• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3's first must have title of 2007 goes gold

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the 12 days separating the us and japanese releases have started to look like an eternity. if there's a language option in the japanese version i'm importing. :/

drohne said:
the 12 days separating the us and japanese releases have started to look like an eternity. if there's a language option in the japanese version i'm importing. :/

Why does language matter in a fighting game anyway lol?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the training and quest modes are pretty text heavy, and in vf that text is actually worthwhile.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Misleading title. :/

thought it was about Heavenly Sword lolz I'm hopeless

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
john tv said:
Waiting for the 360 version here.

It will use the Hori stick that came out with DOA4, right?

momolicious said:
since its a fighting game why cant the game cost at most 49.99?

$49.99 doesn't get you that next-gen™ awesomeness

Anamoly

Has it been confirmed whether or not the 360 version will have the online play that for some inexplicable reason is not on the PS3? If this is so....superior version i will get.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wario64 said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164536.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6164536

Today, Sega announced the game (Virtua Fighter 5) has gone gold, and will arrive on the PS3 as planned, months before the Xbox 360 edition. It is rated T for Teen and will retail for $59.99.

Finally, I need this asap.
angry.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anamoly said:
Has it been confirmed whether or not the 360 version will have the online play that for some inexplicable reason is not on the PS3? If this is so....superior version i will get.

It won't. If it somehow does, that thread is gonna be so ****ing legendary. But I believe online is being omitted because of latency issues. It wouldn't be Virtua Fighter with the lag

Dante

Anamoly said:

It's been explained ad nauseum. Good luck on waiting for that feature.

Bebpo

Banned
Why anyone owning a PS3 would wait 4-6 months for the X360 version, which has been confirmed to be the same version "B" but with a few new modes and achievements...is beyond me unless you hate Sony. But then why would you have a PS3 in the first place?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bebpo said:
Why anyone owning a PS3 would wait 4-6 months for the X360 version, which has been confirmed to be the same version "B" but with a few new modes and achievements...is beyond me unless you hate Sony. But then why would you have a PS3 in the first place?

Who are you talking to precisely?

Amir0x

Banned
Bebpo said:

john tv is pretty angry with Sony and the PS3 atm. But, you can't really blame people.

If you actually own a PS3, though, and were a fan of VF... waiting is retarded. But that's just me.

terrene

Banned
Still no online mode, right? And no acheivements.... Hm.

Guess I'm waiting for the 360 version. They might patch it for online play! I don't even think you CAN patch games on the PS3, can you? :(

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
john tv is pretty angry with Sony and the PS3 atm. But, you can't really blame people.

If you actually own a PS3, though, and were a fan of VF5... waiting is retarded. But that's just me.
:lol

Waiting for the 360 will show em!
terrene said:

Guess I'm waiting for the 360 version.
Theres never going to be an online mode. never

Agent Icebeezy

Bebpo said:

Arcade stick is why I ask and achievements. If I can't use the arcade stick, I'm moving my preorder.

gbovo

Anamoly said:
you have been misinformed. No online play in either version.

Kittonwy

Banned
terrene said:

Guess I'm waiting for the 360 version. They might patch it for online play! I don't even think you CAN patch games on the PS3, can you? :(

Yes, you can patch games on the PS3.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
terrene said:

yes you can. Armored Core 4 autopatched itself twice already :D

Resistance just once.

Bebpo

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
Arcade stick is why I ask and achievements. If I can't use the arcade stick, I'm moving my preorder.

I have the DoA4 X360 stick so I can see where you're coming from if spending is a concern and you don't want to buy another stick for the PS3.

But then again if you get the X360 version and plan to actually play against PEOPLE you'll have to buy a 2nd stick anyways since the d-pad on the X360 pad is NOT going to cut it for VF5. :\

At least the DS d-pad works great for VF5, so you can get 1 stick, 2 sticks, or no sticks. Or you can use your PS2 sticks :) I'm grabbing one of the official VF PS3 sticks and then plugging in my PS2 RAP2 for the 2nd player personally.

Agent Icebeezy

ant1532 said:
You can use an arcade stick.

I already have 1 arcade stick, I'm not going to buy another stick for the sake of one game know the only opponent will be the CPU. Most of my friends have the stick for DOA4 when we get together. I'm the only one with a PS3.

Kittonwy

Banned
Amir0x said:

If you actually own a PS3, though, and were a fan of VF5... waiting is retarded. But that's just me.

Well I'm angry at Sony because I want the game NOW... oh wait how can I stay angry at you Sony, I wuv u for giving me Resistance. *hugs PS3*
gladtomeetya.gif

Gimme Motorstorm now!!!
angry.gif

I thought this was going to be a joke about Sonic the Hedgehog being PS3's ONLY software release in the US for January.

Thank goodness for NBA 2K7 being fun (hooray for playing a whole season in less than three weeks).

ant1532

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
I already have 1 arcade stick, I'm not going to buy another stick for the sake of one game know the only opponent will be the CPU. Most of my friends have the stick for DOA4 when we get together. I'm the only one with a PS3.
Yeah I understand I just thought you meant that there was no arcade stick for the PS3

kenta

Has no PEINS
I thought this was going to be about MotorStorm but I will accept VF5 as a must-have title as well. One month to go!

Rhazer Fusion said:
Why would it be cheaper since it is a fighting game?

how about since they have probably already recouped most of if not all their cost in arcade at this point ;)

and :lol at bebpo.. DS d-pad is a joke... Sega needs to do another Saturn controller release for the next gen consoles

Speevy

Banned
If I had a PS3, I might get this one pending a price drop.

As it is, I'll get the 360 version pending a price drop.

RuGalz

I can't wait. The fact that I should be able to reuse my PS1 original Tekken sticks (best ones ever made) will save me a lot of money and space.

Top Bottom