• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

c0de

C3wwKgiW8AA9wgl.jpg

Beast Mode activated.
Hallo Ogulcan :)

Absolute megaton for me.

I only bought a PS4 Pro earlier because EB offered a crazy-good trade-in deal for my OG PS4.

If I hadn't, this would sell me on a Pro for sure. So many games I want to go back to now.

Flandy

Someone try Until Dawn and see how it runs now please. It had an unlocked frame rate so it was pretty jarring but maybe its better now?

Aces&Eights

I struck gold with Hit, guys. Will be seeing if the code works when I get home (in couple hours) If for some reason it's region locked (im usa) then I will jump on and do a giveaway.

Cuburt

Can anyone if this is just frame interpolation, like what many TV sets do to smooth motion and artificially increase frame rate?

If anyone has a spare code for the beta, I've got a PS4 pro and a capture card that can do 1080/60, and a good number of games. I'd love to do some some comparison videos.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
They need to add the option to turn this on and off through the 'quick menu' in case a couple of game cause problems and people want to change it without having to scroll through the menus.

Runs Amazing, no problems in the buggy while driving (was the most demanding), i think it runs at a stable 30 fps now. Don't have computer eyes but it is 100% smoother, even in the menu itself.
For me, it seemed like there was still some definite hiccups when traversing. Driving seemed fine though. Currently in the middle of uploading both Broforce and Dying Light, but my internet speeds have slowed down a lot for some reason.

If anyone has an extra code to offer, I promise to pay it forward if I somehow get one. \o/

I need to test Witcher 3 and FFXIV so baaad. I also wonder if the crazy fog lag in Fallout 4 is still a thing.

Top Bottom