• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One both have the best console launch line-up EVER

I like PS4's lineup over the coming year, but XBone has more interesting launch games imo. Forza, DR3, and Ryse all seem worthy of a purchase, whereas Killzone is the only PS4 exclusive launch game I'm interested in right now.

Kinda wish I'd pre-ordered both back in June.

Skyzard

Banned
The suspend feature is the killer app. I use this all the time on my vita. Auto recording gameplay is nice too . 3rd party games will be much better than 360/ps3. Can't imagine playing ac4 on the old consoles. Infamous will be here soon :)

I've been reminding myself of this as well.. Sucks to hear youtube uploading isn't ready buts it's not crucial. Standby really will be great. Soon as there is a game worth standing by, I'll get a ps4 I think. Save some of that money for food and bills and things rather than playing the ui. Damn it ps+ drive club, I would have lost so much weight starving for you. Knack isn't guaranteed fun like a next generation driving game I didn't pay for is.

T.O.P

Banned
This message is hidden because PureGone is on your ignore list.

"View Post"

While only having less than half the games the PS4 has and a bunch of current gen to next gen projects that look like utter shit like Ryse

hBE2763B5

There's quite a few titles in the PS4 lineup I'm interested in, but I'll still be waiting for Infamous: Second Son to drop before picking up a PS4.

Are Flower, Flow and Sound Shapes really going to be available at launch?
Announced today, Flower and Sound Shapes out 15th November (US launch), flOw and Escape Plan out 29th November (EU launch).

I can't see this launch as the best ever, it's certainly not the worst launch line-up. It just doesn't top the PS2 or Dreamcast launch.

While only having less than half the games the PS4 has and a bunch of current gen to next gen projects that look like utter shit like Ryse

Its funny because i bet more than half of those would have better reviews than Crimson Dragon, Ryse and Killer Instinct.

Yeah, if i had a Xbone preordered i would be.

Jesus Christ dude.

Announced today, Flower and Sound Shapes out 15th November (US launch), flOw and Escape Plan out 29th November (EU launch).

Ah cool, can't wait to see Sound Shapes and Flower in native 1080p.

Shaanyboi

Banned
This launch lineup did nothing to prevent me from cancelling my PS4 pre-order. I'll most-likely get one early next year, certainly, but I see no compelling software that makes me want to drop that money right now.

Kurtofan

Most of those games look like the usual action/shooter/sports/racing fare that was found on PS3/360, not really anything exciting.

Derrick01

Banned
This is definitely not the best launch lineup ever unless most of these boring yearly multiplatform games suddenly stop being mediocre and become amazing out of nowhere. I don't expect the launch exclusives to be anything other than decent and then ultimately forgettable in a year once the systems both start kicking into gear, as most launch games end up. The most I can say is it's the best lineup a Sony console's had.

pinny

Banned
You think they aren't just because Sony is funding the game? Yeah I get the independent part but surely this is splitting hairs at this point. Because if you're going by that then we have no indie titles for launch I guess. Resogun is probably being worked on by 20-30 people. It's not a big team.

No, I didn't mean because of Sonys funding.

Housemarque has been around for many years and released a lot of games. Usually what people call indie developers are devs with no/barely a track record and extremely small teams/one man shows.

Of course the whole indie label doesn't make sense at all, at least not in the way people are using it.

Don't know if THE BEST, but they sure as hell are not weak or lacking.
People just like to complain about everything.

Whoever buys a PS4 or a Xbone this year will have plenty of games.

This is definitely not the best launch lineup ever unless most of these boring yearly multiplatform games suddenly stop being mediocre and become amazing out of nowhere. I don't expect the launch exclusives to be anything other than decent and then ultimately forgettable in a year once the systems both start kicking into gear, as most launch games end up. The most I can say is it's the best lineup a Sony console's had.

What...no love for Fantavision?

Nah, PS2 had a decent line up. SSX, R2R: Boxing, RR5, Tekken Tag.

UberTag

I can't see this launch as the best ever, it's certainly not the worst launch line-up. It just doesn't top the PS2 or Dreamcast launch.
Or the Vita launch.
Or the PSP launch.
Or the Super NES launch.

And isn't likely to boast the killer apps of the original Xbox V1 launch, the Nintendo 64 launch, the Wii launch, the original Game Boy launch, etc.

Dreamcast still the king.
Easily the best launch lineup of all-time. Only challenged by the Sony portables.

To me PS4 has less games easily. There is lots of old pc ports i can play right now so i see killzone,driveclub and kack. On xbox one i cant get DR,KI,Crimson Dragon and Forza 5 anywhere else.

People underestimate the power of multiplatform games. Exclusives are awesome but lets not deny that most of our game libraries consists of COD, FIFA, Madden, BF...etc..etc.

I would guess there are plenty of Gaffers who don't buy games from any of those franchises regularly.

I distinctly remember people being extremely disappointed with the PS2 launch line-up, so much so that The Matrix was seen as its "killer app" at launch.

Hiltz

I pretty much agree with everyone that while the respective launch lineups cover a good amount of genres and popular franchises, there's really nothing that makes you want to really buy one of these consoles for, at least not this year anyway. Fortunately, Xbox One does have Titanfall coming, but its not even an exclusive next-gen title, and PS4 has Resogun and Second Son. So PS4's most interesting game to me is an indie game (I love indie games, but its a a bit underwhelming when none of the big publishers can offer something only they can make given their capacity for large-scale projects).

RayMaker

Banned
This is a big point to me. People are too laser-focused on the short term....and that's not why you buy a console at launch. I look at what we will be able to play for the first few months of the new console lives compared to what we got at the beginning of the PS3/360 gen and we are LOADED up with quality games.

The delay of a few games sucks, but there is still a healthy list of games still worth playing.

Feel like a broken record as I just mentioned this in another thread. :p

I agree, if your going to be a single system owner like me i'am going to be stuck with it for at least 7 years and looking at current franchises may not be the best indicator

We need to know what naughty dogs,sony santa monica are doing

what are quantum break, the order, fable and the black tusk game going be like.

I'am going to wait until beyond E3 2014 to see what killer app will make me upgrade.

The PS4 may have the price,graphical and indie advantage now but they are meaningless if the X1 has an exclusive you cannot game without.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
250px-PS2-Fat-Console-Set.png

I mean damn.

You want racers? Fighters? Action games?

Awesome new IPs too

Lol you just reminded me how me and a friend of mine had a very strong Street Fighter vs Tekken thing going on and me being team street fighter was really pissed that EX3 was launching along side Tekken Tag Tournament because EVEN I KNEW TTT was better and that he would never let me live it down
he almost forgot then TTT2 was announced

Derrick01

Banned
What...no love for Fantavision?

Nah, PS2 had a decent line up. SSX, R2R: Boxing, RR5, Tekken Tag.

The only cool really early PS2 game I can remember playing was Kessen, and I don't think that was even a launch game. I know Dark Cloud was really early too but still post-launch. The floodgates kind of opened around that 8 month mark.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Dreamcast and Wii launch lineups were far more exciting to me, but good for you if you find it compelling. XBox One clearly has the edge, no matter how much I prefer the PS4. DR3 and KI give it the edge, and Kinect 2 will bring something new that sparks my imagination, a bit.

prag16

Banned
Exclusives are a tad weak. Especially for PS4. But the multiplats make PS4 and Xbox One the two best next gen console launches of all-time.

But every last one of them will be on some combination of PC/WiiU/PS3/360....

Doesn't mean that some of them won't be system sellers for some people, but the fact remains that there's no killer app. Hell, it could be argued that NSMBU was more of a hardware-moving "killer app" than anything here. But I guess we'll see.

The only cool really early PS2 game I can remember playing was Kessen, and I don't think that was even a launch game. I know Dark Cloud was really early too but still post-launch. The floodgates kind of opened around that 8 month mark.

No-one ever remembers Shadow of Memories. No-one and it breaks my heart to see such a fantastic game go unacknowledged.

Kessen was cool though.

R3TRODYCE

After the watchdogs news broke yesterday I had to cancel it and find something else to order on the PS4 and I must say that the launch lineup is pretty bad aside from Killzone. I ended up using that preorder credit on Nba 2k14.

TAS

Not even close. I've been gaming for over 25 years and the PS4 is going to be the first console I purchase without a game at launch. :I

Most boring launch lineup EVER. There is nothing I want. Nothing.

Dreamcast had Virtua Fighter 3tb, Sonic Adventure, Soul Caliber etc.

Also a lot other systems with good launch stuff.

HT UK

I wouldn't say either next-gen console has a better launch lineup than the Vita. But that was then followed by a massive drought. At least with next-gen we have stuff to look forward to in Spring.

After playing PS4 at Eurogamer, my most anticipated title is probably Resogun

Racer1977

Dead Rising 3 is a 7/10 game at best, same for KI, meanwhile Ryse screams 5/10 launch disaster. Forza 5's the pick of the Xbox One exclusives, it'll be at least as good as Forza 4, the question is whether it will be marked down for lack of innovation.

On PS4, Killzone SF is a solid 8/10, I'm sure it'll score above that on most sites, equally there'll be a few sites looking to make a name for themselves with a low score. KNACK, who knows, it is what it is, I'd give a Mario game 5/10 as I can't stand platformers, so I'm not a good judge.

Then we get onto downloadable titles, I don't honestly know much about most, I plan on trying the demos and taking it from there. The only sure thing is Resogun, that will certainly be the best rated of all next-gen launch games.

The 3rd party titles, well, we have pretty much everything that's going to dominate the Christmas charts, other than GTAV (and of course PS3 exclusive GT6).

For those who say that's poor, I can only assume they haven't experienced many launches. PSone, I bought Toshinden (may have even been a demo, not full game), I think that was it.

PS2 I bought a crappy FIFA and SSX, then nothing for months. While on PS3, I made do with the GT5 (or whatever it was called) demo, Fight Night 3 & F1.

Top Bottom