• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

OokieSpookie said:
Since when do internet assclowns care about facts.

I mean who needs facts when you have "har har sony am dead amirite lolzbbq! " bullshit.

Oh come on now, they were probably just on their way to a real party and bribed to pose for the camera.

Tabris

Ash Sparrow said:
The angles those pictures are taken at almost tell a story in themselves

People sure are coming up with any kind of excuse to make it seem like a small launch.

I think it's hillarious people jumped on it when someone lied and was like "there's 1 person there" then when people showed pictures of like 50+, it was "oh, they are just taking angled pictures to make it seem like a bunch". The sony hate is ridiculious.

and now the other team starts to spin!

This is an exciting match, Bob! Brought to you by Burger King! Try our new Chicken Fries! And Dodge! Maker of the RAM!

Ceb

Pilopo said:
So what ? pics of 20ish people prove what ?

PS3 hype isnt there. MOST of them arent going to buy it, lots of people came in with friends or just to watch the special event held by Sony.

You're right, the pics must lie... thank god we have your word as "proof".

Lefty42o

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
and now the other team starts to spin!

This is an exciting match, Bob! Brought to you by Burger King! Try our new Chicken Fries! And Dodge! Maker of the RAM!

did u say fries. me so hungry lol

Evlar

Banned
Tabris said:
People sure are coming up with any kind of excuse to make it seem like a small launch.

I think it's hillarious people jumped on it when someone lied and was like "there's 1 person there" then when people showed pictures of like 50+, it was "oh, they are just taking angled pictures to make it seem like a bunch"
I don't know, maybe I'm being really unfair, but for the time being I'm going to believe the people who were actually there.

_Angelus_

Banned
BOMBA.jpg

vasuba

Banned
Tabris said:

I think it's hillarious people jumped on it when someone lied and was like "there's 1 person there" then when people showed pictures of like 50+, it was "oh, they are just taking angled pictures to make it seem like a bunch". The sony hate is ridiculious.

I think its funny Sony fans are trying to spin it as if 50 people is a successful launch party. Sony had 1000 PS3s on the barge to sell. 50 people or 1 person or 20 is a disaster

OokieSpookie said:

I mean first the pic of the one person clearly out of context, then pics like this

10editeurs20070323_012706_19_big.jpg

or this
10editeurs20070323_014243_3_big.jpg

or this
10editeurs20070323_014245_5_big.jpg

I mean who needs facts when you have "har har sony am dead amirite lolzbbq! " bullshit.

Are the people in that top pic actually queuing? It looks more like they're watching the media circus.

The 2 pics below that are of the same bunch of people, from front and behind (see the guy with the grey hat).

spwolf

AltogetherAndrews said:
Oh come on now, they were probably just on their way to a real party and bribed to pose for the camera.

seriously though, probably bunch of extra's hoping to work in Hollywood...

sphinx

the piano man
I am on the sony fans's side this time. I think the media is trying to make the EU launch worse than it actually is.

some pics show a decent gathering of people. Maybe not a PS2 riot but certainly not the 360-in-japan fiasco.

I think I'll wait for proper serious media coverage to get a diagnose of the launch.

sangreal

Tabris said:

Even using your number of 50 people I wouldn't call it anything but a failure. Sony carried 1,000 PS3s down the river for this event

toomuch73 said:
I just come back from the french PS3 event at Paris - La Tour Eiffel. It was the worst launch ever seen before. Just 20 people in the line were waiting to buy the PS3.... :lol I will post the screens in few mins.

Still waiting...

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Just because I crave drama
Namomura said:
All the people you see on those photos are journalists / staff from Sony & Fnac... not real PS3 buyers.
Have fun.

what's up with all the dudes in those identical black hats, and why are they all going way out of the way to all hide their faces?
Fnac employees. Check out the logos.

M3Freak said:
Good old Microsoft? Respect points?

Yikes.

Crazy, isn't it? I guess it's a funny instance of marketing, but what in the hell is it about that makes it deserving of respect? As said, this would have been largely booed had it been a Sony move.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
shpankey said:
what's up with all the dudes in those identical black hats, and why are they all going way out of the way to all hide their faces?

mentioned already. they're extras that wish to remain anonymous, obviously

Lefty42o

Banned
GarthVaderUK said:
Are the people in that top pic actually queuing? It looks more like they're watching the media circus.

The 2 pics below that are of the same bunch of people, from front and behind (see the guy with the grey hat).

yeah i saw that 2. good eye

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
OokieSpookie said:
*picture of people in paris at night

Check it out. More PS3 launch pictures!

pari-roller-crowd.jpg

BigPhotoParis48-thumb.jpg

2006airbus.jpg

Loops said:
oh no, they are not...nobody knows it's out (i mean"normal" people).

it was a joke reference to a thread about PS3 launch in London

Tabris said:

Dude 25 of those people are press. I'm in no ways a Sony hater and I too still laugh a pictures from the Xbox Japanese launch :lol

lighten up:lol

shpankey said:

They don't want their mothers to see them, so they won't have to explain about the missing 700 euros from the drawer.....

Ryu1999

AltogetherAndrews said:
Crazy, isn't it? I guess it's a funny instance of marketing, but what in the hell is it about that makes it deserving of respect? As said, this would have been largely booed had it been a Sony move.

No, its just the usual Sony paranoia amirite?

NinSoX

Banned
It was fun while it lasted. I don't understand the people who are finally coming out and being defensive about it and sounding, for whatever reason, self righteous about it.

OokieSpookie said:

I mean first the pic of the one person clearly out of context, then pics like this

10editeurs20070323_012706_19_big.jpg

or this
10editeurs20070323_014243_3_big.jpg

or this
10editeurs20070323_014245_5_big.jpg

29pay2r.jpg

"People can do amazing things with Photoshop and camera angles. I can't count more than 20 people! They're there for the atmosphere."

What's the over-under for how many photoshops "rail guy" will appear in over the next few months? In this thread?

My guess is 72 for the former and 11 for the latter.

vasuba

Banned
pretty much every picture of the "line" is the same group from different angles. flop confirmed in each picture

Mar

This news had made my day. Hilarious.

I've made it clear before that I want to see Sony humbled. Just like how I felt when Nintendo were the arrogant leader of the video game world.

And this is the mightiest humbling of them all.

Top Bottom