• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One both have the best console launch line-up EVER

Salex_

PS4 lineup is weak, Xbox One has a nice lineup though.

Xbox One lineup is weak, PS4 has a nice lineup though.

index.php

The PONG console had the best launch EVER.

It had.....PONG ....and cutting edge PADDLE controllers.

And that's all it EVER NEEDED.

It was FLOP-PROOF.

DeVeAn

Maybe I am alone in this but, new console means games I cannot play on old consoles. So those games don't count. Also Dreamcast best line up EVER.

I don't like either lineup, but I would say I prefer Xbox One's. I only plan on getting a PS4 out of the two though (and not at launch).

S¡mon

Banned
People underestimate the power of multiplatform games. Exclusives are awesome but lets not deny that most of our game libraries consists of COD, FIFA, Madden, BF...etc..etc.
Yep, I think this is a huge factor. People like games like FIFA, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.

Timu

I wouldn't go that far, but there are a quite of bit of games to play, like for PS4 I'm getting Killzone and Knack day one and on X1 Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct day one as well.

jgmo870

Banned
I wouldn't say they have the best lineup ever but the hyperbole about how weak they are and all of the drive-by "typical launch game" posts is hilarious. Especially about Shadow Fall. I don't care at all for Killzone but it looks impressive whether or not it's a launch game.

RayMaker

Banned
Both have solid line ups but besides ryse and DR3 everything seems like a really safe option that looks like they will feel like a hundred games before them.

As i'am not getting a system at launch the multiplat comparisons will be a strong determining factor for me.

d1rtn4p

I think they're both pretty bad. Dead Rising 3 is the only one I'm mildly interested in. Least hyped I've ever been for a new generation.

Skyzard

Banned
The way things are going I'm more likely to buy a new ps3 than keep my ps4 preorder, seems like it is getting a lot more love :(

I play quite a lot of different games but yeah, not really hyped for anything! Like nothing, if I had lots of money I'd still keep it because awesome new system and games will come, but as things stand, not really doing it for me.

They're both ok, and I'm getting the PS4 at launch. Still, N64 had Super Mario 64, that's pretty slick. To say they both have the best ever is just a teensy bit hyperbole.

T.O.P

Banned
Well X1 has four "sequels" from some of my favourites sagas in gaming, i'm pretty fuckin happy with that

Sendou

Housemarque is a indie dev now?

You think they aren't just because Sony is funding the game? Yeah I get the independent part but surely this is splitting hairs at this point. Because if you're going by that then we have no indie titles for launch I guess. Resogun is probably being worked on by 20-30 people. It's not a big team.

Bgamer90

Banned
They are pretty solid but I wouldn't say that it's the "best ever" -- mainly due to the high number of cross-gen games.

The suspend feature is the killer app. I use this all the time on my vita. Auto recording gameplay is nice too. 3rd party games will be much better than 360/ps3. Can't imagine playing ac4 on the old consoles. Infamous will be here soon :)

This is a big point to me. People are too laser-focused on the short term....and that's not why you buy a console at launch. I look at what we will be able to play for the first few months of the new console lives compared to what we got at the beginning of the PS3/360 gen and we are LOADED up with quality games.

The delay of a few games sucks, but there is still a healthy list of games still worth playing.

Feel like a broken record as I just mentioned this in another thread. :p

S¡mon

Banned
They are pretty solid but I wouldn't say that it's the "best ever" -- mainly due to the high number of cross-gen games.
That's something where I disagree. Just because a game is also coming out for current-gen consoles, doesn't mean it gets 'less good' on next-gen consoles.

But I respect your opinion and I can't change how you feel about something. :)

Ephemeris

250px-PS2-Fat-Console-Set.png

PS2 had the best launch EVER.

Armored Core 2 (Agetec, Action)
DOA2: Hardcore (Tecmo, Fighting)
Dynasty Warriors 2 (Koei, Action)
ESPN International Track and Field (Konami, Sports)
ESPN X-Games Snowboarding (Konami, Sports)
Eternal Ring (Agetec, RPG)
Evergrace (Agetec, RPG)
FantaVision (SCEI, Puzzle)
Gun Griffon Blaze (Working Designs, Action)
Kessen (EA, Adventure)
Madden NFL 2001 (EA, Sports)
Midnight Club (Rockstar, Racing)
Moto GP (Namco, Racing)
NHL 2001 (EA, Sports)
Orphen (Activision, RPG)
Q-Ball Billiards Master (Take-Two Interactive, Simulation)
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (Midway, Sports)
Ridge Racer V (Namco, Racing)
Silent Scope (Konami, Shooter)
Smuggler's Run (Rockstar, Racing-Adventure)
SSX (EA, Sports)
Street Fighter EX3 (Capcom, Fighting)
Summoner (THQ, RPG)
Swing Away (Paradise Golf in Japan) (EA, Sports)
Tekken Tag Tournament (Namco, fighting)
TimeSplitters (Eidos, First-Person Shooter)
Unreal Tournament (Infogrames, First-Person Shooter)
Wild Wild Racing (Interplay, Racing)
X-Squad (EA, Action)

I mean damn.

You want racers? Fighters? Action games?

Awesome new IPs too

Bgamer90

Banned
S¡mon;86298499 said:
That's something where I disagree. Just because a game is also coming out for current-gen consoles, doesn't mean it gets 'less good' on next-gen consoles.

But I respect your opinion and I can't change how you feel about something. :)

I'm not saying that; the games should still be solid.

It's just that previous launches had more unique games.

Yeah, no, I don't think these come even close to "best launch line-up ever". Not to say they're bad launch line-ups, but they've been outdone in the past.

Right now, the only launch games I want are Knack and Crimson Dragon, and neither are nearly enough to sell me on their respective consoles Day One.

Mugatu

Both have a couple of good games but not far from a good line up. The PS4 is somewhat more diverse but neither are that great especially considering the number of great games coming to current gen.

danwarb

Dead Rising 3 looks alright. Open world, co-op should be entertaining, they can hear you. Also Crimson Dragon.

It's hard to care about many of these launch titles, but I'll be getting an X1 at launch anyway to try out the nifty features of the system.

Meh, other than Assassin's Creed IV (which I'm not exactly hyped for after AC3), there isn't a single game launching on either console that I will ever play.

I see no reason to purchase either console this fall.

Himself

Sorry OP, but you didn't change my mind. If anything, your list made it more clear that there's not much to be excited about.

Plus, not a single good multiplatform game.

Resogun and Octodad look great, but they can wait.

BadAss2961

While not the BEST EVER, it's an underrated lineup compared to what we've gotten before. People forget how shitty most launch lineups were.

Ass Creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Dead Rising, Forza, Killzone, and NBA2K are all well established franchises (some of them are huge) that are getting full blown new entries. Drive Club is obviously going to be a very good racer as well.

Sure there isn't tons of variety, but there never is at launch.

Top Bottom