• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

Namomura said:
10editeurs20070323_012703_13_big.jpg

Michael Jackson was there, too :D

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
From the JeuxFrance "article":

* The official PS3 special event bombed: Sony put a boat in front of the Eiffel tower, a few dozen persons showed up, not including the Xbox360 boat you can see above

* The Fnac Champs Elysées held its own special event, which bombed even worse: they got 5 clients top.

sangreal

Masklinn said:

* The official PS3 special event bombed: Sony put a boat in front of the Eiffel tower, a few dozen persons showed up

The boat was carrying 1,000 PS3s btw
:lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Masklinn said:

* The official PS3 special event bombed: Sony put a boat in front of the Eiffel tower, a few dozen persons showed up, not including the Xbox360 boat you can see above

* The Fnac Champs Elysées held its own special event, which bombed even worse: they got 5 clients top.

what the hell? I can't be the only one who thought there would be at least 10 times more activity right? I actually went to a midnight launch tonight, not a lot of people there too. This is just crazy, especially considering it's Europe... wow.

vasuba

Banned
Darunia said:
what the hell? I can't be the only one who thought there would be at least 10 times more activity right? I actually went to a midnight launch tonight, not a lot of people there too. This is just crazy, especially considering it's Europe... wow.

definetlynot looking good. I mean they reported in australia they didnt even start getting people til like an hour or so before launch. I sat my ass in line for 26 hours to get a Wii and by the time of launch there was 200 people in line for 30 systems

AdamChrisH said:
LMAO! Good old Microsoft, they get respect points for that... Talk about kicking someone when they're down!

Somehow I doubt it would have been as respected had the move been made by Sony in regards to an Xbox launch.

Anyway, it does seem eerily like certain other console launches in recent memory. How do the French typically take to launch times?

vasuba

Banned
RumpledForeskin said:
Maybe it was early in the event. I doubt doubt those pics are a true representation of the event.

Its launch day even if the photo was 4 hours early only 1 person? the line should have broken down the barriers 10 hours earlier

karasu

AltogetherAndrews said:
Somehow I doubt it would have been as respected had the move been made by Sony in regards to an Xbox launch.

It would have been call arrogant. No doubtl

AltogetherAndrews said:

Anyway, it does seem eerily like certain other console launches in recent memory. How do the French typically take to launch times?

France is where the famous ps2 launch "riot" pic came from

C4Lukins

AltogetherAndrews said:

There are some pretty insane movies of the PS2 launch in France, with people going ape shit. I'lll see if I can find them.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZl0zlka08

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
RumpledForeskin said:
I doubt doubt those pics are a true representation of the event.

if you doubt doubt does that mean you are fairly certain?

AltogetherAndrews said:
How do the French typically take to launch times?

did you miss the chaos in paris when Wii launched?

Namomura

Also, a funny phone message "have a nice time !" from Xbox 360 Microsoft Team at PS3 launch :lol

10editeurs20070323_014414_0_big

:lol :lol :lol :lol

----

Banned
Reminds me of an Xbox launch in Japan, except this actually looks even worse since it's a much bigger territory.

zsidane

Hey guys, know that this video has been taken from a live show on Game One, a french gaming TV with a huge popularity there.
Good job Microsoft :lol

Top Bottom