• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 v2.70 walkthrough up!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gbeav said:
Stupid update broke my Smashing Pumpkins rip. Everything else seems to play.

What does Sony have against the Pumpkins!
Good taste ? :lol
Just jokin' man, rip the CD again and it will work

dfyb

Banned
stealth feature: inviting friends now lists online friends first. instead of online/offline all in one group

Guymelef said:
Yes, can a friend invite people to your chat room?

yes. you can see the people in the chat. i would have liked an option to add them as a friend if i desire too but then again asking sony won't do anything.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DMPrince said:
yes. you can see the people in the chat. i would have liked an option to add them as a friend if i desire too but then again asking sony won't do anything.
listentolinkinpark.jpg

Sorry it had to be done v_v

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Add connect and braid to the list of cencorship lol. Someone make a thread for this important list of words!

Fersis

The ingame XMB loads faster ?
17% here -__-

LiquidMetal14

I can confirm that the chat has been designed by the kid from malcolm in the middle. You have
to type
like this quite
a lot men

and take
deep
[exhaustion]breaths [/exhaustion]

edgefusion

Nice update but wth with the character limit? Did nobody at Sony stop and say "Hey this is pretty annoying, let's up the limit!"? How did it get past quality control?

-PXG-

SuperSonic1305 said:
Live doesn't even have chatrooms.

You can voice chat with up to seven other people while doing anything from anywhere. I don't want to turn this into a console war, but why the fuck would I want to text chat while in a game or watching a movie?

Fersis

edgefusion said:
Nice update but wth with the character limit? Did nobody at Sony stop and say "Hey this is pretty annoying, let's up the limit!"? How did it get past quality control?
Maybe some technical limitation ?

Gbeav

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
I can confirm that the chat has been designed by the kid from malcolm in the middle. You have
to type
like this quite
a lot men

and take
deep
[exhaustion]breaths [/exhaustion]

Now that
is dumb.

LiquidMetal14

Life lock is now officially a partner with Sony. You type in your social and it cencors! You can now do this on your PS3 without worries. No more accidental typing of your socials in chat rooms and regretting it folks!! LIFELOCK MEGATONZ?!?!?!

Gbeav

Banned
-PXG- said:
You can voice chat with up to seven other people while doing anything from anywhere. I don't want to turn this into a console war, but why the fuck would I want to text chat while in a game or watching a movie?

Deaf people?

Fersis

dfyb said:
stealth feature: inviting friends now lists online friends first. instead of online/offline all in one group
Ok, that is a nice touch, it botters me when i game invite someone on SF IV having to scroll trough all the offline players.
Firmware respect +1 :lol

.GqueB.

Banned
Why are they censoring words in private chat? That makes no sense. If I wanna call my friend a horse fucker I should be able to

h3ro

-PXG- said:

M2AF: I don't like text chat.

-PXG- said:

It's like being in IRC or something. It's not about having a conversation. It's about feeling you can easily broadcast your thoughts to your friends.

"Doods I just beat Radec on Elite!!!111"
or
"God damn assault class... arrrg111!!!"

I guess you can think of it more like Twitter for the PS3.

-PXG- said:

Because not everyone has a mic on PS3 nor wants one.

LiquidMetal14

Let it be know that as of now, speevy shall be known as spielberg. As was written in our chat sessions, as was done by my will. Tag his ass with the word of the PS3 chat lords

comrade

Stealth update: when you click "Add Friend" it now gives you a brief description of what adding a friend does.:lol

This is exactly what I wanted with Demons souls. Just press the PS button to go right to the text chat.

-PXG- said:

Maybe you want to talk to your whole team and not just a few people?

GQman2121

Banned
I just used the chat for a nice meaningful conversation with one of my friends-it was nice.

Now they just need to extend the maximum amount of text you can send to one another. Right now it's like 10 words. :( That might be fine for folks who speak in symbols, but that's not cutting it for the rest of us.

Chrange

Banned
rainking187 said:
So I guess you can't redownload videos you've already bought? No videos in my download list.

I think that's probably the reason they added the ability to shuffle them around. To download it again you have to pay again.

Ploid 3.0

LiquidMetal14 said:
The chat is hilarious. It cencors words like horse and speevy. Otherwise it's a neat addition.

Censor? Why!! I hate Censors, especially in home. Speedy is censored in home.

Edit: Lol at Speevy's last posts.

Ploid 3.0

consoul said:
Good times.

Faster trophies. Copy & Paste + Spoilers readable. Clock overlap is a trademark of Playstation(R). Excellent.

We can copy and paste now, + highlight spoilers? If you mean a later update, I heard people say something about it but it never worked for me.

Top Bottom