• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

_Angelus_

Banned
Pilopo said:
Pics made by users of big french forum :

batmanbomb.gif

"At the London launch everyone who bought a PS3 also received a free 46-inch HD television and a taxi home.

In total, the giveaway amounted to £250,000 worth of televisons to more than 100 gamers."

Oh that's BAD.

vasuba

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"At the London launch everyone who bought a PS3 also received a free 46-inch HD television and a taxi home.

In total, the giveaway amounted to £250,000 worth of televisons to more than 100 gamers."

Oh that's BAD.

think its worse a free 46 inch hdtv etc couldnt lure more then a 100 or so people out to launch :p

vasuba

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Quick... someone spin Sony giving away tv's with the PS3 a bad thing... quick, I need to rest easy...

Think having to give away Free 46 inch HDTVs is enough spin on its own merits lol. and only manage to lure 100 people with that offer lol

Norse

SovanJedi said:
Microsoft is run by the cheekiest bunch of bastards on the entire planet.

hehehe....dontcha just love em?

There should be pretty good crowd at main party..Sony pretty much had every employee attend.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
John Houlihan, editor of Computer and Videogames.com, said the initial line-up of games for the machine was "fairly decent".

"It lacks a must-buy, stand-out game. Six months down the line we will see Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo and more PlayStation bankers."

six months until GT you say?

J-Rzez said:
Quick... someone spin Sony giving away tv's with the PS3 a bad thing... quick, I need to rest easy...

i could pull up that recent quote where Sony attributed MS's holidy success to specials like a free extra controller, etc but i cant be arsed

so pretend that i shamed them

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'll wait for the sales numbers before conclusions are made.

That pic with the short guy in front is begging for a Chad Wardenn photoshop...

Tobor

J-Rzez said:

I don't know...here's 3 off the top of my head.

Nintendo didn't have to give away free TVs to get people to come out.

Now all Sony has to do is give away free consoles and games, and they will have a hit on there hands!

Sony finally found a way to make the PS3 seem affordable!

The possibilities are pretty endless, really.

Danj

vasuba said:
Think having to give away Free 46 inch HDTVs is enough spin on its own merits lol. and only manage to lure 100 people with that offer lol

I think what people are forgetting is this free TV offer WAS NOT ADVERTISED. Only 100 people got it because nobody knew about it.

methane47

Tobor said:
I don't know...here's 3 off the top of my head.

Nintendo didn't have to give away free TVs to get people to come out.

Now all Sony has to do is give away free consoles and games, and they will have a hit on there hands!

Sony finally found a way to make the PS3 seem affordable!

The possibilities are pretty endless, really.

you fail...

You could have blasted them for wasting money on free TV's instead of dropping the price...

Top Bottom