• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 v2.70 walkthrough up!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
-PS Store now has the ability to include scrollable windows in the front pages

-Lots of little PS3-for-dummies text added everywhere

-Themes are now arranged alphabetically

...are a few items new. :D

Returners

Also:

Triangle on game now has "Internet Search"
What it does is, it searches Google with the name of the game.

I love the little interface tweaks here and there.

edit: love the store top downloads, now you can see top 20 without going into a menu!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Returners said:
Also:

Triangle on game now has "Internet Search"

What it does is, it searches Google with the name of the game.

Hah, that's actually pretty cool. It should append the gamefaqs link as the first google result.

Ploid 3.0

Cruzader said:
In-GAME XMB GAF chat = EPIC

Oh man, so much fun in gafchat. Loving it. It's like IRC. We're even making IRC jokes. My keyboard will be plugged in full time until I get a blue tooth one. Fun fun.

Kittonwy

Banned
I like cross game text chat rawr.
angry.gif

biocat

Just my opinion but I would prefer text chat to voice. Maybe I'm getting old but I don't like hearing cracking teenage voices.

biocat said:
Just my opinion but I would prefer text chat to voice. Maybe I'm getting old but I don't like hearing cracking teenage voices.
If that's who your friend list is made up of you will have that problem. I think that most people want it for social interaction with their friends, not random people.

Cruzader

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
Looks like I'll be using this text chat just as much as I use Windows Live Messenger on my 360.
Which is never.
sorry but that IM is lame. Its way sluggish compared to the chat thing we just got. Its so fast and smooth.

Cruzader said:
sorry but that IM is lame. Its way sluggish compared to the chat thing we just got. Its so fast and smooth.
No need to say sorry. I've never even used Windows Messenger before nor do I know anyone who does. I haven't used any Instant Messenger since I was in high school, which was close to seven years ago. I'm just saying now that I've got the 2.7 update this text chat is as meaningless to me as the main feature of the 360's Spring 2007 update.

I do appreciate the small performance enhancements and other tweaks, though.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im down with text chat, itll be handy in sf IV sessions :D

You still cant delete or apply saved data en masse right? Its annoying when Im dealing with PES system files and I have to deal with over 100 files one at a time -_-

Dante

Joost now works in the PS3 browser. Seems to be running faster than Hulu even. Full screen works nicer also

ok text chat is pretty cool and yay being able to copy/paste in browser.

The best thing about this update is how fast XMB/trophies are now.

spwolf

a Master Ninja said:
No need to say sorry. I've never even used Windows Messenger before nor do I know anyone who does. I haven't used any Instant Messenger since I was in high school, which was close to seven years ago. I'm just saying now that I've got the 2.7 update this text chat is as meaningless to me as the main feature of the 360's Spring 2007 update.

I do appreciate the small performance enhancements and other tweaks, though.

hundreds of millions of people use IM, so what if you dont?

kassatsu said:
That is old. They did that last week.

I don't remember that :lol

Anyways, the great thing about this update IMO is that now you're able to back up the videos you have purchased off the Video Store, still not the perfect solution, ideally your purchase would be tied to your PSN and not the machine, but still a step in the right direction, I might actually buy a couple of TV Shows I was wanting to buy now....maybe.

biocat

blindrocket said:
If that's who your friend list is made up of you will have that problem. I think that most people want it for social interaction with their friends, not random people.

My friends list is fine. The random people I may happen to play with online is a whole other story.

I can see your point as well, though.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
kassatsu said:
That is old. They did that last week.
I dont mean the left side, but the right side with all the text. Im positive that wasnt scrollable before.

Web browser is so much more awesome now. GAF chat was great...this thing is awesome.

spwolf said:
hundreds of millions of people use IM, so what if you dont?
a Master Ninja said:
I'm just saying now that I've got the 2.7 update this text chat is as meaningless to me as the main feature of the 360's Spring 2007 update.
What's the problem here? I appreciate other aspects of this update, but am indifferent on the biggest new feature.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The little chat thingie is much better than I thought actually, at least it was with all the GAF people on it. It was like having realtime GAF happen while you're watching a video, or playing a game (as chat goes on in the notification windows when you're not on the main chat screen), pretty nice - especially when you see that a member of the chat is playing something, so you can post a line pretending that a game is talking to him :p

And yeah, comparing trophies is so much faster now.

a Master Ninja said:
What's the problem here? I appreciate other aspects of this update, but am indifferent on the biggest new feature.
I thought it would completely suck honestly, but tonight it was fun with all the gaffers. You kinda need keyboard or that little keypad to make any good use of it though.

RuGalz

Love the text chat but damn now I wish PS3 has multi-mon support. Playing a game while in GAF chat room is very very distracting lol.

Firewire

Banned
Listening to music, browsing gaf and having the chat running on the triple is awesome. Need to try this in K2 multiplayer!

Top Bottom