• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Home Official Thread

Dibbz

Been waiting for the camera. Would be nice to enable the option to keep dialog bubbles on and have the video screen display. Maybe in a future update they'll have it.

Some pics I took today in Home.

Chris and blonde Sheva
4002634034_8160d2e8f5.jpg

Buzz space with awesome floor
4002634024_2bec3f7dd2.jpg

Bunch of French people with me in the centre. Wonder if my top had anything to do with that :p
4002634046_173a3dfd9e.jpg

Seems that if you aim the camera at someone they crack a smile, pretty cool.
4002634028_5ba91aebf1.jpg

Awesome shirt
4002634042_3bc664b5f2.jpg

Attack of the glitch
4002634016_c341ec0b99.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dibbz said:
Been waiting for the camera. Would be nice to enable the option to keep dialog bubbles on and have the video screen display. Maybe in a future update they'll have it.

Some pics I took today in Home.

Chris and blonde Sheva
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2425/4002634034_8160d2e8f5.jpg[/ig]

Buzz space with awesome floor
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2597/4002634024_2bec3f7dd2.jpg[/im]

Bunch of French people with me in the centre. Wonder if my top had anything to do with that :p
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2528/4002634046_173a3dfd9e.jpg[/im]

Seems that if you aim the camera at someone they crack a smile, pretty cool.
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2459/4002634028_5ba91aebf1.jpg[/ig]

Awesome shirt
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/4002634042_3bc664b5f2.jpg

Attack of the glitch
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2642/4002634016_c341ec0b99.jpg[/ig][/QUOTE]

Where did you find that shirt?

spats

Dibbz said:
No idea some guy was wearing it so I took a pic to try and hunt it down :D

Looks like a Singstar logo on the sleeve. The game awards you lots of home stuff in conjuncture with trophies.

I could be wrong though.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
AndyD said:
Its the dance on the dancefloor for 30 minutes shirt from Singstar. Or is it 60 minutes... I dont remember.

I'll have to try that then the shirts I received so far from that space are awful.

Oni Jazar said:
Unfortunately the large cache doesn't seem to help much with loading (at least not until you fill up the cache which would take a while). Siren still doesn't seem to have a queue system up and it still has a long line. You need to wait with the game selected and hit "X" as soon as the play button lights up.
Shurs said:
In order to upload and display pictures in your Home space you need to buy (as in pay real money for) picture frames. No, there is no free option. I don't spend money in Home, so this leaves the frames out of my grasp, though I am considering buying a Clubhouse for us GAFfers who want to use Home as a jumping off point for multiplayer games.
Thanks for the info guys. I've yet to purchase DLC of any kind -ever- (though I have purchased DD psn games), so I'm not too keen on the idea of paying for shirts, furniture, frames, etc. I think I can enjoy home as it is, for now. I have to reinstall it and then I'll try to setup a nice place. I think I only have one costume saved and just one personal space, and since I deleted the application, I don't even know if that's there.

I remember sort of remember the Far Cry, (?) Resident Evil and Uncharted spaces. Besides those, which ones do you recommend? That nice looking beach is JPN only? I have a jpn account, but no friends on my jpn list. hmmm.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
More pics just because I can

Thanks to the camera 1st person view, I can now take a closer look at my RE5 trophies.
2utlqx3.jpg

Helghast painting is huge.
24oydmr.jpg

Just like the Helghan plant.
25gdsnt.jpg

Some fresh air
1073o1f.jpg

Hmm... what should I do now? Think, think!
2dlpst4.jpg

5 minutes later, I'm in central plaza doing stupid thing with ladies. Like...

I'm here!
20msty.jpg

Yeah!
34ez637.jpg

Showing off. Got some attention.
s3zwb7.jpg

Posing for pic. Some lols
2ccnjvk.jpg

Enough playing around. Let's get serious. Let's go look for hot chicks. Here is one (with angry boyfriend)
5vox05.jpg

Better leave and check the bowling place. Hello there.
33nyv84.jpg

Three virtual chicks in one shot. No! Four! Did I get a trophy?
2dcaasg.jpg

Hot! (Flash reflection in the eyes!)
mw477b.jpg

Bad ass chick at the pool table
mm3qqh.jpg

Let me find a nice angle here...
21an1q8.jpg

OMFG WTF AAAARGHHHH!!!!!!!
1z6hb86.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Camera's a nice addition. And they finally added the Archieves for Biohazard 5 to the space. (But oddly, it still has "Coming soon..." in the main space. Misleading, much?) So, they fixd one of my complaints. Now if they gave us things to do in our (free) Homespaces (like game tables...) I wouldn't be so disappointed with Home.

(And if they fixed the dead body avatars. :/ No, new animations don't fix this problem)

Oni Jazar said:
Whoa is that a real reflection on those glasses?

I don't have these glasses but I know from other shiny objects that it's indeed a reflection of the room/environment but w/o avatars or user furniture/objects.

Ravidrath

Anyone else had crashes on Initialization since 1.3 came out?

Thought I'd check it out, and twice now it's crashed at the same point... Shortly after hitting X to jump in, the crash hard-crashes while the WWW loading throbber is up. Nothing works, including the PS button, and I have to turn the power off.

Estival

Ravidrath said:

Thought I'd check it out, and twice now it's crashed at the same point... Shortly after hitting X to jump in, the crash hard-crashes while the WWW loading throbber is up. Nothing works, including the PS button, and I have to turn the power off.
Just tried to get on it, and the same thing is happening to me.

spats

Ravidrath said:

This has been addressed here a few times already, but apparently the crash is caused by certain furniture like the fat princess throne. I'm pretty sure there's a patch on the way but if you absolutely want on home, you can delete the client and reinstall it. Worked for me.

tirminyl

Ravidrath said:

I thought the resolution was to delete Home and re-install, OR delete the space it is attempting to load you into. When I updated to 1.3, Home would not go past the initializing point. I deleted and re-installed and it attempted to load me to the Bat cave but kept freezing. I deleted the space and it worked and has worked since.

Edeuinu

Some dude in front of the Q Games shirt shop
2j0mbyh.jpg

Random
ilhems.jpg

I'm not fat
2wmjhie.jpg

Nice view
11vs45g.jpg

Hot Shots space
2d1vlp1.jpg

Creepy sob
qzomfl.jpg

RE5 treasure
165ea0.jpg

Random crap I duno where to put yet
bi8ahi.jpg

lol chris angel
9j0p54.jpg

Bring it Heihachi
otqe0g.jpg

2utj56x.jpg

rwmoah.jpg

i23tb6.jpg

30ushhz.jpg

Patio'n
v5bgao.jpg

2h3u7av.jpg

w70fwm.jpg

Bowling
25jxi01.jpg

20z487o.jpg

I took more, plus JP home but the pictures didn't copy over to my usb drive correctly for some reason.

Yazuka

A shame about the picture-frame in EU HOME. UIts one of the few things i actually want to buy from HOME.
Wasn't there Street Fighter clothes in EU HOME to, or have I just been dreaming that? Can't find anything there now. Either that or I'm not looking hard enough.

Yazuka said:
A shame about the picture-frame in EU HOME. UIts one of the few things i actually want to buy from HOME.

Actually I have a problem with paying for that.
I think all features of the software should be free to use for everyone, that includes club houses.
It just seems as a limited experience which has a negative impact on Home.
Imagine they will do the same to music&video sharing.

Paying for avatar clothing etc. is totally fine, I don't buy anything as it's kinda only something for the people who actually use Home as a social platform, but it keeps a free service alive w/o excluding non-paying users.

Oni Jazar

Beaterator coming to Home with user generated content?

Now that Beaterator is finally out, RockStar has started a series of monthly Beaterator parties in Sony's exclusive Listen@Home space in PlayStation Home. Gamers should upload their Beaterator tracks onto the Rockstar Social Club and the top songs will be played during the Beaterator Sessions! So get your PSPs ready and make some killer songs. The first party is on October 16th, so get your butts in gear. Beaterator is available on UMD and will be available for iTouch and the iPhone later in the fall. Check back for our review of the music mixer later this week!

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazi.../10/rockstar-games-beaterator-music-sessions/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Article on the evolution of Home from social network to 'game platform':

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25567

This revelation was fueled by seeing what developers did with the platform, he says. In particular, EA's EA Sports space implemented a Texas Hold 'Em poker game that made the team realize the potential of Home to host games -- including what Buser describes as "mini MMOs."

While Home spaces originally served essentially as marketing for game titles, Buser says that now, "these are full on branded products in their own right -- they are games."

New Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted spaces coming soon:

The soon-to-launch Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted spaces include minigames that are much more elaborate than what Home has seen before -- an R&C shooting gallery-style game is pictured above. "Everything is social, fun, repeatable. That is the guiding light -- that's what this platform is really good at doing," says Buser.

Pic from one of the Ratchet minigames:
homeao.jpg

Some more one of the new Uncharted games:

One of the more impressive bits of the demo was a strategy card/board game in the Uncharted space called Fortunate Thieves -- a multiplayer hex-map based game with cards that create different effects on the game. Not only does it show what sorts of experiences can be built in Home 1.3, it also serves as a launch pad for developers' understanding; Coleman invites them to come check it out and see what's possible.

And it's extensible, he says. "We could do any number of things to keep this game live and to keep this game fresh. We could make it portable; we could put it in people's apartments, eventually. We could update the map pack; we could make new maps and dynamic maps. We could even update the cards and have secret cards. We're talking about this technology to have users to have this experience that is evergreen and can see for a long time. It's about social, repeatable, fun, and dynamic games that are always changing and being fun for people."

They say they're getting 10 to 15 pitches a week for Home now, for new content, but they want more small devs to get involved:

"If people want to build for Home, we're happy to hear their concepts and ideas. You come to us and say, 'Hey, I've got this idea,' and the process starts. Right now, we want the right stuff on the platform. We want the right kind of thinking." Developers can email home_submissions@playstation.sony.com to find out more.

Maybe GAF people should ask for a kit and make a neoGAF space :p

MrPliskin

Banned
I've tried everything, and I can't get into Home, mainly because it boots me into my Home Space, I have no choice.

I understand that certain items are unstable and cause crashes? I've tried uninstalling, updating firmware, nothing is working. Any news / tips?

Oni Jazar

MrPliskin said:
I've tried everything, and I can't get into Home, mainly because it boots me into my Home Space, I have no choice.

I understand that certain items are unstable and cause crashes? I've tried uninstalling, updating firmware, nothing is working. Any news / tips?

Try deleting your personal data. That will not delete any items you may have just your apartment settings and avatar appearance.

Oni Jazar said:
Try deleting your personal data. That will not delete any items you may have just your apartment settings and avatar appearance.

you don't have to delete the settings savegame, just the apartment one.

Oni Jazar

Ratchet & Clank is the first Home space that comes out before the game. I always thought that would be one of the best uses of Home. Give people a taste of the level, art, music and theme before the game is out on store shelves.

DMeisterJ

Banned
AndyD said:
I think he also said unlockable personal spaces in that video...

I thought the Suit was a reward for preorderign ACIT, it must be a different suit then?

Correct, we can win a personal space.

And there is a different shirt you will get by pre-ordering the game from Game Crazy.

I hope that the minigames here are much easier than the ones at the Resistance Station. Getting a million on that game was nigh impossible.

Deadquarters Personal Space

Were celebrating Halloween PlayStation Home-style this year by releasing a very special personal apartment that you can use to undead yourself and all of your friends. The Deadquarters is a hideout set on the other side of the proverbial tracks where you can let your inner zombie loose. But the best part isnt that the Deadquarters transforms you into a zombie upon entry; its that the Deadquarters transforms you and all of your friends into zombies upon entry. But we warn you not everybody wants you to have fun this Halloween. Mr. R. Phunrooner, President of the so-called Society of People Against Zombies is on a mission to ban the Deadquarters and all related zombies from the world of PlayStation Home. So if you are decaying and proud of it, youll need to log in to PlayStation Home, grab your closest friends, and head over to the Deadquarters to make the transformation this Thursday. You can learn more about this space and what you can do to ensure an epic Halloween in PlayStation Home by visiting http://undeadyourself.com/

Pretty funny ads on the undead site :lol

pop6.jpg

pop4.jpg

pop1.jpg

pop3.jpg

pop2.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hmm. Went to check this out, went into home, it prompted me for the 1.3 update. Updated, went back in, but now it hangs on 'initialising'. I can't access the in-game xmb to quit, so I have to restart my machine manually. Tried again, same result.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
gofreak said:
Hmm. Went to check this out, went into home, it prompted me for the 1.3 update. Updated, went back in, but now it hangs on 'initialising'. I can't access the in-game xmb to quit, so I have to restart my machine manually. Tried again, same result.

Same thing happened to me. Apparently you have to delete your apt saved data.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TONX said:

Thanks - no joy though. I deleted the game data entry for Home and saved data stuff. Also updated to latest FW.

Still hangs on 'initialising'. :(

No45

TONX said:
Yeah, I deleted all locally stored data for Home and it worked for me. Just means the first time you run it afterwards takes some time.

Shurs

gofreak said:
Thanks - no joy though. I deleted the game data entry for Home and saved data stuff. Also updated to latest FW.

Still hangs on 'initialising'. :(

Press triangle on the Home Icon in the XMB, delete it, re-download the software and then it should work.

Oni Jazar

Two things that really show how pathetic the Home team can be:

1) The 1.3 patch pretty much completely causes everyone's Home application to crash after update. The only way to fix this is to delete Home (and sometimes user data) and reinstall. Why they haven't fixed this yet is just mind blowing. People that have a very casual experience to home (i.e. won't care to look online for help) try to boot up and haven't been able to enter Home for weeks.

2) Home downtime occurs every Thursday morning. Why the hell haven't the Home devs implemented a friendly notice when trying to log into Home? When people try to login it's just some random network error that pops up after a 30 seconds or so timeout. It may be permissable if it wasn't for the fact that this is a weekly occurance. Every Thursday morning on the official forums there are people complaining - HOME ISN"T WORKING! WHY CANT I GET ON HOME BLARG!. A simple response when booting up Home from an always live server returning the status of Home servers saying that they are down for weekly mantenance and will be up soon would give people the necessary information to wait.

regarding the R&C space: nice, but as you would imagine the avatar clothing (Ratchet costume tc.) and the personal space cost money. I guess the video was a bit misleading.

Septimus

Same thing happened to me back when 1.3 came out. Just delete the Home icon on the Network column of the XMB. Then redownload it from the same column. Only 300ish MB I think.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Shurs said:
Press triangle on the Home Icon in the XMB, delete it, re-download the software and then it should work.

This worked, thanks. Bit of a PITA to have to do that!

If this is happening for lots of people then that's an epic, epic fail. So many people out there wouldn't know how to fix this at all, and wouldn't have the means to find out.

Top Bottom