• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Final Fantasy XV Luna Bundle will be released in NA and EU

wmlk

I don't get the comments about it being a rush job. It looks really classy and compliments the all-black look.

LAA

Nice it's confirmed now and cool the limited edition is coming with the deluxe edition.
But yeah, baffling to me the Pro isn't being used here. While I understand the Slim may get more people on board, if I wasn't already a PS4 owner, I would still definitely be looking at the Pro as I would see that as the more "future proof" console.

Oh well either way, still hopefully getting a PS4 Pro before FFXV, and probably better that way so it can all be set up before FFXV. Would have been nice to be able to just replace the top section or something similar to the HDD cover.

wmlk

It's not a rush job at all. Maybe the controller, but the console is certainly not.

Compared to other LE consoles we've seen in the past, I don't get that statement especially. The gold finishing with 'XV' stands out without it being an eyesore.

Shahed

I'm just happy we're finally getting a FF-themed hardware here.
Were the PSP ones the last ones to come over? I remember buying the FFVII Crisis Core LE.

And I've been wanting and waiting for a FFXV LE to replace my launch model. Now that it's finally here it's a Slim. I'd have paid a little bit more and got it if the console was a Pro.

Voror

Looks nice and coming with the Deluxe version is a bonus too. If it was a Pro I'd probably spring for it but still nice to see them doing this at all.

Surprised they didn't just throw the game with a slim

Design is pretty good but I'll stick to my mgs V red baby
Would have liked a pro too if I were to buy it

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'll probably get this and just sell the copy of the game or so. The design is neat and I'm a fool for custom consoles.

Shin-chan

I was so prepared to buy an expensive limited edition pro console for Final Fantasy. It's really confusing that they decided to go premium with the slim even in the west. Oh well, I'll be able to get the new console earlier i guess

lupinko

If you want a fancy console:

1) get slim or pro
2) get Stella or Luna design
3) take to laser engraver
4) ?????
5) profit

Enthus

I'd probably buy it if it was a Pro, but I'll just stick with the Type 0 edition I bought a couple of years ago. People who come over really like the red, anyway.

Final Fantasy XV: Deluxe Edition is $89.99 and a 1TB drive

Special designs are always premium price too.

I could understand the idea of this being a special edition console, but that doesn't justify the price point. For direct comparison, the Xbox One S Gears of War bundle has a custom paint job, laser etching and a $100 version of the game for just $50 more than the standard MSRP of the console. This is $150 more than the MSRP... I just don't see why this thing is so expensive. I would think $349 to $399 max would be reasonable here.

Elios83

The movie is included in the Deluxe Edition, so that's not separate value. Basically, you're paying $60 for the decals.

Not 60$, it's 349$ for the 1TB Slim + 90$ for the game.
So you spend 10$ for the decals.
Still yeah, at 399$ it would have been a great price but these things are meant to exploit fans willing to pay more to have the limited edition console. Microsoft is doing the same with their 449$ Gears bundle for example.

Nice... an actual LE console. Still, I like my TKK LE more so I'll stick with that since the slim offers no real upgrade. Would have been a good chance to sell me on a Pro Sony but no dice.

JayBabay

Would have bought one if it was pro.. How many people are buying FFXV that don't already own a PS4 or XB1 :/

Ydelnae

Please release OG PS4 faceplates with this design.

Who am I kidding, OG users don'teven exist anymore for Sony

DrBretto

Banned
A 1TB slim is $349 for those complaining about the price.

The extra $50 for 500 GB of largely unnecessary storage isn't that much more comforting. And it still only bridges the gap partially. It's still $10 for the decal.

Bundles are for deals, I thought.

Loudninja

The extra $50 for 500 GB of largely unnecessary storage isn't that much more comforting. And it still only bridges the gap partially. It's still $10 for the decal.

Bundles are for deals, I thought.
People usually buy these limited editions for the design,or the game.

Is this the first PS4 limtied edition that looks awesome?

You missed out on the DQH and MGS V Edition.
ujusgou1lpsasss8rt5d.jpg

Top Bottom