• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 4.0 Beta codes are being sent out now

There is a set time until controllers turn off with an option being "Do not turn off". Does that mean that arcade sticks should work now without de syncing?

Clockwork

I got in.

First impression:

Heck yes! The library is fixed. I can't delete demos/betas from it, but at least they only show in my purchases folder and not anywhere else.

Venom Fox

Banned
Still no Email for me. Shame as I've been in every Beta up until this point and always report crashes etc.

Also can someone post the EU forum link like asked above? I asked a few pages back as well and nobody responded although there's posters who say there is a link.

Yazuka

Does anyone know if they are sending more codes out? If they are I guess there is still a glimmer of hope to join this beta.

GeNoMe

Still no Email for me. Shame as I've been in every Beta up until this point and always report crashes etc.

Also can someone post the EU forum link like asked above? I asked a few pages back as well and nobody responded although there's posters who say there is a link.

The same goes for me. Now that a Beta has been released with options that are really worthwhile imo, I don't get in :( Even got to do the PSnow beta. The lottery was not favourable this time round.

I'm still hoping that I'll get a key sent out to me. But i'm thinking that will not be the case :/

Ibuki

Banned
Does anyone have an extra code from NA that they aren't going to use? I really want to start using folders. :(

Well I guess Sony is still giving out codes. I just received mine a min ago (EU).

Same here (AT account). I like most of the UI changes.

Added a backlog and a (online) multiplayer folder.

Oh and scared the shit out of me when it gave me an error message during the installation/reboot and shut down. Was fine when starting it again though.

PaulLFC

What the fuck...

Got an email while I was at work saying I was selected for the beta, clicked the link when I got home and got this

Gw0YBIx.png

What absolute bullshit.

Got my code last week (US) and immediately I created folders to organize my dashboard. Much better now and everything feels snappier for me.

So I realized I cant shareplay with my friend since he doesnt have the beta. I know we can revert back to the regular firmware version, but if I did that, will I still be able to re-install the beta again?

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
So i entered this code when i got it and finally turn on my PS4 today and it never boots now, I get no signal from it. Did this update brick my PS4?

What the fuck...

Got an email while I was at work saying I was selected for the beta, clicked the link when I got home and got this

What absolute bullshit.
If you were selected for the beta the same e-mail should have a code to redeem in store.

So i entered this code when i got it and finally turn on my PS4 today and it never boots now, I get no signal from it. Did this update brick my PS4?
You entered the code, but did you ever initiate the firmware update on your system? It isn't automatic. Also, might just be a handshake issue. Try disconnecting the cable and reconnecting it, or holding the power button from the off state until you hear a second beep to enter safe mode and see if that comes up (this will also reset video settings).

Footos22

You had to apply the update manually through system update in settings. If you didn't even do anything but add the code it wouldn't of even updated.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Checked my email just now and much to my surprise I was selected. First time ever I've been chosen for a Beta. Man, folders are so good.

squarealex

I put the beta Tuesday.
Yesterday it was very hot at home (over 25 ° / 77 ° or more). My sister watched an anime / manga via Crunchyroll. When she finished, I put the console in standby by pressing the button (orange line).
She restarted the console, she put Crunchyroll (standby) and 5 minutes later she told me that the console out this message "overheating"
I unplugged and re-turn on the console. I put the Plex software. 3 minutes later, I see the message overheating + red flashing line.
But the strangest, the fan was not running !
So I thought it was a problem with the beta firmware.
I handed in 3.55 via USB in safe mode (it to overheat at 80% of the update)
I left 10 minutes, re-doing the update in beta 4.00 to 3.55.
3.55 overheating when the console displays "reconstruction data on hard disk". (No fan sound)

I disassembled the console from A to Z, it has had time to cool down, reassemble the console. Complete Data Reconstruction, tested The Last of Us (my console is loud with this game). The fan works, I left the console on the menu for 1 hour. No overheating.

So I think the Beta 4.00 is about issue with the fan of the console.

How to prevent Sony for this problem ?

It's annoying me that HDMI-CEC seems to be busted now. I have to manually turn my TV on everytime.

That said, I'm running my PS4 into a splitter which then outputs to the TV.

Anyone else had this problem?

Venom Fox

Banned
I put the beta Tuesday.
Yesterday it was very hot at home (over 25 ° / 77 ° or more). My sister watched an anime / manga via Crunchyroll. When she finished, I put the console in standby by pressing the button (orange line).
She restarted the console, she put Crunchyroll (standby) and 5 minutes later she told me that the console out this message "overheating"
I unplugged and re-turn on the console. I put the Plex software. 3 minutes later, I see the message overheating + red flashing line.
But the strangest, the fan was not running !
So I thought it was a problem with the beta firmware.
I handed in 3.55 via USB in safe mode (it to overheat at 80% of the update)
I left 10 minutes, re-doing the update in beta 4.00 to 3.55.
3.55 overheating when the console displays "reconstruction data on hard disk". (No fan sound)

I disassembled the console from A to Z, it has had time to cool down, reassemble the console. Complete Data Reconstruction, tested The Last of Us (my console is loud with this game). The fan works, I left the console on the menu for 1 hour. No overheating.

So I think the Beta 4.00 is about issue with the fan of the console.

How to prevent Sony for this problem ?
I'd stay away then if I was you. AFAIK entering and agreeing to the beta testing waivers your right to be compensated if your console breaks.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Did someone already mention that 4.0 allows 720p 60fps livestreaming? It works really good

Top Bottom