• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Oblivion Delayed

J-Rzez

Well, apparently many, agree that Resistance is a great game... Long game, decent story, crazy weapons/tactics, very robust online... Yeah... it's going to suck worse than CoD3...

C4Lukins

DarienA said:
Is this a poor launch?

I have to ask though so hear me out on this one. Most of your upfront purchase folks who are actually going to PLAY the thing are going to be looking for sports games and fps.... that's the reality of it. EA is representing with Madden, 2K has some titles... you've got your Call of Duty and Resistance.

So while the # of launch titles is low, I think the ones that most folks are going to purchase(quality-wise) folks are probably going to be pretty happy with them.

It's just me who is pretty much out of luck at this point as my genre's aren't well represented.

EDIT: I got your point Razor, thanks.

It is not a bad launch, especially for someone who does not already have a 360. It just looks crappy because equivalent versions of several of those games are already out, and most of the rest have equivalent ports coming out on the 360. But if you do not have a 360, there are at least a half dozen really good games coming out right off the bat. What is sort of strange about the launch, is that there is no more at launch there aimed for a Japanese gamer then there was for the 360 at launch.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Unison said:
My mind boggles that everyone considers Resistance to be a AAA killer app title. What is this based on? It's not a great game at all.
I don't know, you're going from one extreme to the other here (can't be AAA so it must be not great at all), where few others are going to either place. Most people looking forward to RFOM seem fully capable of acknowledging it doesn't reinvent the wheel or significantly evolve the genre but does provide a robust, well-tuned entry in the genre.

J-Rzez said:
Well, apparently many, agree that Resistance is a great game... Long game, decent story, crazy weapons/tactics, very robust online... Yeah... it's going to suck worse than CoD3...

COD3 doesn't suck...so that's a feeble attempt at sarcasm and a horrible analogy if anything it's a compliment :)

not complete. Every site still has FA2 as a launch title, and my gamestop does too.

Man that game really is getting NO attention what so ever

That wiki site even has the realease date listed for launch if you go into the game listing for it

antiloop

Oh well, you always got the 3000 or so BC titles to play if nothing else. (plus the arcade titles) ;)

I really hope Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm will make it to Europe launch.

There's always Blu-Ray movie playback. That's the best reason to get a PS3 at launch instead of 2007.

Let's face it; most systems aren't must-buy based on launch titles. This is not unusual.

Mojovonio said:
did you play the first one?
heh expecting someone to say that. Yeah i actually did, I liked it. There hasn't been a good car combat game out in awhile and i liked it. The second one is looking really nice, and the online was fun. This one looks to has some gameplay inprovments too.

Speevy

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
There's always Blu-Ray movie playback. That's the best reason to get a PS3 at launch instead of 2007.

No it isn't. The best reason is games. Resistance: Fall of Man and Ridge Racer 7.

Mojovonio

Banned
BobTheFork said:
heh expecting someone to say that. Yeah i actually did, I liked it. There hasn't been a good car combat game out in awhile and i liked it. The second one is looking really nice, and the online was fun. This one looks to has some gameplay inprovments too.

you're alone on that opinion.

J-Rzez said:
WHAT? YOU MEAN RESISTANCE AINT WW2-NAZI-SHOOTER#15248?????? INSTANT FLOP GUARANTEED

Mojovonio said:
you're alone on that opinion.
I'm not saying it was the second coming of twisted metal. I played enough matches of it online, im sure as hell not the only person who liked it.

frAntic_Frog said:
WHAT? YOU MEAN RESISTANCE AINT WW2-NAZI-SHOOTER#15248?????? INSTANT FLOP GUARANTEED
Never underestimate how much people want to kill nazi's i guess

rastex said:
According to EBGames it ships on the 20th of November, that's what I'm using for my list (I actually knew about the Oblivion delay 2 days ago because of EBGames...). The list is the games that will be available on the 17th, go into the store and pick them up with your PS3 hardware.
well its still missing FA2 which will be launch day.

rastex

Banned
---- said:
Need For Speed: Carbon I think is still a launch game, so should be 15 total for launch day.

According to EBGames it ships on the 20th of November, that's what I'm using for my list (I actually knew about the Oblivion delay 2 days ago because of EBGames...). The list is the games that will be available on the 17th, go into the store and pick them up with your PS3 hardware.

Mojovonio

Banned
BobTheFork said:
I'm not saying it was the second coming of twisted metal. I played enough matches of it online, im sure as hell not the only person who liked it.

Its great if you like it, but for me, the game was just bland and technically broken.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Speevy said:
No it isn't. The best reason is games. Resistance: Fall of Man and Ridge Racer 7.
No the best reason is downloadable Gripshift hopefully within the first 3-4 months of launch complete with full-on track creation and sharing. So awesome.

rastex

Banned
BobTheFork said:
not complete. Every site still has FA2 as a launch title, and my gamestop does too.

Man that game really is getting NO attention what so ever

That wiki site even has the realease date listed for launch if you go into the game listing for it

Again, going by EBGames, FA2 isn't going to be available on the 17th, that's why it's not listed.

If FA2 IS on launch day, then I, or someone will edit the list. And I have the full list formatted better, with links to screenshots and media (most screenshots from the AWESOME GAF thread), find it here

Speevy

Banned
kaching said:
No the best reason is downloadable Gripshift hopefully within the first 3-4 months of launch complete with full-on track creation and sharing. So awesome.

I'm talking about launch day.

ManaByte

Gold Member
kaching said:

And it looks GREAT :)

Can't wait for that to hit.

----

Banned
rastex said:
Again, going by EBGames, FA2 isn't going to be available on the 17th, that's why it's not listed.

If FA2 IS on launch day, then I, or someone will edit the list. And I have the full list formatted better, with links to screenshots and media (most screenshots from the AWESOME GAF thread), find it here
EBGames.com has Full Auto 2 coming out December 12th

---- said:
EBGames.com has Full Auto 2 coming out December 12th
Gamespot.com has it as november 17. My gamestop says they are still expecting it for lkaunch. Damn i hope, that would really piss me off.

making launch - listed from:
bestbuy.com
ign.com
1up.com
Toysrus.com

Actually most of these sites list it as coming tuesday

There are 15 launch titles! Believe

Soul4ger said:
PS3 launch:

Ridge Racer
Untold Legends
Resistance
NBA 2K7
NHL 2K7
Madden 2007
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Marvel: UA
Call of Dooty 3
Gundam
Blazing Angels

Uhhh...

Genji
Rainbow Six: Vegas?

Is that it?
That A BAD launch lineup. Well right now I don't want the PS3 for $600 or $500. I might by one later when better games come out. If people by a PS3 wwith that sorry line up they are crazy.

Bebpo

Banned
sonic4ever said:
That A BAD launch lineup. Well right now I don't want the PS3 for $600 or $500. I might by one later when better games come out. If people by a PS3 wwith that sorry line up they are crazy.

Sarcasm?

Resistance + RR7 = two 9.0+ games most likely and then Motorstorm JPN (dec 7th) a few weeks later and F1 JPN (dec 21) before the end of the year. If all those games come through in the end it'd be a stronger launch lineup than the X360 or PS2 had for sure.

Soul4ger

Well, RR7 might get 9.0s in Japan... But if the domestic RR6 reviews are anything to go buy, I'd say 7.0s are more likely...

ManaByte

Gold Member
Soul4ger said:
Well, RR7 might get 9.0s in Japan... But if the domestic RR6 reviews are anything to go buy, I'd say 7.0s are more likely...

And F1 is great for the 1% of North America that cares about F1...

Bebpo

Banned
Soul4ger said:

True. But the only reviews out so far (Japan) are extremely high, which is promising.

ManaByte said:
And F1 is great for the 1% of North America that cares about F1...

Yeah, but everyone cares about graphics and it's one of the best looking if not the best looking game on the PS3 and the best looking racer out there. That's enough to get people to play it even if they aren't into F1 (it'll be my first F1 game).

Zifnab

Ynos Yrros said:
Voodoo Extreme, never heard of this part of IGN.

It used to be an independent site like Evil Avatar or Bluesnews. Then it became part of IGN and went totally downhill. The site is crap now, which is probably why you didn't know about it.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
TekunoRobby said:
Reminds me of the 360 launch. :|

I agree. There are a good number of popular titles but nothing that's going to set the world on fire. It's kind of a shame, because console launches are supposed to be exciting. I think in retrospect, the launches this generation will be viewed as the least exciting yet.

Kingpen said:
Yeah, the PS3 launch is really dwindling.....

I think a lot of the casuals will probably buy a PS3 with Resistance to at least have something. It make the compelling argument though of 'why not buy a 360, get Gears of War (which has a very good possibility of rating higher then resistance now since the scores have come out) and save some money (anywhere between 50 and 150 bucks)
Were people really expecting Resistance to outscore GoW? I thought the sentiment was just the opposite.

Fady K

Hey, this probably means that we wont get a screwed up port like Activision's Tony Hawk's Project 8 on the PS3. Ill wait gladly. I blame Sony for the hurdles in the hardware development, but after the time taken to understand this complicated development for the machine, well probably get amazing results.

Top Bottom