• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3's first must have title of 2007 goes gold

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Kabuki Waq said:
Waiting for the 360 version of VF5 is just as retarded is Waiting for the ps2 version of re4.

yea thats right

Yup. No way am I waiting...if the Xbox 360 version has some really awesome stuff added to it (and perhaps some people here already know of it) that makes it that much better than the PS3 version, then I'll buy it too. But VF5 hits the PS3 in a little more than two weeks. I've been waiting since November for a game that's going to keep me playing the system, and this is it. VF5 is too good a game to pass up on.

Wait until the 360 version comes out in the summer to have all the silly debates over which version is better. I'm predicing RE4-like levels of lunacy.

PhoenixDark said:
Why does language matter in a fighting game anyway lol?

Quest mode, Practice mode

I impatiently imported EVO and sadly Quest mode's text for the Quest Order descriptions was in Japanese. It's kind of lame when you need to print out translation FAQs to enjoy a game.

I'm playing patience and will get the NA version

kiUNiT

Bebpo said:
Why anyone owning a PS3 would wait 4-6 months for the X360 version, which has been confirmed to be the same version "B" but with a few new modes and achievements...is beyond me unless you hate Sony. But then why would you have a PS3 in the first place?

Blu-Ray?

a downloadable patch is the most likely thing they would do for a version update anyway.

Look at Genji II, they got a costume pack for Free in the download section of the PSN store

Pachael

Lyte Edge said:
Wait until the 360 version comes out in the summer to have all the silly debates over which version is better. I'm predicing RE4-like levels of lunacy.

I'm predicting that there will be a little joshing around when it's released (August) since the console bullet point fanboys will be proclaiming how their version's better than the others, but nowhere near RE4-lunacy.

Reasons:
- Said bullet point fanboys will move on to comparing GTA4 X360 vs GTA4 PS3 (October) or hyping up Halo 3 or MGS4 or something like that
- Some will be turned off by VF's traditional steep learning curve
- Left behind, as usual, are the VFers who'll be too busy going through Quest mode to chit-chat on GAF about it.

OTOH We'll start seeing 'oh, DOA4's far more enjoyable to play than VF5' stuff instead, or how Tekken 5 DR's cheaper and just as good, or Soul Calibur's the best 3D fighter around, Smash Brothers Melee's round the corner and it's better with 4 players and Wii controls, or...

Geez I've been here too long. :( Back to VF4 Evo for me, then.

Dave Long

Banned
If it weren't coming to 360 at all, I'd seriously consider a PS3 to play this.

The fact that it's no longer exclusive just means it'll be that much longer before I care about buying a PS3. GG Sega.

Bebpo

Banned
meltpotato said:
and :lol at bebpo.. DS d-pad is a joke... Sega needs to do another Saturn controller release for the next gen consoles

Eh? I can pull off an SPoD on an instant with the PS2 d-pad and hit every move for every character with 99% accuracy. I use a stick because it's more FUN to tap, tap, tap on F,F,F+P with Akira than tapping right 3 times, but I play just as well on the PS2 d-pad. Plus, my friends prefer pads over sticks and they soley use the PS2 d-pad.

For a fighting game that's 90% about tapping in the 4 main directions, the PS2 controller (and thus PS3 one) works extremely well for VF IMO. I definitely prefer it over the Saturn circular d-pad (which I prefer for games that use QCF/HCF motions like 2d fighters).

R3Z said:
360 fans should be grateful its even graceing their console.

...:lol

Bebpo said:
Eh? I can pull off an SPoD on an instant with the PS2 d-pad and hit every move for every character with 99% accuracy. I use a stick because it's more FUN to tap, tap, tap on F,F,F+P with Akira than tapping right 3 times, but I play just as well on the PS2 d-pad. Plus, my friends prefer pads over sticks and they soley use the PS2 d-pad.

For a fighting game that's 90% about tapping in the 4 main directions, the PS2 controller (and thus PS3 one) works extremely well for VF IMO. I definitely prefer it over the Saturn circular d-pad (which I prefer for games that use QCF/HCF motions like 2d fighters).

after the thousands of hours i've dumped into the DS pad through the years, i'm still don't feel comfortable with it. :shrug: im SOL on d-pads for nextgen right now. I see you're point in regards to the "tap" aspect with Tekken but the DS dpad just doesn't do it for me. I havent actually used the sixaxis d-pad in all of my ps3 play time but maybe it feels a bit different.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
ghostmind said:
Not a fighting game fan, but I may give this a try, since it is hyped to be the best that the genre can offer...

For 3D fighters, yes.

KGKK

Banned
Misleading title, Resistance is clearly the first must have title.

Edit:My bad, didn't read the 2007 in the title. Guess my eyes are misleading:lol

BboyDubC

Kabuki Waq said:
Waiting for the 360 version of VF5 is just as retarded is Waiting for the ps2 version of re4.

yea thats right

Ya.... it's stupid... I should just go out today and drop 670 dollars, plus another 30-40 for a VGA cable (is that even an option?) just so I can play VF5. Because well.... that sounds less retarded right?

BdoUK

Assuming this game supports 1080i then it will be my first PS3 game purchase. If not I'll be waiting for the 360 version.

KGKK

Banned
BboyDubC said:
Ya.... it's stupid... I should just go out today and drop 670 dollars, plus another 30-40 for a VGA cable (is that even an option?) just so I can play VF5. Because well.... that sounds less retarded right?

Yes because we all buy systems for one game only and will never ever play other awesome titles on it again.*rolls eyes*

If you do not have a ps3 and already have a 360 then by all means wait the few month but don't come into the ps3's version's thread and b!tch around.

Bebpo said:
Why anyone owning a PS3 would wait 4-6 months for the X360 version, which has been confirmed to be the same version "B" but with a few new modes and achievements...is beyond me unless you hate Sony. But then why would you have a PS3 in the first place?

Maybe they have a DOA stick but no good PS3 stick. Maybe the achivements (or other potential Live features) are important to them. Or maybe the 360 is just their preferred platform for multiplatform titles.

I don't think it's weird, and I also don't think it's weird if some multi-platform gamer wanted to wait for the PS3 version of Oblivion, Splinter Cell, or who knows what. People have their preferences.

Sometimes when it's not a drought and I'm in the middle of a big backlog, the thought of waiting a few more months for some game doesn't seem like a big deal at all. Not every game is OMG MUST BUY DAY ONE AAAAARGH to all people.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Lyte Edge said:
Yup. No way am I waiting...if the Xbox 360 version has some really awesome stuff added to it (and perhaps some people here already know of it) that makes it that much better than the PS3 version, then I'll buy it too. But VF5 hits the PS3 in a little more than two weeks. I've been waiting since November for a game that's going to keep me playing the system, and this is it. VF5 is too good a game to pass up on.

I wanted to wait, but I couldn't so I broke down and got a PS3 too.

When the 360 version hits I'll probably buy it again...

LJ11

meltpotato said:
and :lol at bebpo.. DS d-pad is a joke... Sega needs to do another Saturn controller release for the next gen consoles

:lol

The SixAxis D-pad is leagues better than the Dual Shock D-pad. I just finished a 2 hour session with SF Alpha Anth with a friend, and he noticed the difference in the D-pad as well. It feels much firmer than it did in the past. If the D-pad on the PS3 is a joke, than what the **** is the 360's. :lol

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Can we all hold off on laying our dicks on the table re: PS3 version vs 360 version until they're *both* out?

This is why we can't have nice things!

Bog

Junior Ace
Holy shit, people. Just sell the PS3 version in 6 months or so when the 360 one comes out if you care that much. What are you gonna lose? $20 to play VF5 for 6+ months? Yeah, what a raw deal.

DCharlie

Banned
English commentary might not be in the JPN version?

... actually, that's more of a reason to get the JPN version.

Top Bottom