• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS360] New images of Tomb Raider Underworld (LUSH!)

snoopers

I am multitalented
Here come thirteen new images of Tomb Raider Underworld. Damn, I really can't wait playing the crap out of this one...

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6957.html

1536_0001.jpg

1536_0003.jpg

1536_0007.jpg

1536_0012.jpg

1536_0013.jpg

(more pics at the link)

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
yoopoo said:
Here come the Uncharted pics....

yeah I would expect that since uncharted looks better. still, game looks interesting.

snoopers

I am multitalented
yoopoo said:
Here come the Uncharted pics....

Well I remember a CD dev saying on a forum they knew Uncharted looked better than their game... but anyway, yeah, pics coming.

I'd say it looks really good, but lighting seems a bit lacking.

Smokey

That actually looks pretty damn good. WTF with the tiger kick though. I'm so glad TR is back to being 'good'. Legend was awesome, Anniversary was a nice remake, and this one looks to deliver as well.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That picture with the tiger should really not exist.

Threi

notag
~Devil Trigger~ said:
:lol
NASA scientist would'nt be able to explain whats going on here

What you don't see is that she was initially behind the tiger. This is the 1 on 1 fighter minigame and she is doing a cross-up.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
AlteredBeast said:
Is she really trying to jump kick that tiger?

makes it look like the bike jacking animation from San Andreas. Invisible Tiger-jack victim.

snoopers

I am multitalented
Kabuki Waq said:
+ better Animation, Graphics, shooting mechanics, and level design.

IMO ofcourse.

Animation and level design ? TR still has the edge on these ones in my opinion.

Mohonky

snoopers said:

Agreed with snoops on the animation and level design.

Looking forward to this one. Wonder what sort of mechanics they plan on using for the shooting sections, lock on again or third person cover system.

But going by the 'fly kicking the tiger in the face' screenshot, I don't think the combat will be the games high point thats for sure.

Rainy Dog

Lush sums the pics up nicely. Keeping my eye on this...but a gut feeling tells me the PS3 version won't turn out well. Any word on how it's being handled?

snoopers said:

Maybe level design( I prefer Uncharted because I like where cover is placed and I liked the platforming)

But Animation it was not even close for my Money Uncharted has some of the best animation this GEN.

dmann

So is this game set in Cambodia? Those screens look very similar to Buddhist temples that are located in the jungles of Cambodia.

ampere

Finally, an actual current-gen Tomb Raider game! :D
Legend is fun, but definitely feels like what it is, an Xbox1 game.

dmann said:
So is this game set in Cambodia? Those screens look very similar to Buddhist temples that are located in the jungles of Cambodia.
I'll bet it's all around the world. Lara usually flies out to a different place each level.
Also, nice avatar :D

Mohonky

Kabuki Waq said:
Maybe level design( I prefer Uncharted because I like where cover is placed and I liked the platforming)

But Animation it was not even close for my Money Uncharted has some of the best animation this GEN.

When people say this are they talking about the in game animation or are they talking about the cutscene animations? The facial animation and those in the cutscenes in general are phenomenal, but as soon as you get in game Drake's movement is stiff, awkward and often disjointed with very little cohesion between transitions (jumping to running or climbing up a ledge to standing). In my opinion thats one area where the game falls flat for me yet everytime I see Uncharted brought up animation is the second thing after the graphics it gets praised for.

AlteredBeast said:
Is she really trying to jump kick that tiger?

Hey, Blackace can beat up a bear.. Lara Croft can jump kick a tiger! Those are some nice pics, can't wait to get ahold of a demo and see if TR is truly back.

Top Bottom