• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 goes live on April 30th

whitehawk

Banned
yes

They made the comments better!

KT5GKrK.png

why japan love ustream ?

Same reason US somehow doesn't love WhatsApp.

Different countries, different taste and acceptance/leanings of products. Sometimes these things just happen by chance, where a product becomes popular first and simply established itself as the defacto choice.

Kru

Now that HDCP will be switched off, can i ask any of the more knowledgeable in the field, if this means i can use a receiver with my ps4?

Currently i have my ps3 hooked up to my tv, and my ps4 hooked up to my monitor, but i would like to hook up both my ps3 and ps4 to my monitor via a receiver i purchased, (2 input, 1 output) so whenever i am done watching netflix on my ps3 on tv, i just have to switch the hdmi cable on the back of my ps3, rather than fiddle around the underside of my monitor.

The issue i am having is that, with the ps4 attached via the receiver, after about 15 minutes to half an hour it starts flickering, very badly. Sony have said the ps4 does not work with receivers after i phoned up support.

Ps3 never has this issue btw, never flickers at all using the receiver.

ZeroX03

Banned
Now that HDCP will be switched off, can i ask any of the more knowledgeable in the field, if this means i can use a receiver with my ps4?

Currently i have my ps3 hooked up to my tv, and my ps4 hooked up to my monitor, but i would like to hook up both my ps3 and ps4 to my monitor via a receiver i purchased, (2 input, 1 output) so whenever i am done watching netflix on my ps3 on tv, i just have to switch the hdmi cable on the back of my ps3, rather than fiddle around the underside of my monitor.

The issue i am having is that, with the ps4 attached via the receiver, after about 15 minutes to half an hour it starts flickering, very badly. Sony have said the ps4 does not work with receivers after i phoned up support.

It wont change anything.

XonoX

I'm surprised to see this info coming out of Japan.

My understanding was that Japan handled ps3 software and the move to ps4 would also move firmware development to the US.

Do we know where the firmware is being developed?

cripterion

When will they implement some media playback? It's embarrassing that these new consoles don't have basic functions that their predecessors had...

Hydrargyrus

Finally.

It's the first time I've been waiting for a FW update. All the previous times, I've found the update without noticing it... but this time has been ridiculous: rumors of content, rumours of releasing dates, delaying of rumored dates...

Jomjom

Banned
About damn time. Took you long enough Soony.

TBH pretty lackluster set of features though. After having to wait this long I was expecting much more than whats showed in that video.

Ps3 never has this issue btw, never flickers at all using the receiver.

Wait, Sony said the PS4 just literally doesn't work with any receivers?

I'm surprised to see this info coming out of Japan.

My understanding was that Japan handled ps3 software and the move to ps4 would also move firmware development to the US.

Do we know where the firmware is being developed?

Apparently still in Japan.
There will be other features in the 1.7 of course, but as the video highlighted it's quite a JP centric update all things considered (niconico, VitaTV) and it's not a coincidence that the release had to wait till niconico server stuff etc. is ready. SCEJA even posted the 30th of April release date about 10 days ago! No wonder SCEE/SCEA have to stay quiet as they basically have no say in any of this :p

Better be just their planned update for the JP launch and things get more weighted towards regions where PS4 sells are high.
(unless JP gamers have the same top missing features list anyway :D )

In Muricaa' we don't even have that either!

Sonybro let me preload The Show

Yup, wonder what is taking so long for the youtube app. The youtube web site is ass as far as UI is concerned. I love the youtube apps, and being able to watch youtube videos on my 42 inch in HD is a sight to behold.

Watching freddie wong videos on the big screen is classy.

Top Bottom