• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Home Official Thread

Dreweyes

TTP said:
Sucks to hear that. No idea what it might be. Just to be sure it aint a firmware thing, did you update the PS3 to firmware 3.01?

Okay so it's working now! :D

I updated the firmware to 3.01, uninstalled Home again, went through and deleted every Home file I could find (I had data from the super-old beta for Home), reinstalled.

Thanks again for the help!

agm2502

I've lost my Dizzee Rascal t-shirt in this update, I best get it back. I notice that when you highlight Home on the XMB it says it is the "Definitive Social Network" interesting use of words lol.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:
Well this update is completely fucked, can't even ge passed the loading screen without crashing my system

Be sure you have 3.01.
Delete Home client.
Re-download Home client.

Oh, and the new Harbour view is so good. I think the whole engine runs better. It's very smooth. 12GB of cache did wonder to general navigation too. 3D store items viewer is a little buggy (at times, it just stops loading the 3D version and keeps showing the old 2D image) but very cool when it works. For those who wonder how u activate it, you don't. Simply select an item and wait at the description screen. It will switch from 2D to 3D after a while.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
NightHawk17 said:
everybody's skaing in home:lol :lol

I really REALLY thought there were going to be more dances... now I am forced to see everyone and their mother skaing instead of doing the running man or body pop. Great.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
TTP said:
Be sure you have 3.01.
Delete Home client.
Re-download Home client.

Oh, and the new Harbour view is so good. I think the whole engine runs better. It's very smooth. 12GB of cache did wonder to general navigation too. 3D store items viewer is a little buggy (at times, it just stops loading the 3D version and keeps showing the old 2D image) but very cool when it works. For those who wonder how u activate it, you don't. Simply select an item and wait at the description screen. It will switch from 2D to 3D after a while.

My question, though, is how you manage to get "multiple" items on your avatar... and when I did this, it showed a completely different avatar than what I was using.

Oni Jazar

Go to the theater kiosk and theater room 8 for free PSP Go items.

edit: Jeez the Home theater is running horribly right now. Very unresponsive. Hopefully it's because its getting hammered at the moment.

Dreweyes

Soooo the Sword Alcove Set is still missing.

Hope they fix this, took forever to get that! :(

alcove3.jpg

EDIT:

In case you dont know, there's rewards you can unlock in the Saucer Pop game in the outside part of home.

You get your items based upon the color of the saucer that you're flying. I think you need 1500 points per run at Saucer Pop, and that much usually gets you everything.

1) A Saucer Pop Table of that color

2) A Saucer Pop Chair of that color

3) A Saucer Pop "Bubble Helmet" of that color for both genders

IMG_0389.jpg

peull

They said in the official changelog that you can attach a message (up to 16 characters) to your game launching session... Anyone found how to do it? Would be great for setting up a RE5 game...

Norml

I like the update things seem to run much better.At the plaza there is a huge PSP Go floating in the air opening and closing, looks awesome :D

No45

Bluforce said:
What is the real advantage in the 12 GB cache?
I've tried, but I have not noticed anything.
If you weren't hitting a previous cache limit then you're not going to notice an improvement by increasing the ceiling. A larger cache just means that you can download more of the client before the cached data starts to overwrite itself - if you only ever go to a few places then the cache requirements will be small.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Edeuinu said:
Mine kept crashing last night too, when you hit X to initialize a connection.

Mine did that this morning and last night it worked fine.

Now, how do you play saucer pop, and whats the point/goal?

Dreweyes

AndyD said:
Mine did that this morning and last night it worked fine.

Now, how do you play saucer pop, and whats the point/goal?

You gotta collect as many stars as you can! Go for the Super Stars, all yellow bubbles!

Dreweyes said:
You get your items based upon the color of the saucer that you're flying. I think you need 1500 points per run at Saucer Pop, and that much usually gets you everything.

1) A Saucer Pop Table of that color

2) A Saucer Pop Chair of that color

3) A Saucer Pop "Bubble Helmet" of that color for both genders

tirminyl

Byakuya769 said:
How are you supposed to use the psp gos you can get in the central plaza?

I thought they would be the device we use for our menu but when I was in my wardrobe I saw the PSP go as a hand option (my avatar to hold it). So I believe that is it.

tirminyl said:
I thought they would be the device we use for our menu but when I was in my wardrobe I saw the PSP go as a hand option (my avatar to hold it). So I believe that is it.

Yea same here, but there was a total of 3 different go's you could download. I am trying to figure out what the other two are good for.

Norml

Byakuya769 said:
Yea same here, but there was a total of 3 different go's you could download. I am trying to figure out what the other two are good for.

I know one is a decoration for home spaces.

3989827390_4dc41346d2.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/10/07/ps-home-updates-to-motorstorm-wolverine-v-store-and-more…/
tying in with the release of Wolverine on Blu-ray, we have these limited edition SCEE-exclusive adamantium claws for your avatar available in Home Threads
These will only be available for a limited time

(and they are free)

though still no camera? kinda strange considering the functionally must be already in 1.30 and the item is just the option to access the screenshot feature.

Oni Jazar

Tiger uppercut said:
kinda random but: how do you preview clothing when one is in the store?

If you wait long enough while looking at the item in detail the small window will show your character wearing the item and you can move, rotate and zoom.

jiggle

the update kinda sucked
for 12gb cache i expected everything to load much faster than they are
the loading in the closet has gotten a lot worse even, wtf
home space loading is noticeably faster though

and hawt, free camera is up :O

Septimus

Yeah I noticed the wardrobe loading was a tad slower than usual. All other spaces in general seem to be noticeably smoother and just feel better.

rc213

HOME BLOWS! I deleted it when 1.30 update came out and it's still shitty. I just had it lock my ps3 up while customizing my avatar. BOOOOOURNS!

Schrade

Where the fuck is the free camera? I looked in every single shop in the Home Mall and examined every single item category.

Also, I couldn't find any jerseys in the Home Mall stores. I haven't checked out the EA Complex yet.

Schrade said:
Where the fuck is the free camera? I looked in every single shop in the Home Mall and examined every single item category.

Also, I couldn't find any jerseys in the Home Mall stores. I haven't checked out the EA Complex yet.
:lol Boxing day flashback...

risk

rc213 said:
HOME BLOWS! I deleted it when 1.30 update came out and it's still shitty. I just had it lock my ps3 up while customizing my avatar. BOOOOOURNS!
if you reinstall it, it will work.

Norml

Schrade said:

PS Blog
Just a quick clarification. These items will be available on Thursday (which is the regular time that we publish content).

rc213

risk said:
if you reinstall it, it will work.

I had already done that after 1.30 came out, But I did it again and everything is working fine. Grabbed the PSP Go Hat, the 2 PSP Go virtual items, Saucer Pop items and the Singstar T-Shirts.

Top Bottom