• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

zewone

Quote if you have PS4 Pro and don't have a code :)

nRColve.jpg

poodaddy

Looks like Sony might actually succeed in selling me a Pro, didn't think they'd pull that off. Income taxes....hmmmm.

HF2014

Now waiting two weeks to see if we will receive reports of burned ps4! ;) Its like overclocking systems in a way. Hoping it wont happen. Cause this thing really wanna make me get a Pro now.

TyGLynx

Neo Member
A question: now CD Projekt RED (and others) can make a "unlocked FPS patch" for Pro?

It doesn't take the time of a "Pro patch" so it's easy to make possible. And boost mode make the rest.

dakun

i just had to chuckle at this.. poor Digital Foundry. They did weeks of testing on various games and now Sony dropped this bomb into their lap. This will make for awesome content though.

i just had to chuckle at this.. poor Digital Foundry. They did weeks of testing on various games and now Sony dropped this bomb into their lap. This will make for awesome content though.

Digital Foundry is going to have to make another channel at this point.

AzaK

Why did this need a firmware update? I would have thought the PS4 Pro GPU just runs faster and so gets the job done in a shorter time. Therefore, smoother and less drops.

zewone

Why did this need a firmware update? I would have thought the PS4 Pro GPU just runs faster and so gets the job done in a shorter time. Therefore, smoother and less drops.

It needed a firmware update so the PS4 game recognizes there's more hardware capabilities for it to utilize.

Not a hard concept to understand.

Carn82

I think they just wanted to play it safe but also push the Pro out before Christmas. And maybe they had to put some safeguards in place to make sure some games don't crash or became unplayable.

I'm curious how FFXIV works in Idyllshire on a heavily populated server like Gilgamesh. I'll probably make a video of that as soon as I get the update. The game generally runs fine until you go there. Even worse during new patches.

Is this gonna end up being a 4 month beta or are they wanting to get this out pretty quick?

I'm guessing i won't see a difference for 4k but game dependent for frame rates?

That sounds okay

I wish PS4 had fps counter. It's hard to tell at times if there's any performance improvement.

Doom felt REALLY smooth, but I'm not sure if it's 60fps magic or Pro Boost magic.

Driveclub felt the same, since that seems to be locked 30fps.

What other games have performance issues?

Top Bottom