastic or just a thin foil like with dvd cases?

I really hate that thin foil, eventually it will be all wavy and ugly. It shouldn't be necessary to store your games like jewels.

callous said:
I'm guessing because most people can't believe a person's life can be so sad that making fake, EU PS3 covers seems like something that'd be worth spending time on.

Then they haven't spent enough time on the internet, no less GAF.

Top Bottom